Submissions

About

Review Detail

Risk: Legacy
Board Games 1454
A Grand, Fragile Experiment
Rating 

OH SWEET JESUS HOW DO YOU SLEEVE A STICKER

It's a game! It's an art project! It's a cruel psychological experiment! It's all these things and more... like a roller coaster full of plus-size swimsuit models* it thrills and titillates through the ups and downs. Only three games in and the burning of Earth 12769 already has a unique narrative. And this is without opening any packets. With sticker and Sharpie we have left our mark on this embattled world—the warlords of Thunderia, New Sparta and Sasquatchistan showing themselves to be more than willing to pop nukes in pristine old-growth forests and water the virgin plains with the blood of orphans in order to... to... uh, I used to know the reasons why, but now all I know is hate.

*Or a gaggle of hairless, pouty, male underwear models flopped on a tatty sofa if that's your thing instead.

Don't fool yourself—if you're not defacing the hell out of this game you're not even getting 1% of the experience it has to offer. It's like the difference between masturbating to an underwear catalog vs. a threesome with real people. Tell yourself whatever makes you feel better all alone with your anal retentive proclivities, but if you're not putting your mark on it you are not playing the game.

This is, only three games in, among the best gaming experiences I've ever had.

9 YEARS LATER: After 3 plays, couldn't get this to the table ever again. Sigh...
Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account