Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

TOPIC: Axis & Allies: Anniversary Edition

Axis & Allies: Anniversary Edition 02 Sep 2008 10:05 #10895

BGG entry
Post detailing new features

Looks like a bigger, badder version of Axis & Allies is hitting the streets on October 23rd. Over 600 plastic pieces! :woohoo:
Italy is in the game as a standalone nation, and there are two initial setups: 1941 or 1942.

MSRP will be $100, but it's available online for pre-ordering at some places for as low as $70.

I have great childhood memories of A&A, but don't have my own copy. From what I see so far I'm definitely considering getting this. Opinions?
  • JoelCFC25
  • NOW ONLINE
  • D6
  • Thank you received: 159
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Axis & Allies: Anniversary Edition 02 Sep 2008 10:26 #10897

JoelCFC25 wrote:
BGG entry
Post detailing new features

Looks like a bigger, badder version of Axis & Allies is hitting the streets on October 23rd. Over 600 plastic pieces! :woohoo:
Italy is in the game as a standalone nation, and there are two initial setups: 1941 or 1942.

MSRP will be $100, but it's available online for pre-ordering at some places for as low as $70.

I have great childhood memories of A&A, but don't have my own copy. From what I see so far I'm definitely considering getting this. Opinions?

And the US gets to play China as well - with a 48" x 24" board by reports ... bigger than a lot of rooms in a typical tiny British house :S .

Unfortunately I think it is going to be out of the price range of all but the most ardent A&A fans in the UK & Europe with it having an RRP of £60 and online price of £50 (+ postage) - you can get two other A&A games for that price (shit BSG is coming in at £19 and then there's Age of Conan coming soon, and the Brit expansion for M'44).
  • Southernman
  • D10
  • TOTALLY WiReD
  • Thank you received: 623
Konieczkarian
F:ATies 'Spawn of Ameritrash' Worldwide Map: maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&oe...7e41fde832d5ff51&z=2

Re:Axis & Allies: Anniversary Edition 02 Sep 2008 10:47 #10900

This actually looks really good...

but not $70 good. Especially for someone who doesn't own Tide of Iron yet.
  • Stonecutter
  • D6
  • Thank you received: 301

Re:Axis & Allies: Anniversary Edition 02 Sep 2008 11:03 #10904

I guess Hasbro is blowing it again.

Newcomers won't drop $70 on an Axis&Allies game, when cheaper editions are still available, and I guess only the most die hard A&A veterans fans will buy onto this one. I guess every other A&A player has already moved onto other games.
  • Schweig!
  • D10
  • Thank you received: 757

Re:Axis & Allies: Anniversary Edition 02 Sep 2008 15:34 #10910

The board sure looks nice.

I hope they updated the technology research system.
  • Aarontu
  • D8
  • Thank you received: 100
Last Edit: 02 Sep 2008 15:35 by Aarontu.

Re:Axis & Allies: Anniversary Edition 02 Sep 2008 17:51 #10916

It's a bit pricey. I'll probably hold off on this one. Besides, whenever I get a bunch of people together hungry for conquest, that's when Twilight Imperium comes out of the closet.
Time to create page: 0.268 seconds