October 09, 2023
2454 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2654 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

Ice Pirates Arms Trade -- RESULTS POSTED on Page 1

More
15 Feb 2013 13:10 #144283 by Ska_baron

Death and Taxis wrote:

jeb wrote: Tough to equal the last trade, but Percy did his best despite how shitty Death and Taxis is. (Note: if he died or something, then he is not shitty.)

I have apologised to Jeb by pm, but sorry to everyone else as well.

I'm still very much alive, but my better half nearly wasn't. My 36-year old fit and healthy wife collapsed and was hospitalised after suffering a brain hemorrhage, no precursors, no warnings. Things are only just starting to slow down for me now and I only just remembered the arms trade earlier today. After surgery, the long-term prognosis is good, but it's going to be a slow rehabilitation over the coming weeks and months. In fact, the neurosurgeon said it will be two years before she gets back to 100%.

I wish all my fellow Fatties good health and I will hopefully be back online again in a few weeks.

No worries, man - let's hope that missing the arms trade is the worst that comes of all this.

Wishing your wife good health!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Feb 2013 16:22 #144320 by metalface13

Death and Taxis wrote:

jeb wrote: Tough to equal the last trade, but Percy did his best despite how shitty Death and Taxis is. (Note: if he died or something, then he is not shitty.)

I have apologised to Jeb by pm, but sorry to everyone else as well.

I'm still very much alive, but my better half nearly wasn't. My 36-year old fit and healthy wife collapsed and was hospitalised after suffering a brain hemorrhage, no precursors, no warnings. Things are only just starting to slow down for me now and I only just remembered the arms trade earlier today. After surgery, the long-term prognosis is good, but it's going to be a slow rehabilitation over the coming weeks and months. In fact, the neurosurgeon said it will be two years before she gets back to 100%.

I wish all my fellow Fatties good health and I will hopefully be back online again in a few weeks.

Sorry to hear the news. Glad to hear the prognosis is good. Hoping for a good recovery for your missus.

More
15 Feb 2013 16:28 #144325 by Michael Barnes
Love and patience, brother. Hang in there.

More
15 Feb 2013 17:13 - 15 Feb 2013 17:41 #144331 by SuperflyPete
Damn! Prayers heading your way, DAT. That's some heavy shit, and I hope she gets through it and comes back 100% ASAP.

EDIT: Forgot to mention: All my stuff just got handed to the mail lady, so all of you whom I PM'ed, your stuff should be there between Tuesday or Wednesday.
Last edit: 15 Feb 2013 17:41 by SuperflyPete.

More
22 Feb 2013 17:36 #144929 by jeb
So I don't seem totally callous, I too apologized to Death & Taxis; and wish nothing but health and happiness to him and his. R'fuah sh'lemach.

I took forever to send things out because reasons. Anyway, everything got sent yesterday, and despite one of them items going for $25, I am not charging anyone because the total cost was just over $60, or $15 per item, which I was willing to spend.

I got CHAOSTLE in, and sweet lord is that game huge! Volumetrically, it may beat the FFG Coffin Boxes. I will do the math and let you know, enormous. I actually had no idea it was this big. I have traded one storage problem (WoW) for another. My son is hypnotized though. I hope it's actually fun, though in actuality, this may not matter.

More
22 Feb 2013 18:09 #144931 by san il defanso
I recently got Chaostle in a local trade. It's like getting a shipping palette in a trade.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
22 Feb 2013 18:24 #144932 by Dr. Mabuse
I just saw the previous posts and wanted to add: speedy recovery to your wife Death & Taxis.

More
22 Feb 2013 18:36 #144933 by san il defanso
Didn't see your post, D&T. Thoughts and prayers with you.

Hang in there.

More
22 Feb 2013 20:03 #144962 by Sagrilarus
I'd like to thank Dave and the rest of the U.S. Postal Service for delivering my copy of Pandemic in spite of Ochobee's large biohazard sticker indicating that it had been scanned and irradiated to prevent the spread of Space Herpes.

S.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuperflyPete

More
22 Feb 2013 20:27 #144973 by metalface13
I apologize I haven't shipped my stuff out yet, I'll get them out tomorrow. But in all fairness, I haven't received my items yet.

More
22 Feb 2013 20:33 #144977 by SuperflyPete
All my peeps got their goods, and I've gotten everything but Bull Nakano's stuff, which he contacted me to say he'd be shipping posthaste.

All in all, this is another reason F:AT rocks. No dirtbags.

More
22 Feb 2013 20:48 #144991 by jeb

Sagrilarus wrote: I'd like to thank Dave and the rest of the U.S. Postal Service for delivering my copy of Pandemic in spite of Ochobee's large biohazard sticker indicating that it had been scanned and irradiated to prevent the spread of Space Herpes.

The UPS guy took mine. Apparently he has a collection.

More
22 Feb 2013 21:20 #145023 by QPCloudy

SuperflyTNT wrote: All my peeps got their goods, and I've gotten everything but Bull Nakano's stuff, which he contacted me to say he'd be shipping posthaste.

Yep, Bull said he'd be shipping today.

More
22 Feb 2013 21:30 #145029 by Bull Nakano

QPCloudy wrote:

SuperflyTNT wrote: All my peeps got their goods, and I've gotten everything but Bull Nakano's stuff, which he contacted me to say he'd be shipping posthaste.

Yep, Bull said he'd be shipping today.

Everything got out today, if I had a trade with you on BGG I gave you delivery info, Pete and Cloudy you're both due monday and owe nothing (Cloudy was the only package to break the $12 threshold, but only by a dollar! Not bad for a coffin full of plastic. a&a shipped for $11!)

More
22 Feb 2013 21:31 #145030 by SuperflyPete
It's lucky, too, because the guy still owes me like 20 bucks from shipping him Drizzt a year ago!

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds