October 09, 2023
2488 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2688 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

A request for our intrepid gaming reporters.

More
16 Dec 2008 06:18 #15393 by dan daly
The next time one of the F:AT bigwhigs does an interview with someone from Fantasy Flight, please ask them what the heck is going on with Reins of Power. I've been interested in that since I first heard about it and it always seems to be "just around the corner". If FFG can really pull off a game that is Supremacy with better production values and rules that actually work, I'd be very eager to buy it, and I'd be very interested in hearing anything they care to share with us about what this game is like.

That is all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Dec 2008 09:30 #15396 by Michael Barnes
It's probably my most anticipated game of 2009. It's time for something of TI3 caliber from the House of Petersen. When we get a little more information/firmer release dates or whatever, I'll see if I can get somebody to squawk.

More
16 Dec 2008 10:16 #15400 by Shellhead
A few years back, I heard from FFG employees that Supremacy was one of Christian Peterson's all-time favorite games. He tried hard to get the rights to do a new version of the game, but the original designer has been uncooperative. So I expect Reins of Power to be FFG's take on Supremacy... a different game, but one inspired by Supremacy. I've never played Supremacy, but I've heard that it's flawed, so FFG should be able to publish a better game by addressing those flaws and adding in a few new mechanics.

More
16 Dec 2008 14:40 #15412 by VonTush
Also, any info that can be dug up on what is happening with the Silver Line games would be nice as well. When the new site launched many just vanished and some have been banished to the "Classic Silver Line Games" portion of the store and don't appear anywhere else. If they are just getting a facelift and going into the small/slim boxes great or if some are just getting the axe perhaps it's time for me to pull the trigger on a few I've been keeping an eye on.

More
16 Dec 2008 14:55 #15413 by ChristopherMD
You're all missing the one question that's actually important. When is the next DOOM expansion being released?

More
16 Dec 2008 17:32 #15430 by Mr Skeletor
RIP isn't coming out next year. Bet your mom's house on it.
FFGs next coffin box game is middle earth quest. They wont release 2 in one year, especially now with th price increase.

More
16 Dec 2008 20:27 #15434 by Lagduf
I had no idea Middle Earth Quest was going to be a big box/coffin game.

If thats the case i'm very much intrigued.

More
16 Dec 2008 20:50 #15435 by bfkiller
Mad Dog wrote:

You're all missing the one question that's actually important. When is the next DOOM expansion being released?

I emailed them about that last year. Short version of Jeremy's answer: "Never."

More
16 Dec 2008 22:54 #15439 by dan daly
Herr Skeletor, How would one abbreviate Reins Of Power as RIP? ROP seems more appropriate, although if there will be little mushroom clouds then I guess RIP isn't too far off.

More
17 Dec 2008 00:44 #15443 by mikoyan
To say Supremacy is flawed is an understatement. If you play by the standard rules, the person that goes first has a huge advantage because he's able to sell his stuff at pretty good rates and get a few billion. He may not be able to get armies just yet, but he has enough cash to get new places for resources and research nukes and L-stars. If he's smart, he drives the market just low enough that noone else is willing to sell but just high enough that people wont buy. The best thing about Supremacy is the little mushroom clouds...

More
17 Dec 2008 02:18 #15444 by Mr Skeletor
dan daly wrote:

Herr Skeletor, How would one abbreviate Reins Of Power as RIP? ROP seems more appropriate, although if there will be little mushroom clouds then I guess RIP isn't too far off.

Im lying in bed sick as a dog typing on a laptop. RIP it is!

More
17 Dec 2008 10:31 #15460 by Mr. White
I mentioned this on the FFG boards, but it sounds like a little bit of adventure game overkill headed our way...

WoW: the boardgame
WoW: the advenutre game
Runebound
Talisman
Adventures in Middle Earth

That's a lot of adventuring and a lot of development going in to the (no doubt) expansions. It'd be nice to distill all the good ideas into one outstanding adventure game. I hope FFG aren't spreading themselves too thin.

More
17 Dec 2008 11:12 #15465 by Shellhead
Jack, I thought that I read somewhere that FFG was also doing a coffin-sized adventure game for A Game of Thrones. Maybe they decided to hold off to see if Martin would actually finish the rest of the series before he dies.

More
17 Dec 2008 15:56 #15481 by Mr Skeletor
Shellhead wrote:

Jack, I thought that I read somewhere that FFG was also doing a coffin-sized adventure game for A Game of Thrones. Maybe they decided to hold off to see if Martin would actually finish the rest of the series before he dies.

There is a GOT adventure game out next year, but I'm pretty sure it's standard size and not coffin. Could be wrong though...

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.432 seconds