October 09, 2023
2297 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2512 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

A shakeup at Valley Games

More
08 Jan 2009 10:00 #16290 by Shellhead
All cats die.
Socrates is dead.
Therefore Socrates is a cat.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jan 2009 10:06 #16291 by mikoyan
Professor Euro wrote:

Schweig! wrote:

Prof Euro doesn't have a clue. Valley Games printed more eurogames than other stuff, and these games included plenty of cubes made from German Oaks!

Oh, indeed, but they sullied the purity of their output with 20 year old trash designed roleplayers. This is like saying "the United States have done oh so many good things besides fight losing wars against third world countries and engage in Ponzi-esque real estate schemes." It's technically true, but the continuing hemorrhage of money and worldwide goodwill from the latter facts has become a defining factor that supersedes whatever accomplishments your country is supposed to have to its credit.

Titan and Hannibal were an Iraq for Valley Games, and Ameritrash will prove to be a Vietnam for the boardgaming industry.

And you can set your watch and warrant on that.

You Sir, are a fucking moron.

More
08 Jan 2009 10:33 - 08 Jan 2009 10:37 #16292 by Deleted User 1

Oh, indeed, but they sullied the purity of their output with 20 year old trash designed roleplayers

Titan and Hannibal are two of the finest games ever designed and totally trump any 30 minute dumbed down, tile laying, cube pushing, logic puzzles you call games sir!

What you don't get is that the day of the Euro is over. I realize you relish the glory days of when you and your glad handing buddies could sign on to BGG and experience the self-induced euphoria of the Euro. For you it was like discovering a fine wine for the first time, your first bottle of chilled red wine that went down so smooth.

Now you are so shaken that logic itself has been ripped from your mind. Like Spock going through the Pon Far! Just look at your War analogy, a 1st grader could rip that apart.

Rather than be bitter about the fallen Euro, embrace the new order of Ameritrash! Don't linger in the past like your buddies trying to rekindle the glory days of BGG. The war has been fought and you lost sir.

In the end you were responsible for your own undoing. Your snobbish attitude, your elitism over simple, childish puzzle games, exposed a side of you that you could not even bear to face. Like Mr Hyde looking into the mirror, your beard stained with Arby's sauce, and your belly sticking out of a meeple t-shirt.

You lost Prof Euro.
Last edit: 08 Jan 2009 10:37 by Deleted User 1.

More
08 Jan 2009 10:52 #16295 by Professor Euro
the*mad*gamer wrote:

You lost Prof Euro.[/quote]

Oh look, a flight suit and a banner raised high above the carrier's deck. What does this banner say? "Mission Accomplished"? How... quaint.

More
08 Jan 2009 10:54 #16296 by billyz
Replied by billyz on topic Re:A shakeup at Valley Games
Professor Euro wrote:

the*mad*gamer wrote:

You lost Prof Euro.

Oh look, a flight suit and a banner raised high above the carrier's deck. What does this banner say? "Mission Accomplished"? How... quaint.[/quote]

See my previous entry about the stupid pills.

Fucknut.

More
08 Jan 2009 11:03 #16297 by VonTush
the*mad*gamer wrote:

...your beard stained with Arby's sauce...

A little OT here, but what is with all the bashing of Arby's of late?
I happen to enjoy their over-processed beef and seasoned curly fries.

LvT

More
08 Jan 2009 11:11 #16298 by Deleted User 1

Oh look, a flight suit and a banner raised high above the carrier's deck. What does this banner say? "Mission Accomplished"? How... quaint.

(Talking in a Tim Conway German Accent and pacing back and forth interrogating Prof Euro)

Now....tell me Prof Euro...What is your association with BGG? Did you contribute in the last fundraising drive?

Have you shared a Latte with Knizia?

ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More
08 Jan 2009 11:13 - 08 Jan 2009 11:13 #16299 by Professor Euro
billyz wrote:

Professor Euro wrote:

the*mad*gamer wrote:

You lost Prof Euro.

Fucknut.

How like a garbage-head. When confronted by an argument that he doesn't like, or perhaps can't grasp, he resorts to profanity and schoolyard insults.

No, please, go on. A grown man who plays "spacewar" with his dolls is certainly in a position to cast aspersions on another's intelligence. Actually, I'd love to hear from the fellow nattering on about his dead cat again. That certainly added to the discussion.
Last edit: 08 Jan 2009 11:13 by Professor Euro.

More
08 Jan 2009 11:21 #16300 by Deleted User 1

No, please, go on. A grown man who plays "spacewar" with his dolls is certainly in a position to cast aspersions on another's intelligence. Actually, I'd love to hear from the fellow nattering on about his dead cat again. That certainly added to the discussion.

The use of the word "dolls" by Prof Euro tells me that he listens to Scott Nicholson. Nicholson called toy figures dolls.

As a Nicholson listener we know that Prof Euro is a solid, BGG, glad hander, possibly a mole in deep cover.

More
08 Jan 2009 11:27 #16301 by Shellhead
the*mad*gamer wrote:

As a Nicholson listener we know that Prof Euro is a solid, BGG, glad hander, possibly a mole in deep cover.

Perhaps even a Cylon. Actually, I suspect that Professor Euro is Michael Barnes having fun with us.

More
08 Jan 2009 11:43 #16304 by Deleted User 1

Perhaps even a Cylon. Actually, I suspect that Professor Euro is Michael Barnes having fun with us.

I thought about that but Barnes wouldn't watch Nicholson, he is a devoted "Dice Lounge" viewer

More
08 Jan 2009 11:48 - 08 Jan 2009 11:50 #16305 by billyz
Replied by billyz on topic Re:A shakeup at Valley Games
Professor Euro wrote:

billyz wrote:

Professor Euro wrote:

the*mad*gamer wrote:

You lost Prof Euro.

Fucknut.

How like a garbage-head. When confronted by an argument that he doesn't like, or perhaps can't grasp, he resorts to profanity and schoolyard insults.

Okay, in plain terms. You are a fucking idiot because you believe that the use of spurious logic and bad analogies to be the nec plus ultra of rhetorical endeavour. The fact that you do like Euros, and don't like AT, is meaningless to me. I don't care if you think that games featuring hoardes of plastic figurines are the demesne of manchildren.

Once again, I don't care what games you like. I do care that you couldn't formulate a sound argument if I handed one to you. That fellow talking about his cat? Sound argument. You making some weak-ass analogy about--- well anything really--- not.

Here's how sound arguments work: the conclusion has follow from the premises- obviously a foreign concept to your "I'm witty therefore I'm right" method.

As for my use of profanity, I'm only polite to non-idiots-- and even then.

Now go find round room with a corner you can piss in.

P.S: if you ARE Barnes... you need to find work. Like right now.:lol:
Last edit: 08 Jan 2009 11:50 by billyz.

More
08 Jan 2009 12:50 #16307 by jeb
Replied by jeb on topic Re:A shakeup at Valley Games
I love Professor Euro! I would like to subscribe to his newsletter!

We need dissenting voices around here. Being right all the time is so taxing. It's good to see how the other wrong half lives. And by "half" I mean like 95%. So wait, are we caring about Valley Games Hissypalooza '09 or not? I lost track.

More
08 Jan 2009 13:21 #16311 by Shellhead
I don't agree with Professor Euro in general, and I think that his logic is completely spurious this time around, but I do want to see him post here more often.

More
08 Jan 2009 13:26 #16312 by Octavian
the*mad*gamer wrote:

The use of the word "dolls" by Prof Euro tells me that he listens to Scott Nicholson. Nicholson called toy figures dolls.

You and he have the same mustache, Steve....

-MMM

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds