October 09, 2023
2451 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2653 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

Street Masters (beat-em-up minis game) Kickstarter

More
16 May 2017 11:04 #248436 by StrayKnife
Hey all,

Just wanted to swing by and let everyone know that mine and Adam's new Kickstarter will be launching a week from today (on May 23rd). It's co-op minis board game with a beat-em-up + Street Fighter + Dynasty Warriors type feel. Super fun; never had this much fun designing/developing/playtesting a game before. Plus, it's like 82 miniatures for the base pledge...insane deal. Here's the press release:

Blacklist Games Announces Street Masters: Rise of the Kingdom
“1-4 player cooperative miniatures action board game designed by Adam and Brady Sadler.”

Austin, TX - May 12, 2017. Blacklist games proudly announces Street Masters: Rise of the Kingdom, a modular miniatures board game inspired by classic fighting video games and old-school 2D “beat-em-up” arcade games.

Street Masters: Rise of the Kingdom combines the concept of a tactical combat board game with the flexibility of an intricate card game. Acclaimed designers Adam and Brady Sadler (The Walking Dead: No Sanctuary, Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game) have developed a streamlined system that focuses on modularity and action, with fighters, bosses, rivals, allies, and stages forming a “sandbox” for players to mix-and-match, creating their own epic showdowns.

Street Masters: Rise of the Kingdom offers both an action-packed “Arcade Mode” where players completely customize their experience with any combination of fighters, bosses, and stages, as well as a narrative campaign “Story Mode,” where the fighters’ victories, defeats, and choices help unravel the lore of the game. In “Story Mode,” victory means helpful perks, while defeat inflicts dangerous penalties.

“The first thing we wanted to focus on was translating the thrill and excitement of old beat ‘em up video games to a quick-playing tabletop experience,” said Adam and Brady Sadler, designers of Street Masters: Rise of the Kingdom. “We went with card-driven gameplay because it encourages independent decisions among the players and allows for cool thematic abilities that are unique to each fighter. The art and the miniatures are really getting us excited to play the final product! We love the theme, we love the core game system, and we love the modularity and various combinations that can be thrown together. We definitely could not be prouder of this game!”

Street Masters: Rise of the Kingdoms is for 1-4 players, ages 14 and older and takes approximately 30-45 minutes in Arcade Mode, 90 minutes for Story Mode. The game features 65 highly detailed Miniature Figures; 6 Unique Fighter Decks; Several Enemy and Stage decks, 4 Custom Attack Dice; 4 Custom Enemy Dice; Tokens; and 6 Double-Sided map tiles depicting milestone locations of the game. Street Masters: Rise of the Kingdoms is expected to launch its Kickstarter Campaign on May 23rd, 1:30pm CST and will offer great price points and exclusives for backers and retailers worldwide. For more information and to sign up for the Kickstarter launch reminder, you can visit:
bit.ly/streetmasterslaunch

You can also download Press Assets here:
bit.ly/streetmasterspress

About Adam and Brady Sadler
Adam and Brady Sadler are an experienced game design team and have produced games for publishers such as Fantasy Flight Games and Cryptozoic Entertainment. As freelance game designers, the twin brothers have created such notable games as Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game and The Walking Dead: No Sanctuary. Additionally, while full-time at Fantasy Flight Games, the Sadlers also contributed to several best-selling titles, such as Descent: Journeys in the Dark Second Edition, Gears of War, Mansions of Madness, and the X-Wing Miniatures Game.
About Blacklist Games
Blacklist Games is made up of a small group of passionate gamers that initially began as an overseas 3D Modeling and Printing company. With their resources and innovation, their goal is to create exciting new games and also take existing projects and re-introducing them into the market. Street Masters: Rise of the Kingdom their flagship title ​that will distribute worldwide. Visit www.blacklistgamesllc.com for more information on Blacklist Games.

Blacklist Games Austin, TX
www.blacklistgamesllc.com
Twitter: @blacklistgames_
Facebook: facebook.com/blacklistgamesllc

Street Masters: Rise of the Kingdom Board Game Geek:
boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/218421/street-masters-rise-kingdom

Street Masters: Rise of the Kingdom Page:
www.blacklistgamesllc.com/street-masters
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Mabuse, Mr. White

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 May 2017 11:11 - 16 May 2017 11:14 #248437 by Mr. White
Damn!!

Last thing I need is another minis game, but this would pretty much supplant my home brew "Burning Street '88" game using the 'A Fistful of Kung-Fu' ruleset.

Looks great, but got any shots of the minis? Will this use terrain (buildings, dumpsters, oil drums, etc...gotta find turkeys for health in something!)

Didn't know you were in the Austin area. Have you demoed this anywhere around town?
Last edit: 16 May 2017 11:14 by Mr. White.

More
16 May 2017 11:14 #248439 by StrayKnife

Mr. White wrote:
Looks great, but got any shots of the minis? Will this use terrain (buildings, dumpsters, light posts, etc...gotta find turkeys for health in something!)

Didn't know you were in the Austin area. Have you demoed this anywhere around town?

There are some shots of the resin mini production samples (used in our preview kits) on the BGG page:

boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/218421/street-masters-rise-kingdom

I'm actually not based out of Austin, Blacklist Games is. I'm in the Indianapolis area, where driving to GenCon is a breeze :P

More
16 May 2017 11:16 #248440 by Mr. White
Also, I can't believe this, how much for the base game and expansion? Don't see that combo listed.

I live in the Austin area...will I be able to pick up and save on shipping? Favour of the F:ATtie?

More
16 May 2017 11:24 - 16 May 2017 11:25 #248444 by Mr. White
Great mix of genders. My daughter is a huge SFII/Chun-li fan, moreso than my son, so this would actually be the minis game she would want to play. Kudos!
Last edit: 16 May 2017 11:25 by Mr. White.

More
16 May 2017 11:27 #248445 by hotseatgames
Consider me intrigued.

More
16 May 2017 11:35 - 16 May 2017 11:35 #248447 by Mr. White
[Ignore. I reread the OP. Question answered.]
Last edit: 16 May 2017 11:35 by Mr. White.

More
16 May 2017 11:46 #248449 by Michael Barnes
Were you going to ask if the game comes with a free vest and headband? Because I was.

Looks cool Brady! Fun idea.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr. White

More
16 May 2017 11:48 - 16 May 2017 12:04 #248450 by Mr. White
Can I guess the character inspirations?

Kyoryu - easy. The shotokan bros (Street Fighter)
Megan - Maki (Final Fight 2) maybe Guy (Final Fight)
Ying Hua - Chun li (SF II)
Gabriel - Sean (SF III) maybe some Alex (SF III)
Brandon - Fei Long (SSF II) with a little of Remy's (SF III) looks though
Natalia - Cammy (SSFII)

Are those the core 6?

The 4 expansion heroes look to be from non-Capcom titles. Mortal Kombat, King of Fighters, (but Akuma) and such.

Is there a not-Mike Haggar or not- Zangief? The game needs a 'brick'. Also, maybe a Blanka/Dhalsim-like freak.

EDIT: I see the bricks and freaks are in the villain factions. You've got it all covered, but why are you not checking this thread every five minutes dropping more details? ;)
Last edit: 16 May 2017 12:04 by Mr. White.

More
16 May 2017 12:10 #248454 by StrayKnife

Mr. White wrote: Can I guess the character inspirations?

Kyoryu - easy. The shotokan bros (Street Fighter)
Megan - Maki (Final Fight 2) maybe Guy (Final Fight)
Ying Hua - Chun li (SF II)
Gabriel - Sean (SF III) maybe some Alex (SF III)
Brandon - Fei Long (SSF II) with a little of Remy's (SF III) looks though
Natalia - Cammy (SSFII)

Are those the core 6?

The 4 expansion heroes look to be from non-Capcom titles. Mortal Kombat, King of Fighters, (but Akuma) and such.

Is there a not-Mike Haggar or not- Zangief? The game needs a 'brick'. Also, maybe a Blanka/Dhalsim-like freak.

EDIT: I see the bricks and freaks are in the villain factions. You've got it all covered, but why are you not checking this thread every five minutes dropping more details? ;)

Haha, trying to stay on top of it all, but scrambling today to stay abreast of the press release stuff. Launching in a week and my head is spinning.

You got the idea with the core 6 (yes, those are the core set fighters).

As far as additional fighters/villains, there are a METRIC TON in the stretch goals. All the way up to like $600K. I'm super excited to show them. Especially some of the other boxed surprises...

More
16 May 2017 12:14 #248456 by Mr. White
The "Legend of Oni" says Kickstarter exclusive. Does that mean it won't hit retail?

This may be the first Kickstarter I've ever gone 'all in' on.

I'm not sure how I feel about this....

More
16 May 2017 12:14 #248457 by StrayKnife
Oh, and the Legend of the Oni expansion is a villain faction. Those guys are all minions and the big Oni dude is their boss.

Each enemy faction has a Boss that the fighters have to defeat to win. The Bosses move around the board and try to complete objectives spit out by the Stage deck.

There are some good video overviews here: www.youtube.com/channel/UCGT7Wwf6KiSH09AW1otRyKg

Also today around 2pm EST Man Vs. Meeple is dropping their interview/preview video we did with them.

More
16 May 2017 12:15 #248459 by StrayKnife

Mr. White wrote: The "Legend of Oni" says Kickstarter exclusive. Does that mean it won't hit retail?

This may be the first Kickstarter I've ever gone 'all in' on.

I'm not sure how I feel about this....

I'm verifying this. I wasn't aware it was going to be Exclusive, I knew Mr. Apple was, but wasn't aware of the expansion. But with the number of expansions planned, I could see this one being exclusive (it's uniqe being fully dedicated to an enemy faction)

More
16 May 2017 12:25 - 16 May 2017 12:30 #248461 by Mr. White
Did you guys also make that 'Martial Arts' card game? Is it set in the same universe?
Last edit: 16 May 2017 12:30 by Mr. White.

More
16 May 2017 12:28 #248462 by StrayKnife

Mr. White wrote: Did you guys also make that 'Martial Arts' card game? Is it set in the same universe?

We did not design that one. Blacklist Games had that one before approaching us for Street Masters. I believe it was designed internally. And from my understanding, it's not the same universe. Unless it borrows elements that I am unaware of.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuperflyPete

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds