October 09, 2023
2218 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2438 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

Dungeon Degenerates

More
10 Apr 2018 19:34 - 10 Apr 2018 19:35 #267248 by iguanaDitty
Base game or base game + Character Pack Bundle ($40 extra!)? There's also some world books that have 4 extra missions! in them that I will almost certainly skip. Likely going just the base game unless someone pipes up that against all odds the $40 extra is really really worth it.

Or nothing at all of course is always the option. This sure sounds like a unique fun romp though.
Last edit: 10 Apr 2018 19:35 by iguanaDitty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Apr 2018 20:02 #267251 by Michael Barnes
Replied by Michael Barnes on topic Dungeon Degenerates
The character pack is expensive...but they are really cool and some of the best ones. This is a game where characters add almost as much variety as scenarios do. I don’t have the world books, but I’ll eventually get them. Note that not all of them have scenarios!

If you are thinking about what you should buy in terms of what will vanish and never be seen again, definitely get the character pack.
The following user(s) said Thank You: southernman, iguanaDitty, Gary Sax, Frohike

More
10 Apr 2018 21:07 #267255 by Frohike
Replied by Frohike on topic Dungeon Degenerates
After my Dungeon Degenerates binge, I cracked open my KS copy of Darkest Night yesterday. I'm having a really hard time sitting through the rules. Everything about this just feels like a more rigid DD with all of the evocativeness polished out in a gauzy layer of grimdark fantasy cliche. Considering what I paid for it, I consider DD with the character pack to be a better deal. But maybe I'm just homesick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iguanaDitty, Gary Sax, charlest

More
12 Apr 2018 09:57 #267364 by Stonecutter
Replied by Stonecutter on topic Dungeon Degenerates
This game looks like the exact aesthetic inverse of Cave Evil and I'm here for it.

More
15 Jun 2018 11:56 #275455 by Josh Look
Replied by Josh Look on topic Dungeon Degenerates
Just got an email saying a reprint is in the works.

More
15 Jun 2018 12:09 #275457 by charlest
Replied by charlest on topic Dungeon Degenerates
After playing this some more, I'm lamenting not having the Character Pack. I think the biggest benefit is an increased pool of skills. My Alchemist feels especially underserved in the base game as I have very few options to choose from in the campaign.

More
15 Jun 2018 12:28 #275459 by Frohike
Replied by Frohike on topic Dungeon Degenerates
This is one of the few games that made me go absolutely bananas in the acquisition department, which I'm fine with since what's being acquired is getting played... and played and played (and read). Yes, the character packs (there are two of them now, Charlie!) are totally worth it. I'm just waiting to see if the two exclusive characters will resurface in the new campaign.

More
15 Jun 2018 14:25 #275470 by charlest
Replied by charlest on topic Dungeon Degenerates

Frohike wrote: This is one of the few games that made me go absolutely bananas in the acquisition department, which I'm fine with since what's being acquired is getting played... and played and played (and read). Yes, the character packs (there are two of them now, Charlie!) are totally worth it. I'm just waiting to see if the two exclusive characters will resurface in the new campaign.

Yeah, the new one has eight characters I think? The first four. I was hoping for some kind of bundle with a new expansion in the upcoming Kickstarter.

More
15 Jun 2018 15:14 #275475 by Space Ghost
Replied by Space Ghost on topic Dungeon Degenerates
I'm pretty sure that the Butcher and Angel of Death are not going to resurface in the new campaign. I think that they meant exclusive as in only in the 1st kickstarter. I can respect that if they are going to stick to what they said (even though I would love to have those characters).

More
16 Jun 2018 18:56 - 16 Jun 2018 18:57 #275561 by Gary Sax
Replied by Gary Sax on topic Dungeon Degenerates
Yeah, so I've been thinking about this game and putting it on my birthday wishlist or whatever... so the two $40 packs are the big character packs? It sounds like from what you guys are saying that the characters play distinctively enough to make those worth it?

I should probably wait for the kickstarter but this will be informative anyway.

edit: I'm also not quite understanding where all the missions and scenarios are. World books? Elsewhere? Confusing product line tbh.
Last edit: 16 Jun 2018 18:57 by Gary Sax.

More
16 Jun 2018 19:15 #275566 by ubarose
Replied by ubarose on topic Dungeon Degenerates
So we just agreed to starting a Dugeon Degenerates campaign. I’m really psyched for it. I’ve only played once last autumn and really liked it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike

More
16 Jun 2018 19:27 #275567 by ChristopherMD
Replied by ChristopherMD on topic Dungeon Degenerates

Gary Sax wrote: edit: I'm also not quite understanding where all the missions and scenarios are. World books? Elsewhere? Confusing product line tbh.

The books are just describing the world in greater detail. A couple of them have more missions but you'll get plenty in the base game.

I haven't played enough to comment on how worthwhile the character packs are. Again the base game has a bunch of characters already.

More
22 Nov 2018 01:01 #286670 by Ah_Pook
Replied by Ah_Pook on topic Dungeon Degenerates
40% off Black Friday sale at the Goblinko mail order site, Dungeon Degenerates plus expansions for pretty good prices if you want em. Use coupon code GRAVY.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NeonPeon, Gary Sax

More
22 Nov 2018 14:15 #286699 by southernman
Replied by southernman on topic Dungeon Degenerates
Now just need a UK distribution centre to avoid the international shipping and customs ...

More
24 Nov 2018 10:36 #286751 by Shellhead
Replied by Shellhead on topic Dungeon Degenerates
This thread just gave me a flashback to 2017.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.323 seconds