October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2509 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

And now for something you'll really like....

More
21 Nov 2018 11:12 #286618 by SuperflyPete

Important Update
Posted by Prettiest Princess Games (Creator)

Short version:

The digital proof is on my desk right now.

I wanted to wait to update until the actual full production run was through customs and getting shipped out to backers, but with PAX Unplugged next week we decided we want to show off what we’ve got at the booth so we’re sharing a bit early.

There are some final details we need to fix with the factory, but they have our money and things are moving forward.

If you’re at PAX Unplugged come by booth 2533 and you can play what is mostly a final production version of the game.

Longer version:

Ask me.

It’s been a long time nightmare getting this thing done but I can actually see the light at the end of the tunnel. A new publishing company I’m part of, killjoy, will be the actual publisher of record now and someone that’s not me is handling all the project management and logistics. I just gave us the money and the mostly done files and now it’s largely out of my hands other than the occasional approval of something on the creative side.

I’m not going to make any sort of estimate as to when you’ll actually get your copy of the game, but as I’ve continued to say, it’s going to happen.

Another important note is that after revisiting a conversation from very early in the design process, we’ve decided to give Trish full codesigner credit as she did a ton of work in shaping the game into what it eventually became. (Adding her name to the front of the box is one of the slight changes we need to make to the files.)

So yeah, it looks pretty dope and is physically a real thing now.

As always, I’m happy to talk about whatever about it, even if you just want to tell me how disappointing I am. Thanks so much for sticking with me through all this.

-Matt

This was just in my inbox. Glamazons is going to be not only made, but delivered. This is awesome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Nov 2018 11:23 #286619 by Vysetron
Not to dampen your enthusiasm but I'll believe it when I see it. Many KS horror stories have gotten this far and still been, y'know, horror stories.

More
21 Nov 2018 11:55 #286620 by repoman
To hell with Glamazons and the whole half assed shit show it's been. Loter, at best, took advantage of his friends and supporters by misusing the money he received from the backers of the game. so now he's got some 3rd party covering his ass and STILL has no estimated delivery date?

Yah, pretty awesome.

Guy is a real hero.
The following user(s) said Thank You: southernman, Gary Sax, BillyBobThwarton, Vysetron

More
21 Nov 2018 12:40 #286626 by Vysetron
On the above subject, can someone explain to me this guy's persistent popularity? As an outsider he looks like a total fraud and kind of a dick, yet so many people in the industry love him regardless. Some of them I know for a fact would condemn people for far less than he's done, yet his reputation remains largely positive. What's the deal? Is he just the most charismatic man on earth?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries

More
21 Nov 2018 13:04 #286629 by Gary Sax
^fwiw, for context, this is a tough subject for this website as he's a friend of some of the site's founders. I know nothing about him myself.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Msample, Vysetron

More
21 Nov 2018 13:41 #286631 by southernman

Vysetron wrote: On the above subject, can someone explain to me this guy's persistent popularity? As an outsider he looks like a total fraud and kind of a dick, yet so many people in the industry love him regardless. Some of them I know for a fact would condemn people for far less than he's done, yet his reputation remains largely positive. What's the deal? Is he just the most charismatic man on earth?

It's a close friend, semi-family thing (at a small website) - even if a family member of yours becomes a criminal unless they're a psychopath or murderous paedo you'll stick by them even if you lose friends.
I seem to be acquaintances with people at the site who have had differing experiences with him so I understand the angst and confusion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vysetron

More
21 Nov 2018 13:44 - 21 Nov 2018 13:48 #286632 by ubarose

Vysetron wrote: On the above subject, can someone explain to me this guy's persistent popularity? As an outsider he looks like a total fraud and kind of a dick, yet so many people in the industry love him regardless. Some of them I know for a fact would condemn people for far less than he's done, yet his reputation remains largely positive. What's the deal? Is he just the most charismatic man on earth?

He's an incredibly nice guy with a really big heart and a passionate nature.

6 years ago he lost his job, and was flat broke and decided to become a game designer/publisher. Glamazons was his first attempt. He got like 300 backers, pretty much all of which were friends and family most of whom would have just given him money had he asked. He severely underestimated what the game would actually cost to produce, in part due to inexperience, and in part because after the Kickstarter funded the person who was going to do the artwork for a cut of the profits realized how little money he would get and asked for a flat fee which amounted to more than the total amount raised. Matt decided not to give up and try to get a different artist and try to figure out a way to get the game made, even though he really didn't have enough money to make it happen.

In the meantime, he let backers know that they could cancel their pledge and he would refund their money. He did have a few people do this and he did refund their money. Others decided to just let it ride, no hard feelings. A very few decided not to request their $25 back, and instead consider it payment for the right to bad mouth the guy and call him a fraud and a criminal.
Last edit: 21 Nov 2018 13:48 by ubarose.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jay718, engineer Al, Vysetron

More
21 Nov 2018 13:50 #286633 by Vysetron
Gooootcha. That makes a lot more sense. Thanks.

My last point of confusion would be why he's produced so many other games in the interim without driving harder towards finishing this one, but I suspect there's only one person who knows that.

More
21 Nov 2018 14:08 #286634 by ubarose

Vysetron wrote: Gooootcha. That makes a lot more sense. Thanks.

My last point of confusion would be why he's produced so many other games in the interim without driving harder towards finishing this one, but I suspect there's only one person who knows that.

He's produced those in partnership with other people/publishers. I suspect "A new publishing company I’m part of, killjoy, will be the actual publisher of record" means he finally found a partner to produce Glamazons with the goal of making up their losses and hopefully turning a profit by printing more than the number Kickstarted and distributing to retail.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vysetron

More
21 Nov 2018 14:58 - 21 Nov 2018 14:59 #286637 by hotseatgames
The change of artist is a real tragedy. The original art was AWESOME.
Last edit: 21 Nov 2018 14:59 by hotseatgames.

More
21 Nov 2018 15:28 #286638 by SuperflyPete
All i know is I’m glad I’m finally going to get this someday.

More
22 Nov 2018 00:49 #286669 by cdennett
The real question is will I ever get my t-shirt...

But yeah, the change in art is a real bummer, but it was clear that was never going to work.

More
23 Nov 2018 01:24 #286711 by Cranberries
I think he also punched a nazi once.

More
28 Dec 2019 15:36 #305594 by Ancient_of_MuMu
And now it is actually happening and physical copies exist. I am in real WTF territory as I never thought I would see a copy of this game

More
28 Dec 2019 17:41 - 28 Dec 2019 17:43 #305599 by hotseatgames
It's true! I saw and touched it with my own eyes at PAXU. Just filled out the Backerkit for my very own copy as well.

That same weekend I hung out with Loter at PAXU, my credit card number was stolen. COINCIDENCE?????
Last edit: 28 Dec 2019 17:43 by hotseatgames.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds