October 09, 2023
2493 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2696 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

Secret Satan 2018 - Gifts Received Thread

More
21 Dec 2018 15:04 #288616 by WadeMonnig
Satan dropped by and blew up my satellite modem, eta on replacement is Dec 24th, of course.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Dec 2018 15:12 #288618 by the_jake_1973
Satan blew up my shitter when he dropped by. I'm having septic work done right now.

More
28 Dec 2018 02:12 #288772 by Secret Satan
Rliyen. It could be coming. It might not. You won't know until it hits you.

You may not like it when it does.

More
28 Dec 2018 15:23 - 28 Dec 2018 18:05 #288806 by Grudunza
Satan's bountiful gifts included some strange games I'd never heard of, an old favorite (SOTM) that I'll enjoy getting back to the table, a nice double-feature DVD set. And a game that was probably included as a gag (Affectionate Cats & Cuddles), but which will almost certainly see play, as my gf will no doubt go gaga over it. Thank you, Satan Claws!

Attachments:
Last edit: 28 Dec 2018 18:05 by Grudunza.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jur

More
28 Dec 2018 17:37 #288817 by WadeMonnig

Grudunza wrote: Satan's bountiful gifts included some strange games I'd never heard of, an old favorite (SOTM) that I'll enjoy getting back to the table, a nice double-feature DVD set. and a game that was probably included as a gag (Affectionate Cats & Cuddles), but which will almost certainly see play, as my gf will no doubt go gaga over it. Thank you, Satan Claws!

Satan is lazy, he should have included a note that went something like "Behold the glory of the Promo's for Kemet! So, if you don't have the game you prolly need it now...and one of the promos references the Ta-Seti expansion, so you probably need that too mwhahahahah." "The double feature DVD, since you are obviously a movie fan from all of your posts about them, includes what is arguably the best opening ten minutes of any movie (Desperado) and the best movie every produced for the price of a car (El Marachi)." "SOTM includes special custom made counters for the heroes which, of course, a free app does a better job of managing all of that" "Affectionate Cats and Cuddles is proof that Satan does indeed own Kickstarter. Behold the most unfriendly family friendly game ever with take that mixed with boredom! And, also included, is the worst tacked on kickstarter expansion that uses words like "Worker Placement" and "Dice Selection" in the worst possible way" You can also read about the Majesty of Lost Legacy and Rumpelstiltskin in an episode of Discount Dive.  Crisis Tokyo is every Japanese Fantasy element merged into one game. Ever wanted the Power Rangers to take on Godzilla...it's all here with just enough name changes to avoid getting sued. 

More
28 Dec 2018 18:03 #288823 by Grudunza
Ha. Shoot. So I need to prevent the gf from even knowing about Cats & Cuddles. I was going to give it a shot. I really like the little wooden heart tokens in there, which I’m using for a prototype. 

Kemet is an all-time fave of mine, but I did sell it a couple years ago because sadly, my local game group just doesn’t dig those kind of confrontational games. But I think I know someone who has it, including Ta-Seti, so that should get used.

Loved El Mariachi, but haven’t seen Desperado, so looking forward to that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jur, Secret Satan, WadeMonnig

More
28 Dec 2018 19:10 #288828 by WadeMonnig
Oh no, you NEED to play affectionate, If just to confirm the existence of Satan. It takes 2 minutes to explain and roughly that to get bored of it. Please let me know how it goes, Satan has plans for those in eternal torment that involve this game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jur, Grudunza

More
29 Dec 2018 21:17 - 29 Dec 2018 21:48 #288863 by Da Bid Dabid
For this believer, Secret Satan 2018 was full of ups, downs, and uncertainty. Resigned to sitting on the side and watching the fun (also I never got a target... so if I was supposed to please alert me so that can be rectified), however many cryptic messages arrived and without warning, I received a phone call.

"SOMETHING.... came for you".

How could it be, I moved out of that address after the horrors of last year... yet a new package arrived and found a messenger to bring it to me.

"Should I bring it over?"

No way I was gonna soil my new house with Satan's influence. "Bring it to mom's house".

The package in all its glory.

Hmmmm who is this... is something up Old Scratch's sleeve?

My son rushes for the package taking me by surprise! My brother, the package deliverer, is clearly is enthralled by the proceedings.

The package contents spilling out, a note is attached! Damn you! Reading Required!

Alas Satan has forsaken me indeed! Luckily his minions vying ever for more power has taken up his mantle. Infernal Jeopardy... well played Mr. Demon sir.

The game is ready to be played. Category and value please...

Shelf Toads! My daughter yells out from across the room. For $800 it is.

The opening begins...

And ends with a demonic (non-photograhpable) copy of Ars Victor!

I am chosen to choose the next category. Mindtrap! I played it all the time when I was in high school. I actually think I still have a copy somewhere. Cool!

At this point, the whole family screws the categories and people rush for the items. An orgy of opening packages ensues.

The end result was a whole lot of Mindtrap (lol), Ars, Wyatt Earp card game, and a copy of 5 Crowns card game. Everything but Ars was boxless per the jeopardy category.

We had a ton of fun, but my son was devastated it was over.

One good way to cheer him up. Chaos and battles.

https://imgur.com/tqB4vKv
https://imgur.com/ZiMvAVm

So thanks for nothing Mr. Satan, but thank you for saving the day Mr. Szizle! We had a blast.

I will wait to make sure I haven't stiffed anyone and that my target wasn't lost in the confusion. If that is the case and I just didn't have a target... I will be making a donation in the name of SS to the Fort (I know, I know the TWBG site).

Looking forward to next year... all these goodies I've saved get to carry over.

Happy Holidays!

Edit: Anyone know how to link those soundless videos... I think they are basically .gifs...
Last edit: 29 Dec 2018 21:48 by Da Bid Dabid.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jur, allismom3, Dr. Mabuse, Black Barney, Secret Satan, WadeMonnig

More
30 Dec 2018 10:39 #288874 by GorillaGrody
Satan was cruel. After spending the last few months sorting through my games, selling stuff off, saying goodbye to some old gems in order to make room for my cross-country move, I was greeted by not one, but two boxes.

Exciting. Then I opened them and found...stuff inside.

Lots of expansions to games I don’t own.

And a couple of things I’ve been curious about!

Worse still, everything was covered in a gritty, Mephitic ash. It took a while to clean.

The horror!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jur, Rliyen, allismom3

More
30 Dec 2018 11:11 #288879 by Grudunza
I believe that is the devil’s spew. You were supposed to lick it off in gratitude.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matt Thrower, jur

More
31 Dec 2018 01:40 #288916 by Secret Satan
GG - make sure you look inside the expansion boxes (Catan in particular, I believe)
The following user(s) said Thank You: jur, Gary Sax

More
31 Dec 2018 11:20 #288943 by GorillaGrody

Secret Satan wrote: GG - make sure you look inside the expansion boxes (Catan in particular, I believe)

I can’t say this was the first time I was fooled by Satan.

Attachments:

More
31 Dec 2018 12:03 #288947 by Black Barney
I think Da Bid Dabid wins the thread two years in a row. I remember his boy from last year. Love the disinterested brother and your son throwing a tantrum at the end. Brilliant.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jur, Rliyen, allismom3

More
03 Jan 2019 04:58 #289154 by Secret Satan
Rliyen...

Rliyen...

HahahahahahahaHA

More
05 Jan 2019 22:01 #289293 by Secret Satan
It's January 5th, reprobates! So far, only 10 or so souls have acknowledged the bounty Satan has bestowed upon them. Post or be damned!

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.448 seconds