October 09, 2023
2454 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2655 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

What PURCHASES are you RESISTING?

More
14 Apr 2020 12:56 #309244 by ChristopherMD
Imagination is free.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Apr 2020 14:21 #309252 by the_jake_1973

ChristopherMD wrote: Imagination is free.

If only my players preferred liked theater of the mind combat.....

More
14 Apr 2020 14:53 #309255 by ubarose

mezike wrote: TWBG bake-off: I have Coeliac disease so my biscuit choices are limited. 200g ground almonds + 200g sugar + 2 egg whites + a pinch of baking powder makes some pretty awesome amaretti-style treats, especially if you add a little Amaretto and roll them in flaked almonds before baking. It's also quite a flexible recipe that can take a lot of tweaking before it goes horribly wrong.

What temperature do you bake at and for how long? (I'm allergic to wheat and my daughter just baked an almond cake that I can't eat and I drool a bit every time I pass by it in the kitchen)
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
14 Apr 2020 19:25 #309264 by dysjunct
As an affront to both the coeliacs and the yehudi in the thread, I made whole-wheat bagels with extra leaven today. First time trying bagels and they turned out okay. A little chewier than I like.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, jeb, mezike

More
14 Apr 2020 21:53 #309268 by bendgar
This thread is not telling me what I should be buying anymore!

I just ate a handful of triscuits.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, Sagrilarus, jpat, mezike

More
15 Apr 2020 13:58 #309276 by mezike

ubarose wrote:
What temperature do you bake at and for how long? (I'm allergic to wheat and my daughter just baked an almond cake that I can't eat and I drool a bit every time I pass by it in the kitchen)

I usually chuck them in at 180 Celsius, they don’t take more than ten or so minutes so I just watch them until they go golden brown.

Another thing I’ve started to do recently with pancakes/fritters/etc is to soak a handful of oats, drain, blend and add to the mix. It helps keep the end product moist; gluten free baking often dries out and goes inedible quickly but with this method the texture stays soft for a couple of days. Also better if you soak in something interesting like apple juice to add flavour.

I feel obliged to add something about games to stay vaguely on topic - as tempted as I am by the Pax KS I know three people who bought the new Pamir who have collectively played exactly four times, and then they moved into transhumanity and emancipation which got played precisely zero times. So as much as I love Porfiriana and Pamir I think I’m going to resist any more Pax games in general, they seem to be too much of a tough sell to get played.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shellhead, Gary Sax, Msample

More
16 Apr 2020 10:25 #309292 by Msample
Groceries. My last trip to the grocery store was 24 days ago other than a small bag I got from a farm stand this past weekend. Figured it was as good a time as any to clean out the pantry, I scrubbed down my fridge yesterday since its almost empty. I found a 11 year old box of a taco kit - the tortillas were solid discs but the seasoning and sauce were still fine, LOL. I think I can get thru the weekend ......might need to get a little creative but it feels good to basically start from scratch in terms of food, maybe try to eat a bit healthier.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BillyBobThwarton

More
16 Apr 2020 11:58 #309293 by bendgar
After eating an 11 year old taco, the only direction is up. Lol.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BillyBobThwarton

More
16 Apr 2020 12:03 #309295 by Msample
I tossed the tortillas and just used the sauce/seasoning on some chicken, LOL.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bendgar

More
16 Apr 2020 13:16 #309297 by jeb

Legomancer wrote: Buying the Ikoria pre-release bundle for MtG Arena. IT's $50 and includes 50 packs. The money isn't really the problem; I'd spend that easily on boardgames, but there's nothing out there I want to buy now. The thing is, do I want 50 packs of a set I don't know if I'll like yet? That's the issue and what I need to figure out soon.

There must be spoilers. I glanced at mythicspoiler.com/ and if it's this set, it looks like the wordiest set of all time. There's good and bad there. There can be cool interactions, but it can also lead to really complicated board states and a puzzle every turn isn't everyone's cup of tea. Makes me think of Kamigawa from a THOUSAND YEARS AGO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Legomancer

More
16 Apr 2020 20:37 #309331 by Sagrilarus
I have a birthday next week and I've been trying to purchase a game from the local store. But they have none of what I've asked for in stock. It's become a little frustrating. They're frikkin' huge, but I keep striking out. It's hard when you can't browse.

I suppose this isn't the right thread for this.

More
17 Apr 2020 01:13 #309337 by Not Sure

Sagrilarus wrote: I have a birthday next week and I've been trying to purchase a game from the local store. But they have none of what I've asked for in stock. It's become a little frustrating. They're frikkin' huge, but I keep striking out. It's hard when you can't browse.

Common mistake. You want "What PURCHASES are RESISTING YOU?", two threads over.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, allismom3, ChristopherMD, SebastianBludd, Sagrilarus, jpat, Jackwraith, mezike, Frohike, n815e

More
17 Apr 2020 11:10 #309340 by ninorota
Trying not to buy Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey. The game looks very promising and interesting but no one can guarantee that I will not get bored of jumping on trees in the end...

More
17 Apr 2020 15:51 #309352 by ChristopherMD

Not Sure wrote:

Sagrilarus wrote: I have a birthday next week and I've been trying to purchase a game from the local store. But they have none of what I've asked for in stock. It's become a little frustrating. They're frikkin' huge, but I keep striking out. It's hard when you can't browse.

Common mistake. You want "What PURCHASES are RESISTING YOU?", two threads over.

Sorry, that thread is out of stock.
The following user(s) said Thank You: allismom3, jay718, Sagrilarus, jpat, Jackwraith, birdman37, Pugnax555

More
17 Apr 2020 22:04 - 17 Apr 2020 22:05 #309360 by Gary Sax
Still waffling on this Pax: Renaissance reprint. I'll check back in a week.
Last edit: 17 Apr 2020 22:05 by Gary Sax.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds