× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

SDJ 2019

More
20 May 2019 10:26 #297334 by Vysetron
SDJ 2019 was created by Vysetron
Spiel: Just One, LAMA, Werewords

Kennerspiel: Carpe Diem, Detective, Wingspan

Thoughts? Predictions? Opinions? Are we done caring about the seal of marketing?

My money's on Just One and Wingspan taking it. Kudos to Knizia for a rainbow-coated addition to his ludicrous list of achievements but I'll be shocked if a cards and numbers game wins. Kennerspiel-wise...look, I have no idea how they even grade this category at this point.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 May 2019 10:37 - 20 May 2019 10:38 #297335 by charlest
Replied by charlest on topic SDJ 2019
Just One and Werewords are great games. I'd give it to Werewords slightly but Just One is not far behind.

I also think Detective is the best of the Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detectives type games. That third case was one of the best gaming experiences I had last year.
Last edit: 20 May 2019 10:38 by charlest.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vysetron

More
20 May 2019 10:42 #297336 by Vysetron
Replied by Vysetron on topic SDJ 2019
I haven't played Detective so I can't say how it stacks up, but it seems really difficult to rank it against a old-school-ish euro and plain-but-pretty tableau builder. Definitely the most ambitious of the 3 though.

More
20 May 2019 12:31 #297362 by hotseatgames
Replied by hotseatgames on topic SDJ 2019
That award doesn't seem to really concern itself with the kinds of games I like, so I have never paid it any mind.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Msample

More
21 May 2019 12:32 #297417 by Ah_Pook
Replied by Ah_Pook on topic SDJ 2019
I've only played werewords and Carpe Diem. I didn't like werewords much, so I guess I hope Knizia wins there? Carpe Diem is really really good, but I don't see it winning over the Extinction level event hype of Wingspan.

Moderators: Gary SaxFrohike
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds