October 09, 2023
2454 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2657 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

Leder games Oath chatter

More
26 Mar 2021 11:38 #321293 by Gary Sax
Replied by Gary Sax on topic Leder games Oath chatter

Shellhead wrote: Due to the cult following of the Oath fans, I feel like they should have some kind of in-joke nickname, like Oathbreakers or Oafs or something.

You could expand that to the whole Cole Wehrle oeuvre and I am certainly in the pocket for it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sornars

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Mar 2021 11:50 #321294 by Shellhead
Replied by Shellhead on topic Leder games Oath chatter
Cole-tists.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Jackwraith, mezike, Jexik, sornars, Dive-Dive-Dive!

More
27 Mar 2021 12:09 #321311 by sornars
Replied by sornars on topic Leder games Oath chatter
Another solid interview from Cole on Oath:
. Most of it were things he's spoken to before but the most interesting bits were the Oath inspired legacy/chronicle elements that he's working into his next game (which I presume to be Void Lich), and how they'll be more wild because they're reset at the end of the game, unlike Oath which needs those same elements to persist and therefore be a bit more resilient.

I also found his discussion of a game he tried to design based around academics studying history amusing. I guess it makes sense to write what you know :P.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, mezike

More
27 Mar 2021 12:40 #321312 by Gary Sax
I'll check it out, thanks for the link

More
14 May 2021 21:37 - 14 May 2021 21:39 #323152 by Gary Sax
Sornars and I are playing a two player vassal asynch game, the vassal module is solid. Let me know if anyone else wants in for game two. The only big turn interrupter are battle plan decisions, but discord messages make this pretty easy.

I forgot how well the game works independent of the politics. When you're afforded the time of asynch you have a ton of options on how to sequence and combine the powers you pull, and we're just in the base default setup.

Supposedly US shipping notifications are going out! Can't wait to see it in person for some solo.
Last edit: 14 May 2021 21:39 by Gary Sax.

More
17 May 2021 05:08 #323181 by Matt Thrower

Gary Sax wrote: Sornars and I are playing a two player vassal asynch game, the vassal module is solid. Let me know if anyone else wants in for game two. The only big turn interrupter are battle plan decisions, but discord messages make this pretty easy.

Yes please, although being in a different time zone it'll delay the asynch even more

More
17 May 2021 07:05 - 17 May 2021 07:09 #323182 by sornars
I'm in the UK as well and it's been going at a reasonably decent clip between the two of us despite the time zones! My personal preference is if we can do at least a turn every day or two which should lead to a game wrapping up in a week or so.
Last edit: 17 May 2021 07:09 by sornars.

More
17 May 2021 09:20 #323189 by Jackwraith
Replied by Jackwraith on topic Leder games Oath chatter
I'm interested, too, although I've been going in blind to this one, as I haven't read the rules or any of the dev conversation at all, so I'll have to correct that. Is the rules file on BGG the most accurate source or is there a better one on a Leder resource?

More
17 May 2021 09:40 #323193 by sornars
ledergames.com/products/oath-chronicles-of-empire-exile

The main site should have everything you need. My suggestion for learning is to go through the walkthrough (multi-handed if less than four players/solo) just to learn the basic rules and structure of the game. It's far and away the easiest way to grasp the bones of the game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Jackwraith

More
17 May 2021 09:41 #323194 by mezike
Replied by mezike on topic Leder games Oath chatter
I would so love to be involved in this but I don't know if I could make the time commitment (work life balance is pretty wild at the moment). I'm up for a TTS game at some point though.

@Jackwraith the files on BGG are posted by Cole and marked as final printing so you should be good.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jackwraith, sornars

More
17 May 2021 11:23 - 17 May 2021 11:35 #323207 by Gary Sax
Matt (and Jackwraith), you're more than welcome to join! We're wrapping up a 2p game now. At low player counts this thing goes really quickly. We've been exchanging files by discord---I can create a channel for a our game where we can ask each other questions about battleplans, rules etc and exchange files if that sounds good? We should probably update to the latest branch of the VASSAL module even though it's very close to final.

I see you in the Discord sidebar, so I think you're already in my discord. I'm leaving Wednesday to be with my in-laws but most days where we aren't doing anything I'll probably be able to turn around some files reasonably. And I always have access to Discord chat for any battleplan questions, etc.
Last edit: 17 May 2021 11:35 by Gary Sax.

More
17 May 2021 12:05 #323214 by JoelCFC25
Replied by JoelCFC25 on topic Leder games Oath chatter

Gary Sax wrote: Supposedly US shipping notifications are going out! Can't wait to see it in person for some solo.

My email arrived Friday morning and the game itself hit my doorstep that afternoon--a couple hours after I'd skipped town to head up north for the fishing opener, haha. I finally got a chance to crack it open last night after the kids were asleep. It looks dynamite in person.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
17 May 2021 12:13 #323215 by Gary Sax
My game (and a wireless pci card) are absolutely going to be delivered like this at the last second and sit on my porch for a week. Hope it doesn't get stolen.

More
17 May 2021 13:52 #323223 by Gary Sax
sornars tore me apart in the 2p game we just finished. Brutal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Mabuse

More
17 May 2021 15:30 - 18 May 2021 05:01 #323229 by sornars
Dominating as Chancellor in 2p without the bot is pretty straightforward :). If we do 2p again and don't feel like adding in the bot we can always play the variant where we drop a site from each region and a favor from each bank.

Edit: A reread made that sound pretty smug, to clarify 2p is heavily weighted towards the Chancellor if you don't add a bot in to put some pressure on them.
Last edit: 18 May 2021 05:01 by sornars.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.681 seconds