Front Page

Content

Authors

Game Index

Forums

Site Tools

Submissions

About

Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Connect with other board gamers and organize online gaming here.

Gaming on Tabletop Simulator

More
06 Apr 2020 11:12 #308950 by Scott_F
Tabletop Simulator is half off for a bit (one day to go as of now) so I grabbed a copy and tried out a couple games and used discord voicechat. Played 2 games of Chaos in the Old World and Cthulhu Wars with more games scheduled. I highly recommend it. And if you're interested in playing either of those games or something similar let me know, always looking for more people available to play at random times.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Mabuse, Jexik, Frohike, drewcula, WadeMonnig

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Apr 2020 12:16 - 06 Apr 2020 12:17 #308955 by Gary Sax
Yeah, I've been wanting to play some Root via TTS (among other things).
Last edit: 06 Apr 2020 12:17 by Gary Sax.

More
06 Apr 2020 12:31 - 06 Apr 2020 12:39 #308956 by Disgustipater
I’ve played 4 or 5 games of Root on TTS and it’s been pretty fun. I’d definitely be down for a TWBG session.

I’d also be interested in some 2-player games like Sekigahara or Hannibal. Though I haven’t actually played those games before ever, so I’m not sure how good it would be to play my first games virtually.
Last edit: 06 Apr 2020 12:39 by Disgustipater.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
06 Apr 2020 12:57 #308957 by Ah_Pook
I scanned Sanctum and my friend imported into TTS, we've been playing a fair but of that. There's a really good Aeons End that we've been playing also. And just tons of The Crew. We also have been using TTS for DnD, though that is probably on hold since our DM appears to have coronavirus :/

More
06 Apr 2020 13:14 #308959 by RobertB
Bought it the other day, haven't done more than looked at it. Let me know when any of those games are happening. :)

More
06 Apr 2020 13:40 #308962 by Jexik
Replied by Jexik on topic Gaming on Tabletop Simulator
I picked it up this weekend. It was only $10. Got the Root mod too and will try to play it tonight with some local friends. I'd be down for trying with some TWBG peeps sometime soon.

More
06 Apr 2020 14:33 #308970 by Jackwraith
Same. I'd definitely be up for a Root game.

More
06 Apr 2020 14:51 #308975 by Jackwraith
So, as someone utterly unfamiliar with TTS, I just pulled it down through Steam. Do you need to get the various game mods through Steam, because I don't see Root or Cthulhu Wars in their list? I see many other games (Wingspan, Scythe, some TE stuff.)

More
06 Apr 2020 15:00 #308977 by cdennett
Go back to Steam, find Workshops, pull up Tabletop Simulator, then search your games...and you will find almost anything you can think of, all for free. Just add them to your library, then you'll find them in the Workshop tab in game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Jackwraith, Gregarius, WadeMonnig

More
06 Apr 2020 15:02 - 06 Apr 2020 15:04 #308978 by RobertB
From what I've gathered, it's just like if you own a game; whoever is the server for that particular instance of the game has to 'own' it. It could be one of the DLC games, or could be one of the free ones. Then the rest of the players can sign on without being the owner. And now you know as much about it as I do. :)

ETA: I did attempt to join a few games. They fell through for whatever reasons, but I was always at a table set up to play the game. Wingspan had cards, food dice, player mats, etc. And I don't own Wingspan.
Last edit: 06 Apr 2020 15:04 by RobertB.

More
06 Apr 2020 15:10 #308979 by Disgustipater
In Steam Workshop hit the ‘Subscribe’ or ‘+’ button to add it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jackwraith

More
06 Apr 2020 15:22 #308981 by hotseatgames
I'd be down for trying out a game some time. I have had TTS for a long time but never really did much with it.

That will soon change because my latest prototype is getting transformed into a TTS module as we speak by the publisher so I can demo it for them remotely. I do not like the notion of having to do all my playtesting remotely for my latest project, but that may be the world I live in now.

More
06 Apr 2020 15:30 #308984 by WadeMonnig
In case anyone missed it, TTS has Cosmic Frog.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Dr. Mabuse, Scott_F, xthexlo

More
06 Apr 2020 15:39 #308985 by Disgustipater
I talked four of my friends into splitting the 4-pack so now we can do our weekly game night virtually.

WadeMonnig wrote: In case anyone missed it, TTS has Cosmic Frog.

I don’t know anything about it but I grabbed it.

More
06 Apr 2020 15:49 #308987 by Ah_Pook
If anyone is up for a game of Sanctum or The Crew this evening shoot me a message :) 3-4 would be ideal, though Sanctum works well 2p also.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds