October 09, 2023
2217 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2437 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

Bleeder's Digest #1

More
04 Oct 2022 17:12 - 04 Oct 2022 17:41 #335971 by Virabhadra
Our Warcry group recently began a 3-month multiplayer "City of Soroth Kor" campaign from the first edition. I've updated the rules and ported the whole beast over to the new Gnarlwood and Talaxian ruins setting, and since we'll be meeting over a good stretch of time, I thought it would be fun to write up a weekly one-page campaign newsletter for everyone. It's something I've seen roleplayers do with campaign journals and I wanted to try something similar.

Bleeder's Digest #1

Here's a draft of the inaugural issue. I'm the one who owns all the books and miniatures we use, so I wanted to create an in-world publication along the lines of Spike! Magazine that would provide players with a standings roundup and a slow drip of lore about Ghur and the denizens of the Mortal Realms. There is a section set aside for officially-sanctioned trash talk, and the last page (which is throwback to the Quest for Glory PC games series I loved as a kid) has links to the downloadable Core Rules and each Grand Alliance's fighter cards.

I kept it kind of short because I'll need to do one every week. I'm encouraging our group to engage with the narrative by submitting short, fake interviews with their Warbands. Anything else that would be neat to include? What are your thoughts?
Last edit: 04 Oct 2022 17:41 by Virabhadra. Reason: Fixed link.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Mabuse, hotseatgames, sornars, charlest, Smeagol, DarthJoJo, n815e

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Oct 2022 11:09 - 05 Oct 2022 11:12 #335984 by Smeagol
Replied by Smeagol on topic Bleeder's Digest #1
I used to do a weekly newsletter for our Mordheim campaign.

An editorail page

Fake Bloodbowl scores/sports page

Wyrdstone market watch/ finanical report

I did fake personal ads "Single blue troll seeking female troll, must enjoy munching on dwarfes bones....etc etc"

Point counter point articles
"Mordheim: cultural mecca" by a rich noble
vs "Mordheim: skaven infested hellhole" by a local orphan

Ask Olie the blacksmith. Kind of like Ann Landers/Dear Abby, the questions were typical relationship issues, except Olies advice always spiraled slowly into "just beat it over an anvil until it does what you want"

Also rumors , some of which were generic but some were clues to later campaign developments I had planned.

i also had a section for player submitted content, which I would reward gold crowns in game for. And a section for people placing bounties on enemy characters.

I ran a "Crown of elemental Chaos" campaign (stolen idea from somewhere online) with four stones on the crown , one for each classic element, and we did theme games around that element(two per element, then a crown reunificaton game, then an all teams vs the crown owner game to stop their insane takeover of he city,, and I would also use the newsletter to disperse the speical rules.

I did nothing to make it LOOK mordheim-y and instead focused on content. So it was essentially an email broken up into various paragraphs.
Last edit: 05 Oct 2022 11:12 by Smeagol. Reason: spelling like always
The following user(s) said Thank You: sornars, DarthJoJo, n815e, Virabhadra, Dive-Dive-Dive!

More
05 Oct 2022 12:37 #335986 by Jackwraith
Replied by Jackwraith on topic Bleeder's Digest #1
We did a narrative campaign once that combined 40K, Battlefleet Gothic, and Epic Armageddon. Three players; Orks, Tau, and Imperium. I was the Imperium player, using IG in Epic, the Imperial fleet in BFG, and Sisters of Battle in 40K. We set up a blog to do battle reports and some story continuation stuff. There were a couple situations that involved a drill-down effect, where we'd pause the BFG encounter to drop to where the Epic game was happening and then pause that to do a 40K scenario and then work our way back up. It was a blast while it lasted, but the Tau player left town to take a job and we stopped.

Then the Ork player and I did another one where I played Marines in all three games. Pretty sure I still know where the blog for that one is located, but we didn't get as far as the first campaign
The following user(s) said Thank You: sornars, DarthJoJo, Virabhadra

More
02 Dec 2022 14:16 #337172 by Virabhadra
Replied by Virabhadra on topic Bleeder's Digest #1
I loved your guys' ideas and borrowed them all. Our whole group has been getting over COVID and tonight will be our first meetup in a few weeks. I didn't have much content because everyone has been sick, but I wanted to keep our enthusiasm and momentum going. Happy with the look even if the formatting is a little janky.

Bleeder's Digest #2

It's stuff like this the keeps me from having time to respond to the lifestyle games thread.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sornars, Smeagol

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds