October 09, 2023
2451 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2654 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

Upcoming adventure games

More
30 Jun 2008 01:00 #8002 by metalface13
I tend to do a lot of board game cruising during the weekends and I've noticed there are several good looking adventure games coming down the pipes with summer/fall release dates.

1. World of Warcraft: The Adventure Game - It's out in Germany so it should be coming out to the states soon despite FFG being totally silent on this one. I haven't heard good things about WoW: The Board Game, but the Adventure game sounds like it's got a lot of good things going for it: shorter playing time, variety of quest types, all sorts of player interactions. And it's going to retail for $35 which easily fits into gamers' budgets. I haven't seen any play session reports yet, but it looks to be a much shorter game than the WoW: Board game.

2. Tales of the Arabian Nights - Again, I haven't played the original but the art previews look great. I like the sound of the choose your own adventure style book that you look up the encounters in depending what "time of day" you have the encounter in. Also you get the bonus of not having the typical high fantasy setting! I'm in the middle of rereading Fables. Vol 7 with the Arabian fables in it, so that's kinda got me jazzed.

3. A Touch of Evil - Offers competitive or cooperative play. It's got a colonial era horror theme so it gets points there too. Combat sounds pretty similar to LNOE and Arkham Horror though.

4. Tomb - I just came across this game while surfing around Thought Hammer. I hadn't heard anything about it. The rules are available online http://www.tombthegame.com/wp-content/uploads/TombRulesFree.pdf but I haven't finished reading through them. The art looks good though http://boardgamegeek.com/image/320757 http://boardgamegeek.com/image/320569 Maybe somebody who likes reading rule book pdfs more than I do can sum it up and tell us what it offers.

Anything else? Z-Man should be releasing the Prophecy expansions at some point, but I've heard he's had problems with his printer which will push back Tales of the Arabian Nights and Neuroshima Hex too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jun 2008 22:10 #8042 by ozjesting
I am looking forward to Arabian Nights as well! If for no other reason than one of our local gamers, Universal Head, is on the design side ;) (He also had a hand in Prophecy)

Another one I recently came across in the Czech designers is Dorn. Not sure if it is truly "adventure" but sounds very cool. Cool enough to be translated to English? Hope so!

More
30 Jun 2008 23:41 #8045 by metalface13
Oh yeah, I remember reading about Dorn back when the first edition of Prophecy was coming out. The board for that one looks pretty cool, like there's a maze on one section and hexes on another, looks wacky.

More
01 Jul 2008 00:46 #8049 by ubarose
Replied by ubarose on topic Re:Upcoming adventure games
metalface13 wrote:

Z-Man should be releasing the Prophecy expansions at some point, but I've heard he's had problems with his printer which will push back Tales of the Arabian Nights and Neuroshima Hex too.

Oh, that's a shame. In anticipation of Tales of the Arabian Nights I've been re-reading the unexpurgated Arabian Nights. Makes me wonder what a version of the game would be like if it included all the traditionally deleted bits. It wouldn't be a family game.

More
01 Jul 2008 04:59 #8055 by daveroswell
Uba,

Do you know if there will at least be a prototype of Arabian Nights to check out at WBC? I doubt if my normal gamegroup will be as excited about this as I am.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds