October 09, 2023
2454 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2655 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about the latest and greatest AT, and the Classics.

FFG'S Battlestar Galactica website is up!!!

More
More
07 Aug 2008 23:48 #9675 by Druen Kree
What no huge plastic Basestars?..but I did notice there are 2 Nuke tokens !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Aug 2008 02:18 #9679 by Mr Skeletor
The shit things: photo art which will remind me of just how crap this series got. The fact I have to choose a favourite character to play - what if I hate them all?

The rest sounds bloody unreal. Board looks a lot like red november's one (also a game I have a close eye on). Internal hype meter beging to build on this one.

Hopefully there is a way to kill both the human and cylon races, since I hate them all.

Dr Who game next please FFG.

More
08 Aug 2008 02:28 #9681 by Bulwyf
Aww damnit...

I hate myself for having high hopes that this game will not suck. BSG has potential but there are so many ways they could fuck this up. I'll just cross my fingers and pray in front of my copy of Dune.

-Will

More
08 Aug 2008 14:34 #9722 by Harkonnen13
I'm hoping it won't suck too. I find it strange which story elements they've decided to use as a timeline for the game. Maybe this game was a little bit too rushed? It's release (if it really hits the shelves on October) will precede season 4.5, Anticipation for a lot of fans for the finale will be high, I hope this wasn't thrown together to just make a quick buck.

More
08 Aug 2008 15:30 #9723 by Michael Barnes
It looks mostly pretty cool so far...the board looks kind of old timey in a way, which I like. It makes it sound like Adama has to make a big decision to use the nukes...but in the show, they're nuking Basestars all the time.

I like the detail that's broken out by having the various tracks, Colonial One, the character cards, etc...it looks like it's going to be a lot of fun, particularly if you know the show. I'd say that so far it looks like a great license done well. It's actually probably at the top of my "must play" list for the remainder of 2008, if only because it's the most interesting looking thing on the horizon.

I _really_ like that FFG has lately been pushing for $39.95 MSRPs on their titles...the WOW:AG for example. Less plastic, but I'd rather have less plastic than a $80 price tag for a smaller-scale game. I'm cool with that for TI3, DESCENT, STARCRAFT, etc. but a game like this needs to be reasonable- particularly to get fans of the show who may not otherwise be interested on board for it.

More
08 Aug 2008 16:56 #9729 by jeb
I think the board looks a little ~sparse~. There seem to be some large tracts there with not a lot on them--maybe cards and plastic get strewn about?

More
08 Aug 2008 17:30 #9730 by Michael Barnes
I'm thinking those dead spaces are going to be a big thing in the space combat...it looks like there's going to be attacks in different regions and you've got to secure the various sectors. I'm sure there'll be some vipers, raiders, and so forth in those zones.

I do wonder how the last season and the new one will figure into it..how are they going to figure in Baltar's girl cult?

More
08 Aug 2008 17:47 #9732 by bfkiller
The game board is where the main action of the game takes place. The largest section of the board is taken up by a representation of the Galactica, surrounded by six areas of open space. Cylon Raiders, Heavy Raiders, Basestars and defenseless civilian ships can usually be found surrounding Galactica. Vipers (which can be flown by the player characters with the piloting ability) launch only from the port side of the ship.

More
08 Aug 2008 17:55 #9733 by Bulwyf
I wonder if the first expasion for this will be Pegasus...

-Will

More
08 Aug 2008 18:06 #9734 by Michael Barnes
That would be bad ass...that was actually my favorite part of the story...Kane was such a BITCH. It was also a nice follow-up to that episode where Deanna was the Michael Moore-like filmmaker trying to expose the military's terribleness and only found heroism and people doing their jobs...then the Pegasus shows up and really is a military dictatorship...

Yeah, see, all that dead space will have ships in it...the fleet, y'know.

Wanna take bets on the 10 Characters? I'm guessing:

Lee
Roslin
Adama
Starbuck
Baltar
Sharon
Chief
Helo
Tigh
Gaeta

Could be Callie, Tom Zarek, Tori, Anders...but I'm thinking those look like the 10.

More
08 Aug 2008 19:22 - 08 Aug 2008 19:25 #9740 by jeb
Lee
Adama
Roslin
Starbuck (Lt Thrace if you're nasty)
Baltar

These are the easy ones.

I think Zarek is a solid pick, so's Tigh and Chief. But what's Tigh's power? Liver capacity?

For my last two I'll take Billy and exotic communications girl.
Last edit: 08 Aug 2008 19:25 by jeb.

More
08 Aug 2008 19:54 #9741 by Harkonnen13
jeb wrote:

and exotic communications girl.

Dee or Dualla (I think), yeah she's hot. Billy would seem to be a character possibility too, Tigh would be a must (just because I think he's cool). It seems like they're going for season one (winning by making it to Kobol) so maybe not Tory or Anders.

More
08 Aug 2008 23:08 #9745 by Bulwyf
Tigh was one of my least favorite characters until the occupation of New Caprica. That storyline redeemed the series that season for me and made me see him in a new light. Reminded me of the old man in the mountains that founded the Hashshashin during the 11th century AD.

I don't think Billy will be a major character in the game as he was too much in Roslin's shadow. However I wouldn't be suprised if he's represented as an event you can play to either boost or screw with Roslin. For that matter too I bet you she has a "medicinal marijuana" card too. (or whatever drug she was on)

-Will

More
09 Aug 2008 00:58 #9746 by Mr Skeletor
Wow, Tigh was by far the most interesting character, until they had the character not make any sense in season 4.

The characters I hated from the start were all the young ones. Starbuck? PHHEWWWWW! What a lame character. Lee has the most retarded story arc in history.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds