October 09, 2023
2292 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2510 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× For those who like to push chits.

Up Front on Drivethrucards

More
10 Sep 2020 12:14 #313959 by charlest
Replied by charlest on topic Up Front on Drivethrucards

ChristopherMD wrote: I thought they delivered Airborne to backers when they did D-Day Dice 2nd.

A completely different company ended up picking up the rights once they lapsed and trying to fix everything on those two releases.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Sep 2020 13:43 #313963 by Msample
Replied by Msample on topic Up Front on Drivethrucards

charlest wrote: I created the original Up Front thread when the KS launched warning people of the lawsuit, which I discovered when doing some digging in different forums. It grew quite large before a BGG admin moved the thread to the Radiant Games publisher forum (this was Valley Games new LLC created to avoid the debt and print Up Front). Unfortunately moving the thread effectively hid the warning, but it birthed two more enormous threads later.

Phil Sauer, the lender who later sued Valley, is a member of these forums although he hasn't posted in a long while. We've talked a few times briefly and he's a good dude and his intention was not to kill the Up Front reprint. The lawsuit actually began before the KS but Valley/Radiant proceeded anyway despite the huge risk to backers.

This is a very interesting story with lots of drama, including an employee leaking emails to Phil which highlighted how big of an ass the Valley Games CEOs were.

I don't believe Phil was awarded much if any money as it was all gone by then, but he did claim a ton of Valley's stock of older games. I ended up actually connecting him to the owner of Miniature Market who he liquidated it all through.

boardgamegeek.com/thread/883914/be-infor...ey-games-kickstarter

Ah, what memories. I forgot about the Airborne in your pocket game; that was another $100K that Valley pissed away .

Sauer IIRC got banned from posting on BGG, but still shows recent logins. The BGG mods no doubt took a dim view on Sauer shedding light on what at the time was probably one of BGG's biggest advertisers ( Valley/shell company Radiant) . I thought Sauer, naive as he was in doubling down in terms of throwing more money into investing in Valley while earlier loans were unpaid, was unfairly treated by a lot of KS backers. They didn't want him to go thru with his suit until after "they got theirs" first. He was out several hundred thousand dollars IIRC.

More
10 Sep 2020 14:40 #313967 by Cambyses
Replied by Cambyses on topic Up Front on Drivethrucards
I'm surprised these are being sold by Avalon Hill/Hasbro/WoTC via a print-on-demand website, after all that turmoil. I confess I feel a little guilty getting to take advantage of the opportunity after so many people were cheated out of their money! Sad, too, that TITAN was the result of a predatory company...

More
10 Sep 2020 17:14 #313971 by jeb
Replied by jeb on topic Up Front on Drivethrucards
I am getting better at NOT posting things, just letting you all know. I hope whoever wants to enjoy this game has a chance. I hear it's great.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jay718, birdman37, Nodens

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds