October 09, 2023
2498 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2701 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about Eurogames here.

Box Art . . . It Could Be Worse

More
27 Jul 2015 17:01 #207216 by boothwah

Hex Sinister wrote: Argent: The Consortium also has to be one of the most awful names ever. Designers, please stop with this Something: The Something crap. It's so bad. Just like that terrible trend in movie titles with "Something Somebody". Like "Raising Black Barney" and shit like that. I hate it. That IS going to be my first screenplay though.

Already taken - It was the subtitle for the straight to video Shower Rescue 3 : Raising Black Barney. Production value was just ok but they did get Nick Cage and the guy that played Carlton from Fresh Prince to star in it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jul 2015 17:20 #207219 by Black Barney
They screwed up so many things when they translated it from Thai (we had to film it over there). The title was Shower Rescue III: Black Barney Rising
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, Hex Sinister, boothwah

More
27 Jul 2015 17:20 #207220 by Hex Sinister

ubarose wrote: Worse than that, when I saw the name in the subject of the emailed press release I thought it was a Euro about renaissance precious metal trading. Either that or something to do with chemistry.

Yeah, the title reeks of "PLease ignore me". It's unfortunate. I'm certain it's really hard to come up with good names but yeesh. Since you guys are saying it's good, I'll take a look at it. But otherwise? Very unlikely.

boothwah wrote: Already taken - It was the subtitle for the straight to video Shower Rescue 3 : Raising Black Barney. Production value was just ok but they did get Nick Cage and the guy that played Carlton from Fresh Prince to star in it.

lmao

More
27 Jul 2015 17:30 #207222 by Ken B.

Black Barney wrote: They screwed up so many things when they translated it from Thai (we had to film it over there). The title was Shower Rescue III: Black Barney Rising

That's racist.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney, boothwah

More
27 Jul 2015 17:41 #207223 by ubarose
@Hex
In a nutshell, it's worker placement, but your workers are students at the school for wizardry, so they can attack each other with spells and magic items.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hex Sinister

More
27 Jul 2015 18:40 #207224 by Josh Look
The Kemet box is a goddamned eyesore. Worse, I'm betting a bunch of you like it.

More
27 Jul 2015 18:42 #207225 by boothwah

Ken B. wrote:

Black Barney wrote: They screwed up so many things when they translated it from Thai (we had to film it over there). The title was Shower Rescue III: Black Barney Rising

That's racist.

WHO MADE YOU THE SJW NAZI CAPTAIN PLANET CARE BEAR IN CHARGE HERE?

/Godwin-ed
//Well that escalated quickly
///You do know he edited it to say They instead of Them Orientals
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
27 Jul 2015 19:29 #207234 by engineer Al

Josh Look wrote: The Kemet box is a goddamned eyesore. Worse, I'm betting a bunch of you like it.

Josh Look. . .an insufferable hypocrite reveling in unearned superiority.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Barnes, boothwah

More
28 Jul 2015 09:44 #207269 by Gregarius

Much more interesting than Shower Rescue II: Black Barney Rinsing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney, boothwah

More
28 Jul 2015 10:31 - 28 Jul 2015 11:37 #207276 by Gary Sax
So... Argent sounds kind of cool. Have any of you fans reviewed it anywhere? I'd love to see a F:AT review. It'd be cool to have a university worker placement in my collection. It also looks like a bonkers crazy eurogame like Archipelago which I will never play except for like a con but oddly love that I own.
Last edit: 28 Jul 2015 11:37 by Gary Sax.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, Dr. Mabuse

More
28 Jul 2015 12:37 - 28 Jul 2015 16:22 #207291 by Josh Look

Gary Sax wrote: So... Argent sounds kind of cool. Have any of you fans reviewed it anywhere? I'd love to see a F:AT review. It'd be cool to have a university worker placement in my collection. It also looks like a bonkers crazy eurogame like Archipelago which I will never play except for like a con but oddly love that I own.

It's significantly less bonkers than Archipelago, which is is so packed with all the hot mechanics from the last 10 years that almost seems meta to me. It's like its some sort of joke. "Oh, you didn't want to buy Earth Reborn? Well THIS must be what you want, it literally has everything you unwashed savages can't seem to get enough of."

It is a really terrific game. Lots of confrontation, lots of options at every turn. The only thing I don't love is actually the hidden VP information. You can't know everything that will score and play efficiently, so it's pretty much a guessing game. It's not enough to sink it, but it is enough of a gripe to keep it from the top of the WP heap (which is a tie between Waterdeep and Tzolk'in for me).

And it's UGLY.
Last edit: 28 Jul 2015 16:22 by Josh Look.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
28 Jul 2015 12:44 #207293 by Michael Barnes
My man at Miniature Market gave Argent a good review too...I'm going to see if they'll send me one, it sounds really good.

But yeah, dat art...

More
28 Jul 2015 14:49 #207312 by VonTush
Kindly take your commercial shills over to MB10kC.com, I understand they fully embrace the pay to play mentality over there.

More
28 Jul 2015 15:57 #207317 by Stonecutter

boothwah wrote:

Hex Sinister wrote: Argent: The Consortium also has to be one of the most awful names ever. Designers, please stop with this Something: The Something crap. It's so bad. Just like that terrible trend in movie titles with "Something Somebody". Like "Raising Black Barney" and shit like that. I hate it. That IS going to be my first screenplay though.

Already taken - It was the subtitle for the straight to video Shower Rescue 3 : Raising Black Barney. Production value was just ok but they did get Nick Cage and the guy that played Carlton from Fresh Prince to star in it.

This is a problem with bands now too. I'm so tired of bands being named "Adjective The Noun" or "Verb The Noun" that shit needs to stop, fast.

Cage The Elephant
Walk The Moon
Young The Giant
Portugal The Man
Run The Jewels
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hex Sinister

More
28 Jul 2015 16:01 #207318 by Shellhead

Stonecutter wrote: Young The Giant

I saw them in concert a few years ago. They were okay.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds