October 09, 2023
2454 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2654 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about whatever you like related to games that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Chicken Caesar? The Hotness?

• Steve Weeks
  • Steve Weeks's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
07 Mar 2012 15:48 #118576 by Steve Weeks
Replied by Steve Weeks on topic Re: Chicken Caesar? The Hotness?
You see, Zev referencing the Marx Brothers show he has some sense of taste. This illustrates the further problem with Kickstarter. Kickstarter does not have gatekeepers in place like Zev to spare us from games like Chicken Caesar. Although, I cannot speak for Zev, I am pretty sure Chicken Caesar would have been rejected by Z-man games and most probably Capo would have had dice thrown at it by angry playtesters in Zev's studio. ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2012 16:20 #118579 by Stephen Avery

Steve Weeks wrote: You see, Zev referencing the Marx Brothers show he has some sense of taste. This illustrates the further problem with Kickstarter. Kickstarter does not have gatekeepers in place like Zev to spare us from games like Chicken Caesar. Although, I cannot speak for Zev, I am pretty sure Chicken Caesar would have been rejected by Z-man games and most probably Capo would have had dice thrown at it by angry playtesters in Zev's studio. ;)

He'll get a chance to throw the dice at it (or me) in person in about a week. ConnCon did not cough up the money for me to ruin their con with my presence so I'm going to go plague them in person.

Steve"Still acepting offers"Avery

More
07 Mar 2012 19:50 #118594 by Notahandle
I'm still taken aback at the TOS $1200 competition charge, they really know how to leech off their community don't they?

ubarose wrote:
" Personally, I'm in it for the sex."
Finally, a Kickstarter stretch goal that appeals to uba!

More
07 Mar 2012 20:54 #118601 by DukeofChutney
I dont mind them charging excessive amounts of cash to companies that wish to market through them. But at least they could reinvest it into producing a much better UI. I've heard they are doing this, but until it arrives i will complain, and when it does i will complain some more. Unfortunatly im not paid to complain, as im not a critic, i do it for the self satisfaction.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Notahandle

More
07 Mar 2012 22:30 #118610 by Bullwinkle
I've read this thread from beginning to end and I still have no idea what it's about.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeletedUser, Fallen

More
08 Mar 2012 05:21 #118625 by dysjunct
I love dumb puns. Chicken Caesar sounds like a line from a Three Stooges routine and that's fine by me. It will live and die by the gameplay; I'm not going to pony up hard cash for it, but I might take a look if people I trust give it a good review or three.

Anyone who thinks it's too silly for a real game should stick to games where you stroke your chin and convert various cubes into various other cubes. Weeks, it surprises me that you're voluntarily placing yourself into that category. For one, it's boring, and for two, you can't grow a beard yet.

More
08 Mar 2012 07:59 #118626 by fswtor
Can we shut down Kickstarter right now? This is worse than Karaoke night. Just because you like games doen't mean you can design one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juniper, Notahandle, Steve Weeks

• Steve Weeks
  • Steve Weeks's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
08 Mar 2012 14:55 #118633 by Steve Weeks
Replied by Steve Weeks on topic Re: Chicken Caesar? The Hotness?

Anyone who thinks it's too silly for a real game should stick to games where you stroke your chin and convert various cubes into various other cubes. Weeks, it surprises me that you're voluntarily placing yourself into that category. For one, it's boring, and for two, you can't grow a beard yet.

I am all for silly games but if you had read what I said Chicken Caesar is not a silly game. It is a serious game with a silly name pasted on. Its worse that what Knizia does with his jar of paste. The name doesn't fit the mechanics.

Once a game has a Steve Weeks Reject stamp on it, it is doomed. Why do you think BGG is so afraid to have me post? Its because they know I am the King of Cool when it comes to games and I make a lot of sense, when I see no clothes on the Emperor I say so, and this pisses them off to no end because it blows down the house they built on the sand.

Look at the post in this thread by fswtor, no doubt a supporter of Chicken Caesar trying to mock me. But I welcome him for he only makes me stronger.

More
08 Mar 2012 14:58 - 08 Mar 2012 14:59 #118634 by SuperflyPete

fswtor wrote: Can we shut down Kickstarter right now? This is worse than Karaoke night. Just because you like games doen't mean you can design one.

Without Kickstarter, there'd likely not be an Alien Frontiers. So, let the market decide, and remember that Kelly Clarkson wasn't shit before American Idol, and that bitch can sing the blues.
Last edit: 08 Mar 2012 14:59 by SuperflyPete.

More
08 Mar 2012 15:00 #118635 by Sagrilarus
Here's a thought -- don't buy a game until you've taken a look at it in real life. You might get a better hit rate.

S.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bullwinkle

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds