Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Talk about whatever you like related to games that doesn't fit anywhere else.

TOPIC: Deals and Steals

Deals and Steals 06 Apr 2018 07:39 #267059

I've been scouring the local Goodwill's for Hot Wheels to mod for Gaslands as well. I hope to get it to the table soon.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cranberries, SuperflyTNT

Deals and Steals 07 Apr 2018 06:58 #267088

Crusader Kings II is a deep hole you will never get out of.

If you like the game look online at a buying guide for the expansions. Some are game defining and others are who cares---amd you can almost always pick them up for like 3 dollars in the next steam sale.
  • Gary Sax
  • Gary Sax's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 8556
  • Thank you received: 3186
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deals and Steals 07 Apr 2018 07:22 #267090

We only have one car, a 2005 Ford Econoline, and with two kids of driving age and two adults it's a huge hassle. This Toyota has a salvage title and we can afford the payments of only $85 a month, and actually probably pay it off in two years. What do you think?

www.ksl.com/auto/listing/4567554

(Hey, it says Deals and Steals, but does not specify only boardgames)
  • cranberries
  • cranberries's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • D10
  • Wait, are you sure?
  • Posts: 2523
  • Thank you received: 1466
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deals and Steals 07 Apr 2018 16:22 #267099

Goodnight Geoffrey.


IMG_20180407_155437599.jpg
  • cranberries
  • cranberries's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • D10
  • Wait, are you sure?
  • Posts: 2523
  • Thank you received: 1466
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deals and Steals 07 Apr 2018 19:20 #267101

Gary Sax wrote:
Crusader Kings II is a deep hole you will never get out of.

If you like the game look online at a buying guide for the expansions. Some are game defining and others are who cares---amd you can almost always pick them up for like 3 dollars in the next steam sale.

I've spent a few hours with it so far, and while I see the depth and the potential for engrossing gameplay, the steep learning curve is a big issue. I'm seriously debating if I want to keep diving in, because the game provides a level of detail that I find exhausting. I'll give it some more time before I decide whether I want to bail, but for the time being I'm kind of glad I didn't plunk down any money for it.
Subscribe to my game blog, The Rumpus Room.
sanildefanso.wordpress.com
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cranberries

Deals and Steals 08 Apr 2018 04:09 #267105

cranberries wrote:
We only have one car, a 2005 Ford Econoline, and with two kids of driving age and two adults it's a huge hassle. This Toyota has a salvage title and we can afford the payments of only $85 a month, and actually probably pay it off in two years. What do you think?

www.ksl.com/auto/listing/4567554

(Hey, it says Deals and Steals, but does not specify only boardgames)

Minor fender benders shouldn’t necessitate a salvage title. That’s for cars caught in floods etc.
  • Msample
  • Msample's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • D8
  • Posts: 1814
  • Thank you received: 830
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cranberries

Deals and Steals 08 Apr 2018 07:22 #267108

san il defanso wrote:
Gary Sax wrote:
Crusader Kings II is a deep hole you will never get out of.

If you like the game look online at a buying guide for the expansions. Some are game defining and others are who cares---amd you can almost always pick them up for like 3 dollars in the next steam sale.

I've spent a few hours with it so far, and while I see the depth and the potential for engrossing gameplay, the steep learning curve is a big issue. I'm seriously debating if I want to keep diving in, because the game provides a level of detail that I find exhausting. I'll give it some more time before I decide whether I want to bail, but for the time being I'm kind of glad I didn't plunk down any money for it.

The learning curve is insane.

That said, one thing about ck2 is that you don't really run the world. So you can feel free to fuck up, be inefficient, etc, because as long as you don't play as the holy roman emperor the game doesn't really depends on your performance. You're more like one actor in an unbelievably large play. Which for me took a lot of pressure off learning the system and made learning fun.
  • Gary Sax
  • Gary Sax's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 8556
  • Thank you received: 3186
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deals and Steals 08 Apr 2018 08:42 #267109

Msample wrote:
cranberries wrote:
We only have one car, a 2005 Ford Econoline, and with two kids of driving age and two adults it's a huge hassle. This Toyota has a salvage title and we can afford the payments of only $85 a month, and actually probably pay it off in two years. What do you think?

www.ksl.com/auto/listing/4567554

(Hey, it says Deals and Steals, but does not specify only boardgames)

Minor fender benders shouldn’t necessitate a salvage title. That’s for cars caught in floods etc.

You can get salvage titles if the vehicle is totaled because the insurance company marked it as such due to the dollar value of a repair. That said, $5k on a 10-year-old Camry with salvage title? A clean one KBBs at $7-8k for dealer sale. I think that is probably on the high side. I would expect to pay $3-4K at the most for that.
  • barrowdown
  • barrowdown's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • D6
  • Posts: 582
  • Thank you received: 341
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cranberries

Deals and Steals 09 Apr 2018 05:49 #267121

  • Michael Barnes
  • Michael Barnes's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Mountebank
  • HYPOCRITE
  • Posts: 15015
  • Thank you received: 7493
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deals and Steals 09 Apr 2018 06:34 #267124

cranberries wrote:
We only have one car, a 2005 Ford Econoline, and with two kids of driving age and two adults it's a huge hassle. This Toyota has a salvage title and we can afford the payments of only $85 a month, and actually probably pay it off in two years. What do you think?

www.ksl.com/auto/listing/4567554

(Hey, it says Deals and Steals, but does not specify only boardgames)

Salvage title isn't limited to flood damage. Any time an insurance company totals a car it gets a salvage title. The book value on a 2007 Camry is next to nothing so a front end hit could easily cause it to be totaled.

On the bright side, that model Camry should run forever. Those motors are near indestructible.

On the con side, what does "work needed" mean? Also salvage usually requires a full inspection before it can be registered. At least in CT it does. Dude should either take care of that for you or guarantee it passes.

Price is steep but if you need to finance your going to have to pay more than its worth.
  • repoman
  • repoman's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • D10
  • Posts: 3116
  • Thank you received: 2365
All Hammers All the Time
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Msample

Deals and Steals 09 Apr 2018 07:41 #267126

A salvage indicates the total damage to the vehicle exceeded the value of the vehicle. Short of the frame of that car being wonked I don't see how the damage shown in the photos exceeds repair costs. In short, the vehicle may have been put into salvage because of other defects with it that you haven't identified reduced its value. That's something you should figure out prior to buying. Carfax may give you some information on prior accidents.

Salvage in Maryland requires re-inspection, and Maryland doesn't inspect much of anything. That re-inspection needs to happen prior to you plunking down the money.

At that price and that age look at Hyundais and Kias, as they became very good cars in the early 2000s and are underpriced for the value. I think there are better opportunities out there if you have a look around.
  • Sagrilarus
  • Sagrilarus's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • D12
  • Posts: 6458
  • Thank you received: 3403
Last Edit: 09 Apr 2018 07:47 by Sagrilarus.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, cranberries

Deals and Steals 13 Apr 2018 16:01 #267505

My local Michael's has the Star Wars Snap tite models 80% off.
  • Brewmiester
  • Brewmiester's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • D6
  • Posts: 550
  • Thank you received: 244
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cranberries

Deals and Steals 13 Apr 2018 16:47 #267508

  • NeonPeon
  • NeonPeon's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • D6
  • Posts: 811
  • Thank you received: 36
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deals and Steals 16 Apr 2018 09:38 #267622

For those Blood Rage fans looking to pick up some (not all mind you) of those Kickstarter exclusives, it can all be yours for a mere $2,500 (plus $10 shipping): e-Bay link
  • cdennett
  • cdennett's Avatar
  • NOW ONLINE
  • D6
  • Posts: 365
  • Thank you received: 207
Last Edit: 16 Apr 2018 09:39 by cdennett. Reason: Apparently the eBay tags don't work...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deals and Steals 16 Apr 2018 10:33 #267627

Shipping kills this hot deal.
MWChapel wrote: Euro's are trying to bring gaming to the level of competitive sports. Competition based on skill outweighs the basic theme driven escapism. Sport over entertainment.

Jeb wrote: If...
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.442 seconds