Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Talk about whatever you like related to games that doesn't fit anywhere else.

TOPIC: Deals and Steals

Deals and Steals 27 Sep 2018 06:17 #282362

And there’s a dude that has the new KT release preorders up early...new Shadespire/Nightvault stuff is up too.
  • Michael Barnes
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Mountebank
  • HYPOCRITE
  • Thank you received: 7769
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deals and Steals 27 Sep 2018 10:32 #282383

Is it just the rogue trader teams and necrons that are new?
  • gversace
  • D4
  • Thank you received: 51

Deals and Steals 27 Sep 2018 10:52 #282384

No- up for preorder on Saturday is a new Kill Zone box (Wall of Martyrs) and two starters, Necron (Immortals/Deathmarks) and Tau (Fire Warriors). Both come with more Wall of Martyrs pieces.

Kind of a whiff there, seeing as there is Tau terrain they could have packed in along with a Tau environment.
  • Michael Barnes
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Mountebank
  • HYPOCRITE
  • Thank you received: 7769
The following user(s) said Thank You: gversace

Deals and Steals 09 Oct 2018 20:12 #282926

My brother spotted Mississippi Queen and the Black Rose expansion at the Tooele, Utah Mormon thrift store (Deseret Industries)

It's a good game and a good price, but I'm thinking Downforce is probably more fun.

mississippi_queen.jpg
  • CranBerries
  • NOW ONLINE
  • D10
  • Wait, are you sure?
  • Thank you received: 1547

Deals and Steals 15 Oct 2018 20:28 #283117

Sid Meier's Civilization: A New Dawn is on Amazon for $26.49. Plus, if you buy yourself a $100 "gift card" you get an extra $10 off. So this EXCELLENT new civ game cost me $16.49! Ridiculous deal!
  • engineer Al
  • NOW ONLINE
  • D6
  • Thank you received: 543
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, Josh Look, drewcula, WadeMonnig

Deals and Steals 20 Oct 2018 16:40 #283663

I made a Discount Dive trip to MM to snag some new fodder for that feature (not that I am lacking plenty of old fodder). Does anyone have any insights on the releases I picked up? These all came from unadvertised in-store deals, I hit up the ding and dent section but nothing really jumped out at me at a reasonable price. I didn't go in looking for anything other than to check out the sale stuff.
Going, Going, Gone
They Come Unseen
Divinity Derby (I've had my eyes on this for awhile, so was happy to snatch it up).
Samurai Gardener
Wasteland Express Delivery Service.

Not to ruin any surprise from the actual article but I spent a total of $78.00 on all of these games Only one broke my unwritten $25.00 rule and that (obviously) was Wasteland Express, which I wasn't going to pass up for $30.00. Which, I think makes it cheaper than a buck a pound. Freaking heavy ass box.
  • WadeMonnig
  • NOW ONLINE
  • D6
  • Thank you received: 200

Deals and Steals 20 Oct 2018 17:23 #283665

Wasteland Express is pretty fun. Enjoy!
  • engineer Al
  • NOW ONLINE
  • D6
  • Thank you received: 543
The following user(s) said Thank You: WadeMonnig

Deals and Steals 20 Oct 2018 22:47 #283675

Is anyone hitting the GMT 50 percent off sale? My friend bought all the stuff I had my eye on: Talon, Thunder Alley, Sekigahara--so I kept away and will hopefully play his copies. He wasn't buying games for a while because of health problems, so I hope this means he is getting healthier.
  • CranBerries
  • NOW ONLINE
  • D10
  • Wait, are you sure?

Deals and Steals 21 Oct 2018 03:07 #283679

CranBerries wrote:
Is anyone hitting the GMT 50 percent off sale? My friend bought all the stuff I had my eye on: Talon, Thunder Alley, Sekigahara--so I kept away and will hopefully play his copies. He wasn't buying games for a while because of health problems, so I hope this means he is getting healthier.

I wasn't going to but 50% off any in stock game is pretty hard to resist. AND you can order up to 20 games? Ridiculous. Of course, unless you get in early, much of the catalog is going to be out of stock. But no matter, GMT is pretty awesome to offer this.

So, I ended up ordering Skies Over the Reich the solo game where you command a squadron of fighters trying to knock down those endless allied bombers. The photos make it look pretty. I hope it gives the player more decisions than B17 or Target for Today but we'll see.

I was also tempted to get that copy of Panzer that sings it's siren song to me every time I look it's way but then I wondered who I'd ever get to play it with me and decided against it.

In other news I received my copy of ASL's Armies of Oblivion! That's the one that contains counters for those small countries that allied with the Germans in WW2. Like Hungary and Bulgaria. Comes with a bunch of new scenarios as well. I also pre ordered For King and Country which has the British stuff in it. Hey, why are your eyes glazing over? WAKE UP! ASL is very very EXCITING! You should try it! Come over Saturday. It'll be fun.
  • repoman
  • NOW ONLINE
  • D10
  • Filthy Trucker
  • Thank you received: 2554
All Hammers All the Time
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, CranBerries

Deals and Steals 21 Oct 2018 06:18 #283680

I was thinking about Sekigahara because everyone always raves about it, but since I'm already getting Andean Abyss when it ships, I decided to hold off. Also, GMT's shipping is real high, so even with the discount, the GMT price with shipping is actually just about what you'd pay from a regular online store.
  • Chaz
  • D6
  • Thank you received: 276

Deals and Steals 21 Oct 2018 10:43 #283688

I just got a copy of a complex GMT game, I probably should have waited for the sale.
  • Gary Sax
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Shelf Toad King
  • Thank you received: 3400
Last Edit: 21 Oct 2018 10:44 by Gary Sax.

Deals and Steals 22 Oct 2018 15:33 #284365

Gary Sax wrote:
I just got a copy of a complex GMT game

Ha ha, that's the most Gary Sax thing to say ever.
repoman wrote:
CranBerries wrote:

I also pre ordered For King and Country which has the British stuff in it. Hey, why are your eyes glazing over? WAKE UP! ASL is very very EXCITING! You should try it! Come over Saturday. It'll be fun.

I was thinking that WAKE UP! ASL! was a new module based on the human potential movement or something. Where are you located, North Carolina or something?
  • CranBerries
  • NOW ONLINE
  • D10
  • Wait, are you sure?
Last Edit: 22 Oct 2018 15:42 by CranBerries.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Black Barney

Deals and Steals 31 Oct 2018 14:55 #285018

Paradox Entertainment, makers of such computer games as Stellaris, Hearts of Iron, and Europa Unversalis is having a Halloween sale with some pretty good prices.

I picked up Hearts of Iron IV for $14. Some or their older games they are practically giving away. Worth checking out if you like their type of games or have been curious about them. Europa Universalis and Stellaris are both great games.
  • repoman
  • NOW ONLINE
  • D10
  • Filthy Trucker
  • Thank you received: 2554
All Hammers All the Time

Deals and Steals 31 Oct 2018 16:52 #285032

Cities Skylines is also very good and on sale.

Have you been following the new economic system they're doing with the next Stellaris DLC, repoman? It looks very cool. No more managing individual population unit locations or upgrading every tile individually.
  • Gary Sax
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Shelf Toad King
  • Thank you received: 3400
Last Edit: 31 Oct 2018 16:52 by Gary Sax.

Deals and Steals 02 Nov 2018 14:15 #285167

Destiny 2 will be free on Battle.net from now until the 18th. It's worth that if you played it just for the storyline.
  • RobertB
  • NOW ONLINE
  • D8
  • Thank you received: 532
Last Edit: 02 Nov 2018 14:16 by RobertB.
Time to create page: 0.365 seconds