October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2507 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about whatever you like related to games that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Deals and Steals

More
27 Sep 2018 08:17 #282362 by Michael Barnes
Replied by Michael Barnes on topic Deals and Steals
And there’s a dude that has the new KT release preorders up early...new Shadespire/Nightvault stuff is up too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Sep 2018 12:32 #282383 by gversace
Replied by gversace on topic Deals and Steals
Is it just the rogue trader teams and necrons that are new?

More
27 Sep 2018 12:52 #282384 by Michael Barnes
Replied by Michael Barnes on topic Deals and Steals
No- up for preorder on Saturday is a new Kill Zone box (Wall of Martyrs) and two starters, Necron (Immortals/Deathmarks) and Tau (Fire Warriors). Both come with more Wall of Martyrs pieces.

Kind of a whiff there, seeing as there is Tau terrain they could have packed in along with a Tau environment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gversace

More
09 Oct 2018 22:12 #282926 by Cranberries
Replied by Cranberries on topic Deals and Steals
My brother spotted Mississippi Queen and the Black Rose expansion at the Tooele, Utah Mormon thrift store (Deseret Industries)

It's a good game and a good price, but I'm thinking Downforce is probably more fun.

Attachments:

More
15 Oct 2018 22:28 #283117 by engineer Al
Replied by engineer Al on topic Deals and Steals
Sid Meier's Civilization: A New Dawn is on Amazon for $26.49. Plus, if you buy yourself a $100 "gift card" you get an extra $10 off. So this EXCELLENT new civ game cost me $16.49! Ridiculous deal!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, Josh Look, drewcula, WadeMonnig

More
20 Oct 2018 18:40 #283663 by WadeMonnig
Replied by WadeMonnig on topic Deals and Steals
I made a Discount Dive trip to MM to snag some new fodder for that feature (not that I am lacking plenty of old fodder). Does anyone have any insights on the releases I picked up? These all came from unadvertised in-store deals, I hit up the ding and dent section but nothing really jumped out at me at a reasonable price. I didn't go in looking for anything other than to check out the sale stuff.
Going, Going, Gone
They Come Unseen
Divinity Derby (I've had my eyes on this for awhile, so was happy to snatch it up).
Samurai Gardener
Wasteland Express Delivery Service.

Not to ruin any surprise from the actual article but I spent a total of $78.00 on all of these games Only one broke my unwritten $25.00 rule and that (obviously) was Wasteland Express, which I wasn't going to pass up for $30.00. Which, I think makes it cheaper than a buck a pound. Freaking heavy ass box.

More
20 Oct 2018 19:23 #283665 by engineer Al
Replied by engineer Al on topic Deals and Steals
Wasteland Express is pretty fun. Enjoy!
The following user(s) said Thank You: WadeMonnig

More
21 Oct 2018 00:47 #283675 by Cranberries
Is anyone hitting the GMT 50 percent off sale? My friend bought all the stuff I had my eye on: Talon, Thunder Alley, Sekigahara--so I kept away and will hopefully play his copies. He wasn't buying games for a while because of health problems, so I hope this means he is getting healthier.

More
21 Oct 2018 05:07 #283679 by repoman
Replied by repoman on topic Deals and Steals

CranBerries wrote: Is anyone hitting the GMT 50 percent off sale? My friend bought all the stuff I had my eye on: Talon, Thunder Alley, Sekigahara--so I kept away and will hopefully play his copies. He wasn't buying games for a while because of health problems, so I hope this means he is getting healthier.

I wasn't going to but 50% off any in stock game is pretty hard to resist. AND you can order up to 20 games? Ridiculous. Of course, unless you get in early, much of the catalog is going to be out of stock. But no matter, GMT is pretty awesome to offer this.

So, I ended up ordering Skies Over the Reich the solo game where you command a squadron of fighters trying to knock down those endless allied bombers. The photos make it look pretty. I hope it gives the player more decisions than B17 or Target for Today but we'll see.

I was also tempted to get that copy of Panzer that sings it's siren song to me every time I look it's way but then I wondered who I'd ever get to play it with me and decided against it.

In other news I received my copy of ASL's Armies of Oblivion! That's the one that contains counters for those small countries that allied with the Germans in WW2. Like Hungary and Bulgaria. Comes with a bunch of new scenarios as well. I also pre ordered For King and Country which has the British stuff in it. Hey, why are your eyes glazing over? WAKE UP! ASL is very very EXCITING! You should try it! Come over Saturday. It'll be fun.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Cranberries

More
21 Oct 2018 08:18 #283680 by Chaz
Replied by Chaz on topic Deals and Steals
I was thinking about Sekigahara because everyone always raves about it, but since I'm already getting Andean Abyss when it ships, I decided to hold off. Also, GMT's shipping is real high, so even with the discount, the GMT price with shipping is actually just about what you'd pay from a regular online store.

More
21 Oct 2018 12:43 - 21 Oct 2018 12:44 #283688 by Gary Sax
Replied by Gary Sax on topic Deals and Steals
I just got a copy of a complex GMT game, I probably should have waited for the sale.
Last edit: 21 Oct 2018 12:44 by Gary Sax.

More
22 Oct 2018 17:33 - 22 Oct 2018 17:42 #284365 by Cranberries

Gary Sax wrote: I just got a copy of a complex GMT game

Ha ha, that's the most Gary Sax thing to say ever.

repoman wrote:

CranBerries wrote: Is anyone hitting the GMT 50 percent off sale? My friend bought all the stuff I had my eye on: Talon, Thunder Alley, Sekigahara--so I kept away and will hopefully play his copies. He wasn't buying games for a while because of health problems, so I hope this means he is getting healthier.

I also pre ordered For King and Country which has the British stuff in it. Hey, why are your eyes glazing over? WAKE UP! ASL is very very EXCITING! You should try it! Come over Saturday. It'll be fun.

I was thinking that WAKE UP! ASL! was a new module based on the human potential movement or something. Where are you located, North Carolina or something?
Last edit: 22 Oct 2018 17:42 by Cranberries.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Black Barney

More
31 Oct 2018 16:55 #285018 by repoman
Replied by repoman on topic Deals and Steals
Paradox Entertainment, makers of such computer games as Stellaris, Hearts of Iron, and Europa Unversalis is having a Halloween sale with some pretty good prices.

I picked up Hearts of Iron IV for $14. Some or their older games they are practically giving away. Worth checking out if you like their type of games or have been curious about them. Europa Universalis and Stellaris are both great games.

More
31 Oct 2018 18:52 - 31 Oct 2018 18:52 #285032 by Gary Sax
Replied by Gary Sax on topic Deals and Steals
Cities Skylines is also very good and on sale.

Have you been following the new economic system they're doing with the next Stellaris DLC, repoman? It looks very cool. No more managing individual population unit locations or upgrading every tile individually.
Last edit: 31 Oct 2018 18:52 by Gary Sax.

More
02 Nov 2018 16:15 - 02 Nov 2018 16:16 #285167 by RobertB
Replied by RobertB on topic Deals and Steals
Destiny 2 will be free on Battle.net from now until the 18th. It's worth that if you played it just for the storyline.
Last edit: 02 Nov 2018 16:16 by RobertB.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.336 seconds