October 09, 2023
2286 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2504 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about whatever you like related to games that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Let's Talk- Blizzard

More
18 Jul 2017 17:48 #251348 by boothwah
Replied by boothwah on topic Let's Talk- Blizzard

Colorcrayons wrote: Its a pretty decent couch coop too, if people can deal with their inventory management at the end of an encounter or whatever. Otherwise it feels like a game of Suzy dress up dolls.

You say this to the guy that spends 2 minutes with Destiny Item Manager to put together a t12 arc burn armor set, and then another 10 minutes moving pieces around or choosing different shaders so that I look fierce. Or at least not like a hobo. All for a 10 minute strike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney, Colorcrayons

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jul 2017 22:48 #251363 by Sevej
Replied by Sevej on topic Let's Talk- Blizzard
I for one welcome the change in D3, but I feel that the AH soured a lot of people.

I like that it's going the Bastion's way, free change of skill in game. A game provides more alternative ways of knocking enemies out instead of just getting stronger and stronger. I used to like the crunch of character building, but no more. Skill should play out in the field, not in excel file and reading frame data. I also hated that you could play a character to their 60s only to find that they have no chance in end-game difficulty level.

More
19 Jul 2017 04:07 #251366 by Matt Thrower
Replied by Matt Thrower on topic Let's Talk- Blizzard

boothwah wrote: Yep. The reason why it was the second download for my xbox one after paying for it on my 360. Couch co-ops are a dieing breed man.

Aren't they just? My favourite (derail) is Assault Android Cactus. Just got Rocket League which seems promising, but haven't played it co-op yet.

More
22 Jul 2017 14:05 #251517 by Colorcrayons
Replied by Colorcrayons on topic Let's Talk- Blizzard
So I do have a sincere 'Fuck You!' For Blizzard.

Its about Diablo III and crafting the Herding Staff.

On the PS4, you need three items to craft it, the hardest to find being the Gibbering Gemstone.

And in order to find it, it is dropped in only one place. In the second level of the Caverns of Frost sub adventure inside of the Fields of Slaughter in act III by killing an elite creature called 'Chiltara'.

The issue is, the caverns of frost aren't always there, and if it is, then chiltara isn't always there, and if she is, then she has an extremely low chance of dropping the gem.

So its an RNG farm fest of bend me over and fuck me in the ass. I've read accounts of this on the internet where people farm this for over a year to acquire it, since 2012.

This is a pretty big design flaw for even an RNG type of game like diablo.

More
22 Jul 2017 18:21 #251524 by Hex Sinister
Replied by Hex Sinister on topic Let's Talk- Blizzard
I can't get the fucking plan from the demon. Killed that dude like a million times and just got so bored and gave up.

More
22 Jul 2017 19:47 #251528 by Colorcrayons
The first two comments by a guy named silver struck says it all about this damn gem:

us.battle.net/d3/en/item/gibbering-gemstone

More
23 Jul 2017 01:18 #251534 by boothwah
Replied by boothwah on topic Let's Talk- Blizzard
I have my staff. Probably spent about 15 hours casually farming Fields of slaughter adventure mode for the stone. Whimsyshire rides for free if your on Xbox one. Gamer tag is boothwah.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
23 Jul 2017 08:59 #251538 by Legomancer
Replied by Legomancer on topic Let's Talk- Blizzard
I honestly don't blame Blizzard for maybe reaching too far in the other direction when you have all these idiots who want to be the first to yell "BEAT IT! YAWN!" 3 hours after the game drops.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Colorcrayons

More
23 Jul 2017 14:32 #251542 by Colorcrayons
I'm such a n00b.
I've been solely playing a crusader all the way to paragon 170.
So I decide to try a mage. And find out that my paragon levels as well as my stash is accessible by any character in my account, as well as adventure mode.
Its fun to go through a rift at first level and watch your levels just immediately skyrocket.

More
23 Jul 2017 16:47 #251544 by Jackwraith
Replied by Jackwraith on topic Let's Talk- Blizzard
Heh. Yep. They installed that because they didn't want people to have the conflict of not wanting to abandon one toon in order to play another, so your points all accrued by everyone and you don't have to dump stuff on the ground and have a friend hold the game open to move stuff between toons and so on. It's mighty convenient. I've been wrecking Rifts for the past couple weeks with my Necro and gained about 50 Paragon levels, which means my other toons can now handle higher stuff than they could before.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colorcrayons

More
24 Jul 2017 05:12 #251562 by Matt Thrower
Replied by Matt Thrower on topic Let's Talk- Blizzard
I installed and played Heroes of the Storm over the weekend.

At first I really enjoyed it: it was sold to me as a MOBA for people who don't like MOBAs and so it is. I really like how they've simplified the structure while keeping most of the depth. The biggest thing that kept me out of MOBAs proper was the ridiculous upgrade shops which were impossible to navigate unless you knew the characters and most of which were never used anyway. I always wondered why they weren't replaced by a simple skill tree: here, they are. And I like the team XP thing too, so everyone levels up at the same time.

But after a few games it started to sour on me, through no real fault of the game itself. MOBAs are very much a team effort. If you can't co-ordinate a team, it's deeply frustrating. And they also lack the all-important feedback loop that makes games addictive: it's so much down to teamwork that it's hard to tell whether you, individually, are playing a good game or not, so it's hard to improve.

I got fed up playing alongside atomised teams of complete strangers. I guess MOBAs just aren't for me.

More
24 Jul 2017 09:01 #251565 by Sevej
Replied by Sevej on topic Let's Talk- Blizzard
My frustration with HotS is actually how each map has their own objective, which is a good concept, but actually one more hurdle to pass since you need even better teamwork with that.

BTW, that thing about team effort is not solely HotS issue. Now I refuse to play Overwatch unless I have at least a friend online.

More
24 Jul 2017 09:05 #251566 by Jackwraith
Replied by Jackwraith on topic Let's Talk- Blizzard
That's totally understandable. Like you, I never got into DotA2 or League because I was put off by the item shops and their rather mundane application (Aegis of the Legion sounds like it should do something more interesting than +30 Armor and +30 Magic Resist.) But Heroes was appealing not just because I was familiar with all the characters, but the different playstyles generated by talent selection seemed more meaningful. That's only increased as the devs have stripped out most of the universal talents (Sprint, Blood for Blood, Envenom) and replaced them with hero-specific versions, if not simply removing them entirely.

But, yes, unlike other MOBAs, Heroes is extremely team-reliant. You can't really "carry" as you can in similar games because everyone's XP rises together and there are no defined map areas (lane-specific, jungler, etc.) for each players. People frequently roam all over each battleground and band together from the beginning of the game to the end. In fact, some battlegrounds essentially require this in order to be played well. If your team doesn't know how to play the map, they'll almost always lose to the team that does, even if your draft or Quickmatch composition is better or your individual players are better.

Howevah, I will say that if you can find just one other person to play with, you can do much better in Quickmatch, Unranked, and Team League (Hero League is solo queue-only.) Just having one other person who knows how to play and with whom you can easily communicate and coordinate improves your results significantly. I can hop into Quickmatch alone and it's a total crapshoot as to whether my teammates will know what they're doing and will cooperate with each other. That makes winning a 50-50 proposition. But I can queue up with my friend, Mike, and we win 3/4 of our games. Just that one person is enough, not only to coordinate on maps (people will often follow someone who looks like they know where they're going) but also in the draft for Unranked and Team League, since one person suggesting a better pick can be dismissed, but two people saying the same thing are more convincing.

I get it if you say MOBAs aren't your thing. But if you'd like to try again and want a decent player to run around with, I'm Jackwraith#1816. Stonecutter is on pretty regularly, too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matt Thrower

More
06 Aug 2017 17:52 - 06 Aug 2017 18:04 #252179 by Colorcrayons
I lost track of how many farm runs I have made on the ps4 to the caverns of frost, but I would say a conservative estimate is about 120 runs in the past month.

But today, the Gibbering Gemstone is now mine and the staff of herding complete.

Its a really stupid goal, but I haven't had such a sense of satisfaction playing a video game in very a long time. My gf was in the next room and she was quite underwhelmed by what I was hooting about. "Oooh you have a gibbering gemstone. Have sex with me now, stud."

FYI, I was completely off line, playing a 57th level mage (paragon 170) on torment 1. This likely didn't affect my probability, but there you go. The one main difference to other runs was that this bounty specifically said "Kill Chiltara". Take that for what it is worth.
Last edit: 06 Aug 2017 18:04 by Colorcrayons.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, Hex Sinister

More
06 Aug 2017 19:06 #252182 by Gary Sax
Replied by Gary Sax on topic Let's Talk- Blizzard
^I feel you. I had one of those moments platinuming Dark Souls 3, even though it involved mind boggling grinding.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.266 seconds