October 09, 2023
2476 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2681 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about whatever you like related to games that doesn't fit anywhere else.

'Cos I'm tired of people attempting to trade me a paperclip for it...

More
26 Feb 2008 21:37 - 26 Feb 2008 21:38 #3444 by Rliyen
Since I hardly play it, and I'm fucking tired of double D bags trying to trade me the equivalent of pocket lint for it (some idiot actually tried to offer MUNCHKIN FU for it), I have a nigh pristine copy of Samurai Swords that needs a new home.

I'm open for selling/trading it.

Why, you may ask? Several reasons, actually.

1) I'm out of my Nihon Jidai.
2) Well, I have Blood Feud in New York. Minus the bidding for the ninja and other window dressing, they're practically the same as far as I'm concerned.
3) The game's been played approximately twice since I bought it in 1999.

So, there you have it.

What I'm interested in trading for:

Descent
Arkham Horror and one expansion.
OBO that you can throw at me. My trade list is pretty attainable.

Selling: $40 plus shipping. I did an inventory of the game and it's got all the pieces and only minor box wear. I'll post photos for people who are interested.
Last edit: 26 Feb 2008 21:38 by Rliyen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Feb 2008 10:51 #3483 by Malloc
$40 for this is one hell of a great deal.

-M

More
27 Feb 2008 11:24 #3486 by jeb
Damn, I know, but I know I wouldn't get to play it either. I had this game (Shogun, then) for YEARS, and played it two or three times, tops. It's fun, and really well done, but it's time that I won't see for years at this point.

More
27 Feb 2008 12:43 #3491 by Rliyen
Malloc wrote:

$40 for this is one hell of a great deal.

-M

Consider it a "perk" for an F:AT member. I don't have any gumption to play the damn thing, and I feel a member of this community would have more fun with it than any john doe would have on the Site That Shall Not Be Named.

More
27 Feb 2008 13:03 #3492 by Darilian
I got a copy of Supremacy and a couple of the expansions I could trade you for it, Rliyen....(Boomers, Pieces for Warlords of the Neutral Zones.)

No Arkham Horror, I'm afraid. I DO have Creatures and Cultists though.

Darilian

More
27 Feb 2008 13:21 #3496 by Rliyen
Darilian wrote:

I got a copy of Supremacy and a couple of the expansions I could trade you for it, Rliyen....(Boomers, Pieces for Warlords of the Neutral Zones.)

Darilian

I already have Supremacy, along with Boomers and Warlords.

I'll hafta to take a looksee at C&C, can't do it from work. BGG's blocked.

More
27 Feb 2008 14:37 - 27 Feb 2008 14:41 #3498 by Darilian
Rliyen wrote:

Darilian wrote:

Darilian

I already have Supremacy, along with Boomers and Warlords.

I'll hafta to take a looksee at C&C, can't do it from work. BGG's blocked.

Problem with doing a swap with an AT fan- everyone has everything....! *lol*

Creatures and Cultists is just a little card game- you run your own cult to a monster. Its fun, but not worth a Samurai Swords in and of itself.

Lets see...I have an SPI Fortress:America game that I'm never going to play. I can do a piece count and make sure that everything is in it- I got it used, but never played it. So on a scale of 1-5, Id say the condition is a 3 at first glance. Interested in an old collectible? Or are you looking for something you can PLAY....

I also have an extra unpunched Empires in Arms game....

Darilian
Last edit: 27 Feb 2008 14:41 by Darilian.

More
27 Feb 2008 14:50 #3501 by ChristopherMD
A single paperclip for such a game would be an insulting offer. I'll trade you an entire unopened box of large paperclips for it. I'll even toss in a few small paperclips as a bonus. :-)

More
27 Feb 2008 15:12 #3502 by Rliyen
Mad Dog wrote:

A single paperclip for such a game would be an insulting offer. I'll trade you an entire unopened box of large paperclips for it. I'll even toss in a few small paperclips as a bonus. :-)

*snerk*

My thoughts exactly!

Seriously, I was downright insulted by the "Munchkin Fu plus whatever I have (which was stuff I had ZERO INTEREST in)."

I also got tired of trying to trade it to people who wouldn't respond. Or, they would respond several weeks later with a subpar offer, possibly not even realizing that I had previously tried to trade with them. No response to my offer of a trade? Then, you're off my trade list, period. Declining a trade? Fine, great! At least you considered it. Not responding at all? Bad user, no trades for you!

More
27 Feb 2008 15:33 - 27 Feb 2008 15:34 #3505 by ChristopherMD

Rliyen wrote:Seriously, I was downright insulted by the "Munchkin Fu plus whatever I have (which was stuff I had ZERO INTEREST in)."

I also got tired of trying to trade it to people who wouldn't respond. Or, they would respond several weeks later with a subpar offer, possibly not even realizing that I had previously tried to trade with them. No response to my offer of a trade? Then, you're off my trade list, period. Declining a trade? Fine, great! At least you considered it. Not responding at all? Bad user, no trades for you!

I've not responded to trade offers a few times before. When someone sends me an offer to trade for a game I owned but isn't on my trade list, its best for me to ignore them. Because calling them a fucktard who can't follow trading rules that are simpler than scoring roads in Carcassonne would only add to my time they're wasting.

But Munchkin Fu? It better be made from solid gold and dipped in chocolate AND peanut butter. Then traded for another game that will become the real offer.
Last edit: 27 Feb 2008 15:34 by ChristopherMD.

More
27 Feb 2008 16:12 #3509 by Rliyen
Mad Dog wrote:

Rliyen wrote:Seriously, I was downright insulted by the "Munchkin Fu plus whatever I have (which was stuff I had ZERO INTEREST in)."

I've not responded to trade offers a few times before. When someone sends me an offer to trade for a game I owned but isn't on my trade list, its best for me to ignore them. Because calling them a fucktard who can't follow trading rules that are simpler than scoring roads in Carcassonne would only add to my time they're wasting.

But Munchkin Fu? It better be made from solid gold and dipped in chocolate AND peanut butter. Then traded for another game that will become the real offer.

Oh, I agree with your sentiment about trade offers for stuff not on your trade list. I'm talking about stuff ON the block, yet people can't be bothered to respond to your offer.

Yeah, the guy had MF (which I'm interested in) and a bunch of crap that did nothing for me. At the time, I had PM'ed an offer for trade to some other schmoe, but LIKE CLOCKWORK, he didn't respond. I told Fu boy that it was temporarily off the table due to a trade offer.

More
27 Feb 2008 17:28 #3517 by southernman
You just need to find another loud Kiwi across an ocean and they'll find something for you !

More
27 Feb 2008 17:31 #3518 by Rliyen
Southernman wrote:

You just need to find another loud Kiwi across an ocean and they'll find something for you !

Tom, you know I'd trade it to you in a heartbeat if I knew you didn't already have it. I know it's a grail game to some, which leaves me dumbfounded as to why it's still in my collection gathering dust.

More
27 Feb 2008 17:37 #3519 by southernman
I'm in a good gaming situation at the moment - joined a newish club last year with younger members but who like mainly minis or AT games, and most don't have too many games so me and another guy get to supply the games and run the sessions - which means we get to play (most of the time) games we want to play. Have got Roborally and Risk: Star Wars Original out recently and have scheduled in Fortress America and hopefully Shogun (and maybe even A&A). Once thru those then some GW classics like Blockmania and Space Crusade and, if God is smiling on me, maybe even Kingmaker .... it's not even a case of education as they all love dice, conflict, and theme.

More
27 Feb 2008 17:57 #3521 by southernman
Rliyen wrote:

Southernman wrote:

Tom, you know I'd trade it to you in a heartbeat if I knew you didn't already have it. I know it's a grail game to some, which leaves me dumbfounded as to why it's still in my collection gathering dust.

[/i]

I've even got a spare copy of Shogun, to go with my unplayed Samurai Swords (don't ask - too many bloody eurogamers in the last 7 years), that I picked up on eBay last year for about £8 ($15) 'cos it pained me to see it neglected. It'll go to a good home once I find someone who really enjoys the game.

Hey Scott - thanks again for the effort of getting that copy of Risk: SWOT over to me ... little did I know that it would finally arrive in UK shops about 3mths later for £25 (more than what you got it for me for), and now it is on Amazon for £10 + postage, and in my local TK Max for £12.99 :-)

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds