MB
Michael Barnes
November 15, 2021
1530 0
B
BradHB
November 12, 2021
550 0
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about whatever you like related to games that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Mr. Moneybags gets fed up...

More
06 Mar 2008 02:39 #3853 by mikoyan
Tired of being dissed there...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Mar 2008 02:46 #3855 by Mr Skeletor
You should have submitted that to snapshots!

More
06 Mar 2008 08:54 #3859 by mikoyan
Mr Skeletor wrote:

You should have submitted that to snapshots!

But what can I do?????? (In best Homer Simpson voice)

this one was actually fun creating....Especially since Hasbro/Parker Brothers was kind enough to provide me with a Mr. Moneybags in the right pose.

More
06 Mar 2008 10:53 #3860 by jeb
Replied by jeb on topic Re:Mr. Moneybags gets fed up...
I feel obliged to point out that mikoyan's BGG account has the terrible cartoon front and center.

More
06 Mar 2008 11:25 #3862 by mikoyan
jeb wrote:

I feel obliged to point out that mikoyan's BGG account has the terrible cartoon front and center.

I'm confused...

More
06 Mar 2008 11:37 #3863 by Michael Barnes
So am I. Is this supposed to be some kind of website where MONOPOLY is rated poorly or something? People love MONOPOLY, it's one of the most important and well-known games in history. I don't really play it, but certainly people really into board games would at least appreciate its significance. Like how I hate Blues music but respect and appreciate its influence. It looks like there's a cartoon with porcupines on it...what does that have to do with anything?

Would Mr. Moneybags really be a Tec-9 shooter though? I see him more as a Sig-Sauer man, or maybe even really taking it to the hood with a couple of Mac-10s. Hell, he's got the money, why wouldn't he just go all out with the paired MP-5 solution?

More
06 Mar 2008 13:19 #3868 by mikoyan
I can appreciate the significance of Monopoly, but I have to agree with the sentiments of many of the folks on BGG in that it gives you pretty limited choices. I mean, you land on a property and you buy it if you can. I would imagine the auction could change that a bit. If you get a monopoly before anyone else, you have a pretty distinct advantage. Despite all that, it can be a fun game with the right people and I don't think it deserves the low rating it gets.

More
06 Mar 2008 13:40 #3871 by vialiy
Monopoly's rating is understandably low, but the problem is as Barnes mentioned, there is no respect for the game whatsoever. Ratings-wise, I've always been more impressed by the poor showing of Chess (196th rank) and the curious Go-centric culture (27th).

More
06 Mar 2008 14:09 #3874 by mikoyan
vialiy wrote:

Monopoly's rating is understandably low, but the problem is as Barnes mentioned, there is no respect for the game whatsoever. Ratings-wise, I've always been more impressed by the poor showing of Chess (196th rank) and the curious Go-centric culture (27th).

Internet geeks always seem to have an Asian bias.

I've never played Go, so I don't have an opinion about it one way or another. I like Chess but I haven't played in years.

More
06 Mar 2008 15:44 #3876 by jeb
Replied by jeb on topic Re:Mr. Moneybags gets fed up...
I was just pointing out that you control what modules are displayed on BGG--the cartoon should not be one of them.

Back on topic!

Monopoly isn't fun. It's a damn slog. It's very much a product of its time: the Great Depression. Everyone is out of work (lots of free time!) and frigging poor (I wanna be a landlord!). If you have 3.5 hours to kill, Monopoly is the game for you. Plus you'll be humping poor folks, JUST LIKES YOUZ GOT HUMPED!

It reminds me of "desserts" like Indian Pudding--obviously only a culture that has never experienced ice cream could consider a dish like this dessert.

We can "respect" the historical impact of Monopoly without wanting to play it--I thought that was how those ratings got doled out. I could see a lot of folks giving chess a 1 if they never want to play it.

More
06 Mar 2008 16:26 #3877 by Mr Skeletor
You know, that picture would have been 30% funnier if you added "motherfuckers" to the end of it.

More
06 Mar 2008 16:29 #3878 by mikoyan
Mr Skeletor wrote:

You know, that picture would have been 30% funnier if you added "motherfuckers" to the end of it.

Well, it was in response to that other site and I didn't feel like creating two versions of it. Although, could have doubled the geek gold or something....

Anyways, it was fun creating....

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds