October 09, 2023
2488 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2688 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about whatever you like related to games that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Any weekend game plans?

More
15 Mar 2008 12:46 #4170 by bobby_5150
Way to go Chappy. May you two have lots of happy little ATer's.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Mar 2008 13:00 #4171 by ubarose
Replied by ubarose on topic Re:Any weekend game plans?
Mozaltov Monkey Boy!

More
15 Mar 2008 13:08 #4172 by ubarose
Kriz wrote:

And ubarose, I'm not going to tell you how to raise your kids, but the road to LARPing is a dangerous one, imho. :P

HA! I keep telling myself that all little girls play dress-up, and she will out grow it.

More
15 Mar 2008 13:12 #4173 by Chapel
Replied by Chapel on topic Re:Any weekend game plans?
Thanks for all the well wishers.

She isn't a gamer, and that's OK! She has her hobbies and I have mine. The downside is that the wedding has severely curbed my game purchases this season. So it'll be nice when it's a done deal! ;)

More
15 Mar 2008 14:47 #4174 by Ken B.
Replied by Ken B. on topic Re:Any weekend game plans?
You should totally do this:

When the priest/rabbi/city councilman says, "Do you take this woman to be your lawuflly wedded wife?" You respond, "I bid three."

More
15 Mar 2008 14:50 #4175 by moss_icon
Man, Euro weddings. You have to impress the priest, score points on the wedding cake track, and place cubes on each others fingers.

More
16 Mar 2008 03:11 #4177 by Lagduf
Replied by Lagduf on topic Re:Any weekend game plans?
Kriz wrote:

Yes, I think its more likely the basic game looked like the pic ubarose posted...I think if you find one of the red or blue box sets from the 80s in a bargain bin brand new, you could probably make a lot of money online.

I'm personally not a big fan of the miniatures game that D&D is becoming. If you're interested in starting up a game, I would try and find someone with a good personality who already plays the game....maybe easier said than done.

And ubarose, I'm not going to tell you how to raise your kids, but the road to LARPing is a dangerous one, imho. :P

It was definitely a newer box.

I might by it just for the components.

I'm not really in to roleplaying, but i've been considering it more as of late - though I'd preferably not doing something in a fantasy setting.

Something steampunk would be cool, or an rpg set in America during the late 1800s during the "Age of Wonders" where people like Tesla and Edison are pushing the boundaries of science. Where electricity is starting to appear in the form of electric lights, etc.

I did, however, manage to play Railroad Tycoon this Saturday.

I played on the Rails of Europe map with 4 players - 3 experienced and one person new to the game.

We had one of those goods cube draws where it seems like every cube was on the city of it's own color, meaning you would have to travel pretty far to make a delivery.

With four people the map seemed pretty crowded, and this map was definitely tougher and perhaps more agressive in that you could block a little easier or at least steal where someone else wanted to build.

Overall good stuff.

Maybe this map is best with 3?

More
16 Mar 2008 06:25 #4178 by southernman
Lagduf wrote:

I played on the Rails of Europe map with 4 players - 3 experienced and one person new to the game.
We had one of those goods cube draws where it seems like every cube was on the city of it's own color, meaning you would have to travel pretty far to make a delivery.
With four people the map seemed pretty crowded, and this map was definitely tougher and perhaps more agressive in that you could block a little easier or at least steal where someone else wanted to build.
Overall good stuff.

Maybe this map is best with 3?

[/i]

Tend to agree here - our game was a 5-player and I really got shafted by building myself in on a smaller network and then having nothing to ship in the last half of the game.

More
16 Mar 2008 08:08 - 16 Mar 2008 08:18 #4179 by KingPut
Replied by KingPut on topic Re:Any weekend game plans?
Wish Malloc a Happy Birthday!!!!

It was Malloc and Malloc's brother Bobbytweeks Birthday bash weekend. Saturday the party started about noon and I left about 2:30 AM. All together there were about 15 or 16 people who came by at some point. The games I played included: Six player Ti3. I played the Embers of Muaat which was a lot fun with the Warsuns blowing up everything in their path. I came all the way back from dead last to end up in a 3 way tie with Malloc's Jol-Nar and Sol. But the birthday boy won the tie breaker.

After the 6 hour epic Ti3 and a few beers we lighted things up with Sabatour and Cash n' Guns. We had a blast with Cash n' Guns until Bobbytweeks knocked over a cup of coffee (at least it could have been beer or whisky) trying to shot the one of the guys we thought was the Narc. Next, we play wanted to play the ponies so played Win, Place and Show.

My plans for Sunday, Sleep. Also only, 45 days until Trashfest.
Last edit: 16 Mar 2008 08:18 by KingPut.

More
16 Mar 2008 08:30 - 16 Mar 2008 08:31 #4180 by KingPut
Replied by KingPut on topic Re:Any weekend game plans?
I picked up the old Red boxed D&D basic game for my daughter Ghost last year for $1.00. I have to have her DM for Uba's and my father (her grandfather) just so we can here him yell like a little girl "run away, run away" everytime we run into a monster.

I bought Eurorails about 3 weeks ago. I haven't gotten it on the table yet because to busy playing real trash like Starcraft and Ti3 rather than Wallace trash. But I realy want to play this soon.
Last edit: 16 Mar 2008 08:31 by KingPut.

More
16 Mar 2008 09:38 #4181 by JoelCFC25
I had intended on playing a game of 1960 on Friday night but we ended up playing Wii instead. Now my parents are in town from Illinois for the weekend, so the only real prospect for a game will be SORRY! (my dad has a completely inexplicable affinity for that damn game).

More
16 Mar 2008 19:41 #4183 by PseudoIntellectual
moss_icon wrote:

Man, Euro weddings. You have to impress the priest, score points on the wedding cake track, and place cubes on each others fingers.

Hah!

More
17 Mar 2008 03:13 #4188 by Horacio Silva
moss_icon wrote:

I'm getting the willies thinking about the typical AT wedding (maybe any average wedding in my family).

Welcome to the club Chap.

P.S. Are you kidding Uba? The weekend is the busiest time of the week at work.

More
17 Mar 2008 08:18 #4189 by southernman
Ending up doing a Tide of Iron scenario with one of the guys on Sunday afternoon so a good finish to the weekend - except my tactics stunk and I had my ass kicked in half the number of rounds (Tip: when your Panzers and Tiger have a big range advantage, DON'T race them up close to duke it out when outnumbered 3-1 by Shermans).

More
17 Mar 2008 09:57 #4190 by ubarose
My friend canceled on us, so the Man and I ended up playing Runebound together. I used the inspired "strategy" of "get knocked out every second or third turn." I was playing Mad Carthos, so by the end of the game, what with all that head trama, he was totally insane. He went charging after the Dragonlords and somehow managed to defeat three of them, mostly as the result of a string of bad rolls and unfortunate draws by the Man.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds