October 09, 2023
2451 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2654 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about whatever you like related to games that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Shameless plug: ebaying a few ameritrash-y games of interest

More
03 Apr 2008 03:51 #4597 by username
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZsquigherder

(Don't ban me for this!)

Some real gems in there, 1st edition space hulk, deathwing, genestealer, Fury of dracula limited edition, plague and pestilence, Siege of the citadel, wrasslin, starship trooprs, and some other stuff nobody here would be interested in.

One of my friends already freaked out after he saw what I was selling, but I managed to talk him down by telling him I was keeping the PLAY COPIES. I'm just reducing my Delta Burke-esque largess before I get lost in it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2008 04:41 #4600 by billyz
Dude, you are fucking KILLING me...

Complete Deathwing with figs still on the sprues?

I have to fix the deck and drain in front of the garage,a nd I gotta pay for my daughter's baptism and reception (it's a Greek thing, i.e: it's ten times as complicated and expensive as it sounds)... and I don't know if I can resist bidding on this thing.

Hey, maybe I can convince the better half to cut cosmetics out of the budget for the next while-- finally owning a copy of Deathwing might just take my mind of the innevitable absence of nookie.

More
03 Apr 2008 09:47 #4610 by Chapel
Man, that is a tough sell you have there. Almost heretic. ;)

More
03 Apr 2008 11:39 #4623 by Michael Barnes
Squig, why did you waste your time with Ebay? I would have given you _$20_ for the lot _and_ paid shipping. None of those astronomical Ebay fees and you'd avoid the shame of POSSIBLE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.

More
03 Apr 2008 14:11 #4638 by jeb
Well, the snipes are set. 10 days auction? For reals, yo?

More
03 Apr 2008 16:10 #4651 by username
Barnes: Yeah I wish things were like the old days of Ebay......at least for me. Dealings were simple, people were honest, jerks were rare. I shudder to think what I may have gotten myself into with that many auctions, the law of averages is waiting in the wings!

Jeb: Sorry about the ten day auctions! Did I violate some sort of unwritten social contract? It was really about getting them to end after I have some stuff taken care of at home. Besides, it gives you a few extra days to ponder the joy of owning Signed Munchkin.

More
03 Apr 2008 16:17 #4652 by Michael Barnes
Well here's our chance, Squig, let's turn the tide right here on F:AT. I'll tell you what. I'll give you _$25_ for those Space Hulk items alone. That's _$25_ for what is essentially a thrift store game. Together, let's make a stand against the jerkery of Ebay and return to the honest days of Usenet-style dealings!

More
03 Apr 2008 16:46 #4653 by LilRed
Are you sure you only ship to the US and Canada? With the dropping dollar and all I could offer you some tasty dutch euro's? (not games, im talking cold hard cash here)

More
03 Apr 2008 16:50 #4654 by username
I'd love to help you out, but after your recent Vasel-vomiting over 54mm, I'm sorry to say these games are just too small scale to be compatible with your new favored size for minis gaming.

Seriously though: I think it's obvious I'm a man with a problem to have two copies of most of these games sitting around. I need a lot more then 25 dollars to fund my sickness in the future. Thanks for the offer anyway.

More
03 Apr 2008 17:01 #4655 by Michael Barnes

More
03 Apr 2008 17:01 #4656 by username
LilRed wrote:

Are you sure you only ship to the US and Canada? With the dropping dollar and all I could offer you some tasty dutch euro's? (not games, im talking cold hard cash here)

With my last paypal e/bay experience I got burned by a chargeback when the guy obvously got the item.
(Five or six days after I shipped it he e-mails me saying, well my stuff didn't show and you didn't get a tracking number so I'm getting a refund. Hmm... he didn't even wait to ask if I had a number, he somehow already knew I didn't, and he gave up after only five days)

To ship worldwide I'd need to be able to verify delivery since claiming a "paypal--you don't have a shipping number" refund is so easy anymore. Since I don't care to take the time to sort out which countries I can verify to, which I cannot and etc etc etc and soon my head explodes. BOOM!

I decided to keep it simple for myself and deal with getting less money due to less available bidders but with shipping issues mostly under control. I'm sorry I wish I could help you out. Perhaps you know a surrogate here who could bid for you?

More
03 Apr 2008 17:15 #4657 by jeb
Squigherder wrote:

Jeb: Sorry about the ten day auctions! Did I violate some sort of unwritten social contract? It was really about getting them to end after I have some stuff taken care of at home. Besides, it gives you a few extra days to ponder the joy of owning Signed Munchkin.

I'd say it's an unwritten social contract at this point. The vast VAST majority of bids come in the last few hours regardless of when you initiate the auction. I don't think three days or tens days makes a difference. Even week-long auctions get the stinkeye for the most part.

I doubt this will shock you, but Munchkin is not one of the items I'm sniping. You could probably piece it together from my Wantlist here , actually.

More
03 Apr 2008 19:31 #4665 by Mr Skeletor
WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!
YOU ARE SELLING SPACE HULK WITHOUT OFFERING IT TO ME FIRST???
YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE!
OWNING SPACE HULK + EXPANSIONS HAS ALWAYS BEEN MY DREAM!!!
IF I GET CANCER AND DIE TOMORROW HOW WILL YOU FEEL ASSHOLE!?!
DENYING ME MY DREAMS!?!
AFTER ALL I HAVE DONE FOR YOU!!!
GET THE FUCK OFF MY MESSAGE BOARD AND GO DROWN IN THE CESSPIT OF FEEDBACK AND SHITTY SHIPPING RATES. I HOPE EBAY POURS ON SO MANY FEES YOU GO BROKE AND YOU ARE FORCED TO SELL YOUR BODY ON THE STREET FOR GEEK GOLD YOU PRICK!

More
03 Apr 2008 21:00 #4667 by Ken B.
To translate from the Aussie, I believe Frank says he's happy for you, and hopes you make a fortune on your sales.

More
03 Apr 2008 21:03 #4668 by Druen Kree
Wow someones full of piss and vinegar.......
You know what?
Come to think about it a little bit more and ya you are a prick for offering your gaming treasure trove to the unwashed masses of ebay!!

Didnt think that maybe you should of offered your wonderful bounty of gems to your fellow Ameritrashers first didja!!

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.648 seconds