October 09, 2023
2455 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2658 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about whatever you like related to games that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Anybody want to trade some stuff?

More
05 May 2008 16:55 #5836 by Michael Barnes
Egh, I've got that trading itch...and a couple of things lying around that I just don't see playing much any time soon. Some of them are decent enough games, just with limited space I'd rather bump the second tier stuff out to get some more first tier stuff in...If anybody has something they want to offer up, let me know...you know what I like, pretty much. Here's what I gots- all are pretty new-ish, I treat my games very nicely. Everything is complete:

Age of Gods (I didn't like it so much...but you might!)
Dust (pretty decent, actually...but not enough to make the cut)
1960 (Eh...)
Tyranno Ex (Come on, it's by the guy that did DIE MACHER)
Duel in the Dark (A really good game no one will ever play with me, maybe because it smells)
Cold War: CIA Vs. KGB (pretty neat card game that got old after about 10 plays- none of which I won)
HeroCard Orc Wars (with both expansion figures/decks..."best" of the HC games)
Babel (one of the better Kosmos "Games for Two" titles)
Starship Catan (2 player version of Starfarers)

I dunno...let me know what you got...waifs and strays accepted...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 May 2008 17:12 #5838 by Ken B.
Hey! You were supposed to sell me that Age of Gods until my Atlanta trip kept getting cancelled.

More
05 May 2008 17:24 #5843 by Michael Barnes
That was before you broke my heart, Ken.

More
05 May 2008 17:35 #5846 by Notahandle
I'll take Starship Catan off your hands if you pay me enough.

(Sorry Michael, the only two I'd be interested in I already have.)

More
05 May 2008 17:41 #5847 by Ken B.
Michael Barnes wrote:

That was before you broke my heart, Ken.

I'm sorry I left you, Michael...Will Kenyon was such a sweet talker.

More
05 May 2008 18:35 #5850 by Stephen Avery
Well i definately want Cold War. If no one else wants the otehr stuff , then perhaps i'll buy it too though my space is getting limited at home.

Steve"BargainHunter"Avery

More
05 May 2008 21:00 #5857 by mikelawson
Okay, I've been looking at my games in the basement, and I've come to the realization that I'm probably never going to play that copy of Machiavelli that I picked up when the announcement that AH got bought out by Hasbro made it to r.g.b. (It's been 10 years, for pete's sake.)

Anyone interested?

--Mike L.

More
05 May 2008 22:00 #5862 by metalface13
I'm kinda interested in HeroCard Orc Wars

I've got:
Wreckage
Scarab Lords
Arena Maximus
Mag Blast 3rd Edition
Star Wars Starship Minis

More
05 May 2008 22:03 #5864 by Michael Barnes
Avery- we'll work something out on CIA.

Mike L.- I'm definitely interested in Machiavelli...if you want anything, holler.

Metalface- What the hell, I'll swap you Orc Wars for that Mag Blast. PM if you want to set it up.

More
06 May 2008 00:09 #5867 by mikelawson
Mike--

I just checked, at it's the 1995 revision version of Machiavelli. Don't know if that matters. The inside is still pretty pristine, and it's unpunched.

I'm thinking either Dust, 1960 or Duel in the Dark, but haven't made up my mind yet. (Already got an AH version copy of Tyranno Ex, and the others are kind of so-so interesting.)

--Mike L.

More
06 May 2008 00:38 #5869 by Lagduf
Maybe this will catch someones eye:

I've got a copy of Tide of Iron i'd like to trade.

It just doesn't see enough play. I have too many Tactical WW2 games.

More
06 May 2008 03:33 #5873 by Schweig!
Michael Barnes wrote:

Avery- we'll work something out on CIA.

Mike L.- I'm definitely interested in Machiavelli...if you want anything, holler.

Metalface- What the hell, I'll swap you Orc Wars for that Mag Blast. PM if you want to set it up.

You never played Mag Blast!?

More
06 May 2008 10:31 #5879 by Stephen Avery
Oooo...Machiavelli! If you make the trade I want to play! That game has been on my list of games to try for years. From what I understand its like diplomacy but with even more options for backstabbery and capricious behavior...

Steve"PoisionRing"Avery

More
06 May 2008 12:00 #5888 by mikelawson
Yeah, it's got a bit more to it than regular old Dip. Unlike Dip, where I played via e-mail for years before I actually splurged on a home grown copy, I bought Machiavelli because I was interested in the "Dip + more" concept. However, I think I've only opened the box twice over the past 10 years until this weekend, so at this rate, I don't see the reason to hang onto it.

Mike, I'm thinking either 1960 or Duel in the Dark. What's up with the smell you mention?

--Mike L.

More
06 May 2008 12:00 #5889 by Dogmatix
Hey Barnes,

I'd love to take those 2 2-player [we call it the "Kosmos Games for Wife" series 'round here] titles off your hands. So, if you're looking for a sale, hit me with a price.

On the "something to offer" front, I'm afraid not much to offer in trade right now [though you're welcome to browse my trade list at that other place]. Staring at my shelves what I see are:
Colosseum [like most DoW titles, very pretty but not my cuppa]

For Honor and Glory [War of 1812 land and sea; from Worthington; unstickered--I'm just never going to get to this one]

Quebec 1759 [Columbia; stickered. Got over my hex-n-chit bias for cards, but blocks just don't seem to do it for me]

If you owned a copy of GMT's Rise of the Luftwaffe and/or 8th Air Force, I also have the Pacific Theater planes from Zero! and Hellcats & Corsairs along with an updated Action Deck [*far* superior in quality to the one that came in Rise of the Luftwaffe]. You'd need to get the 4 "Full Throttle" cards from H&C from GMT to make it 100% complete in the new style, but GMT has the cards and is extremely happy to help make your copy of their game complete [Sherry from GMT spent a half-day climbing through the upper reaches of their warehouse to find me the last 8thAF countersheet they had hiding in the place a while back].

[If Barnes doesn't want the DiF stuff, this also an open offer to any DiF freaks. I ordered replacement plane decks for Zero and H&C to get a 2nd action deck and then found a deal on NobleKnight that basically had 1.5 sets of RotL/8thAF cards and 2 more full sets of Zero!/H&C cards plus misc. bits from all sets [which I really needed to fill out my incomplete copies of RotL/8AF. I have now ended up with enough planes to fight the Pacific Theater of Operations air war in near-real numbers, so some have just got to go to somone who can use 'em. I'll repost this in the Wargames forum before posting to CSW next week if they're still around.]

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.323 seconds