October 09, 2023
2454 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2654 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about whatever you like related to games that doesn't fit anywhere else.

BGG down AND google group down

More
25 May 2008 12:38 - 25 May 2008 14:18 #7051 by maka
In what seems to be a great irony, just when BGG is down, the google group seems not to be working too. At least this is what I'm getting...

Edit: Scratch that... It's back up (the google group that is)

Maybe everyone will come here now ! :)

Edit: We can have a discussion about the meaning of the word irony! :p
Attachments:
Last edit: 25 May 2008 14:18 by maka.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 May 2008 15:09 #7155 by Shellhead
maka wrote:

Maybe we can just skip to the good part where we all laugh at Alanis Morrissette.

More
27 May 2008 15:26 #7158 by ChristopherMD
Shellhead wrote:

maka wrote:

Maybe we can just skip to the good part where we all laugh at Alanis Morrissette.

She's more talented than you are.

More
27 May 2008 15:32 #7159 by Deleted User 1

More
27 May 2008 21:37 #7170 by mikelawson
Get up, Rocky! Get up!

What? What?

Oh, now that's irony.

--Mike L.

More
28 May 2008 10:16 #7202 by Shellhead
Mad Dog wrote:

Shellhead wrote:

maka wrote:

I'm not a pop singer, and she isn't an accountant, but my career seems to be doing just fine these days. Hers? Not so much.

More
28 May 2008 11:07 #7206 by ChristopherMD
Shellhead wrote:

Mad Dog wrote:

Shellhead wrote:

maka wrote:

I'm not a pop singer, and she isn't an accountant, but my career seems to be doing just fine these days. Hers? Not so much.

She makes more money than you too.

More
28 May 2008 11:32 #7207 by Shellhead
Mad Dog wrote:

Shellhead wrote:

Mad Dog wrote:

Shellhead wrote:

maka wrote:

Maybe. Depends on whether she got a good deal with the record company on her early work. She hasn't done any recent albums that have been popular. Also, the music industry keeps hitting new lows each year, because increasing numbers of people have decided to stop paying for music and now just download it for free. I would actually be a little surprised if she made more money than me this year. Then again, I'm having a pretty good year, income-wise.

More
28 May 2008 12:01 #7210 by Ken B.
Shellhead wrote:

Maybe. Depends on whether she got a good deal with the record company on her early work. She hasn't done any recent albums that have been popular. Also, the music industry keeps hitting new lows each year, because increasing numbers of people have decided to stop paying for music and now just download it for free. I would actually be a little surprised if she made more money than me this year. Then again, I'm having a pretty good year, income-wise.

She had a top 10 hit as recently as 2004. Jagged Little Pill sold over 15 million domestically and she still receives residuals for that. Her songs get licensed for commercials and TV shows. She still tours.

I'd say Alanis is doing just fine.

More
28 May 2008 12:07 #7212 by ChristopherMD
Shellhead wrote:

Mad Dog wrote:

Shellhead wrote:

Mad Dog wrote:

Shellhead wrote:

maka wrote:

I'd be surprised if she made under 10 million the past year. Illegal downloads are overblown nowadays and there's also radio play, TV shows, movies, tours, videos, appearances, etc. without counting album sales. I know Britney makes 24 million a year still while doing nothing.

More
28 May 2008 12:18 #7214 by Ken B.
You guys are working on EPIC ZIGGURAT FAIL~!!

More
28 May 2008 13:02 #7215 by mikoyan
Shellhead wrote:

Mad Dog wrote:

Shellhead wrote:

Mad Dog wrote:

Shellhead wrote:

maka wrote:

She gets royalties from all those "You Can't Do That on TV" shows that they...

Never mind...

More
28 May 2008 13:17 #7218 by mikelawson
Shellhead wrote:

Mad Dog wrote:

Shellhead wrote:

Mad Dog wrote:

Shellhead wrote:

maka wrote:

Dude, five words: Accounting Department outsourced to India.

--Mike L.

More
28 May 2008 13:59 #7219 by Shellhead
mikelawson wrote:
Dude, five words: Accounting Department outsourced to India.

--Mike L.[/quote]

Nobody outsources the Controller. You want that guy in the same time zone, usually in the next office down the hall. The CEO that I work for now doesn't even pick up the phone when she wants to talk to me, she just raises her voice.

I will grant you that Alanis probably still makes more money than I do, assuming she didn't sign a bad contract like some rock stars have done. On the other hand, her career peaked more than a decade ago, and probably won't be getting better, ever. I've still got at least two good decades of my career left before the age discrimination begins, and I'm currently earning 30% more than I was at my previous job.

More
28 May 2008 14:12 #7220 by Shellhead
Here's a link to an interesting article written by an attorney who specializes in record contracts:

business.songstuff.com/articles.php?selected=78

It's an eye-opening look at how record labels gouge away at royalties with a variety of accounting and legal gimmicks. Even touring revenue doesn't all go to the musician.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds