October 09, 2023
2289 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2505 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about other nerd culture stuff in here.

No Man's Sky

More
13 Aug 2016 06:29 #231921 by Chaz
Replied by Chaz on topic No Man's Sky
Other than the game not streaming well to the Steam Link (which is a major bummer for me), I haven't run into any of the problems being reported. I left it at the default settings, and framerate's been very playable, no crashing, and I managed to get sucked in for three hours of wandering around.

That ain't saying it's perfect. The UI is a mess, the inventory management is as big a pain as reported, and they do such a lousy job teaching you how to play that I've still got icons on the screen that I'm clueless about. But I'm still liking it and want to get back into it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Aug 2016 09:56 #231924 by hotseatgames
Replied by hotseatgames on topic No Man's Sky
This doesn't sound like a game that rewards being an early adopter. And if the chances are so minimal of anyone ever visiting the Nipples nebula that I would create, what's the point?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
18 Aug 2016 16:16 #232371 by Legomancer
Replied by Legomancer on topic No Man's Sky
In case anyone still cares, I'm still playing this, though I need to get back to Uncharted 4.

I had been on this shitty planet I hated, where the temperature was crazy and storms would blow up all the time. Like every few minutes there'd be a storm and I'd either have to find shelter or feed all my zinc to my shield. I stuck around because I had found most of the animal species on it and wanted to find them all. Finally, I found the last animal when it rammed me in the ass. I scanned the thing and waved goodbye to this lousy world.

I then headed to another one in the same system and it turns out it was a HORRIBLE HELLSCAPE that had me pining for the relative joys of the place I'd just left. Toxic atmosphere, even more constant storms, swarming with aggressive sentinels. To make matters worse, my ship landed on top of a giant plant which I had to jump down from and then couldn't get back up on to. I died a few minutes later, named this nightmare DEATHWORLD 3000, and left.

I have finally found a nice planet, where the weather is decent, there's lots of flora and fauna, and it's not looking to kill me all the time. I can leisurely walk among the Dino-Ants and Anemone-horses while mining some decent minerals. It's quite pleasant for a change, and I'm going to call it POO WORLD so that I can have it all to myself.

Here is a pretty good review from Kotaku . I'm really glad I didn't know much about this game before I bought it. I didn't know anything about the hype and such, so I wasn't expecting The Most Amazing Game in The World.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jpat, Black Barney

More
18 Aug 2016 17:20 #232380 by jeb
Replied by jeb on topic No Man's Sky
I am thinking this game is like DESTINY. I appreciate all your hard work and effort, and will reap awesome rewards in a year when the game is a fundamentally new, better form.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuperflyPete

More
19 Aug 2016 09:18 #232407 by SuperflyPete
Replied by SuperflyPete on topic No Man's Sky
I was going to wait to get it until the first DLC, "Interesting Bits" released. Until then, flying around and exploring worlds for dick-faced horses doesn't sound like my cup of tea.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DukeofChutney

More
19 Aug 2016 13:23 #232435 by xthexlo
Replied by xthexlo on topic No Man's Sky
I'm enjoying NMS. I'm not sure why. Maybe because I like exploring and the planet I started on is pretty benign with lots of elements to mine. I play at night when it's quiet... the soundtrack and location (in game and RW) present a nice sense of isolation, which makes discovering something more meaningful for me. I'll continue playing for a time.

More
19 Aug 2016 22:27 #232467 by wadenels
Replied by wadenels on topic No Man's Sky
I like the sound of NMS, but I want it to have more discovery. There's a difference between exploring and discovering, and from what I'm reading NMS is heavy on the former and light on the latter. For now I'm waiting for a price drop and/or some added content.

More
21 Aug 2016 04:18 #232527 by panzerattack
Replied by panzerattack on topic No Man's Sky
As a note, you can invert the flight controls on the PS4. I think it's just an option in the controls section if you hit the options button.

More
23 Aug 2016 13:38 #232666 by Legomancer
Replied by Legomancer on topic No Man's Sky
last night I fed Heridium to animals until they pooped enough Chrysonite to upgrade my mining laser
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, Frohike

More
23 Aug 2016 13:39 #232667 by Black Barney
Replied by Black Barney on topic No Man's Sky
You get to collect poop like Matt Damon??
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike

More
23 Aug 2016 15:10 #232678 by SuperflyPete
Replied by SuperflyPete on topic No Man's Sky
Stop the shitposts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Frohike

More
23 Aug 2016 16:15 #232684 by the_jake_1973
Replied by the_jake_1973 on topic No Man's Sky
Legomancer is the very essence of a shitlord. Bravo!

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds