October 09, 2023
2289 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2505 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about other nerd culture stuff in here.

Let's Talk - Dumping Cell Phones

More
16 Nov 2016 08:13 #238544 by Mr. White

Hex Sinister wrote: I use Tracfone and it costs me fucking $70 annually. I got a new "smartphone" from them recently and it's just fine. Camera, mp3, etc. I mean, it's shit compared to expensive phones and doesn't have any memory (forget about playing Hearthstone or the likes) but I don't give a shit. I'm not paying a cent more for fucking cell service. As long as you don't use much data or minutes, it's SO cheap. Customer service is probably the worst I have ever encountered though.

You will need to buy a triple minutes for life card (or phone). It's cheap. After that just buy whatever minutes and service time you need online. You can add 1 year of service at checkout for like $55. Since I have over 1k minutes stored up (these don't expire unless you fuck up and don't renew) I just buy a 30 minute airtime ($10) and then add the year service.

I'm not sure if you can bring your own phone or not but I think so. You can get one of theirs for cheap.

Are you on one of these?
www.tracfone.com/direct/Purchase?payGo=t...app=TRACFONE&lang=en

We're also going to be addressing our ISP next...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Nov 2016 09:49 - 16 Nov 2016 10:00 #238557 by Mr. White
I fear Casey is right and following my behavior out to its logical conclusion...I'll be poking dead frogs.

Until then, I like to fool myself into thinking I'm a rogue badass...

Last edit: 16 Nov 2016 10:00 by Mr. White.

More
16 Nov 2016 14:24 - 16 Nov 2016 14:26 #238581 by Gary Sax
I use Google fi and it's fucking amazing, but I think I get what he wants. he doesn't even want the option of data so he's not sitting around staring at it phone when he's out and about.
Last edit: 16 Nov 2016 14:26 by Gary Sax.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries, Mr. White

More
16 Nov 2016 15:43 - 16 Nov 2016 15:44 #238601 by Msample

Shellhead wrote: We gotta dump these burners before the po-po get up on them with a wire.

Yo Shellhead, you got any minutes left ?
Attachments:
Last edit: 16 Nov 2016 15:44 by Msample.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shellhead

More
17 Nov 2016 16:48 #238686 by Hex Sinister

Mr. White wrote:

Hex Sinister wrote: I use Tracfone and it costs me fucking $70 annually. I got a new "smartphone" from them recently and it's just fine. Camera, mp3, etc. I mean, it's shit compared to expensive phones and doesn't have any memory (forget about playing Hearthstone or the likes) but I don't give a shit. I'm not paying a cent more for fucking cell service. As long as you don't use much data or minutes, it's SO cheap. Customer service is probably the worst I have ever encountered though.

You will need to buy a triple minutes for life card (or phone). It's cheap. After that just buy whatever minutes and service time you need online. You can add 1 year of service at checkout for like $55. Since I have over 1k minutes stored up (these don't expire unless you fuck up and don't renew) I just buy a 30 minute airtime ($10) and then add the year service.

I'm not sure if you can bring your own phone or not but I think so. You can get one of theirs for cheap.

Are you on one of these?
www.tracfone.com/direct/Purchase?payGo=t...app=TRACFONE&lang=en

Yep. Though I can't find a triple minutes card on there like they used to have. They even sell them at Walmart, etc. But if you buy one of their phones most do come with the x3 minutes feature.

Apparently smartphone plans don't triple but I think you only need to order those when you want data and texts. I haven't had to buy minutes since I got my new phone 2 months ago so I am not quite clear how that works, sorry. But you need to buy a chunk of minutes, ideally tripled, and then add a year of service at checkout (unless you go with a card that comes with a year service). It sounds confusing at first. After that just buy minutes and add the year airtime at checkout. I keep repeating the latter because it's hidden until you actually go to the checkout page. That's $49.99 +tax and shit. Do NOT auto-renew. They'll text you when your airtime gets low and the info is on the phone as well.

To be clear, this route only works if you don't gab a lot and your conversations are mostly, "Honey, pick up the kids from school for me and don't forget the tomatoes. Bye". I mean, not that brief but you get the idea. But I like this service because I don't have monthly bills and I just deal with it once a year and that's it. YMMV obv.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds