October 09, 2023
2290 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2507 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about other nerd culture stuff in here.

Who is into GUNPLA?

More
18 Apr 2018 20:31 #267780 by Sevej
Replied by Sevej on topic Who is into GUNPLA?
Naah, I've always liked the grunts best! That's why I picked 08th MS Team... even the Gundams are just line fighters. Elite, but not special or prototypes. The two unique mobile suits are not even that special. The Ez8 just had some extra power and armor, and the Gouf Custom a shield and multi-barreled machine gun (and a kick as pilot!)--the Apsalus doesn't count!

If I had my way, I'd pick 4 Zaku II and 1 Zaku I before I even touched Char's Zaku II. Or even some Rick Doms before I get Char's Gelgoog.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Apr 2018 20:49 - 18 Apr 2018 20:55 #267781 by Josh Look
Replied by Josh Look on topic Who is into GUNPLA?
I hear ya, I love the grunts myself, especially 08th MS Team, but I went and bought a MG Char’s Custom for a song today. They didn’t have a psycho, or the new HG Origin one, but I had a coupon that had to get used before it expired. This will be my first MG kit.

Definitely thinking the Freedom will be my next MG.

Sevej, you see this was coming out? I think it’s due this week.
Last edit: 18 Apr 2018 20:55 by Josh Look.

More
19 Apr 2018 01:39 - 19 Apr 2018 01:43 #267795 by Sevej
I know :(. It's so sad I'm not getting that one.

The thing is I already have 1, and the Ez8 (not yet completed).

(an attempt to have two-tones white and metallic frames)

And the next one I'm going to get is the ground war set for the command APC, for the GM-head, to complete the squad. And then Gouf Custom. And then Zakus, then Ground GM. Aaaargh... Other then the 08th MS Team & the Gouf... I think they'll just be panel lined and sprayed flat. But the four will definitely be re-painted.
Last edit: 19 Apr 2018 01:43 by Sevej.
The following user(s) said Thank You: barrowdown

More
19 Apr 2018 12:23 #267821 by barrowdown
Replied by barrowdown on topic Who is into GUNPLA?

Josh Look wrote: Definitely thinking the Freedom will be my next MG.

Freedom 2.0 is a great MG. I'd recommend getting a water-slide decal set. The stickers that come with it (not the dry transfers, which are fine) are very thick and have trouble going over some of the angled surfaces and keep popping up.

More
19 Apr 2018 14:11 #267842 by Black Barney
Replied by Black Barney on topic Who is into GUNPLA?
anyone else into ASSPLA?

More
20 Apr 2018 13:26 #267911 by allismom3
Replied by allismom3 on topic Who is into GUNPLA?

Black Barney wrote: anyone else into ASSPLA?

Apparently Ronnie the limo driver.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
21 May 2018 20:23 - 21 May 2018 20:34 #273848 by Sevej
Done with the 08th MS Team. Need to finish painting it.

Foremost is the Ez8, which is a Gundam Ground Type armored-up after suffering massive damage when tackling the Apsalus II, piloted by Ensign Shiro Amada, the team commander. On the back right is Chief Petty Officer Terry Sanders, the team's big gun. On the back left is Master Chief Petty Officer Karen Joshua. Her Gundam lost the head in an encounter with a Gogg, and replaced with a GM's. That earned it the nick name GM-head.

Not shown on the picture is the ground sonar-equipped hover truck crew, Petty Officer Eledore Massis & Petty Officer Michle Ninorich (they actually gave 2 of the hover trucks... so I probably need to collect another mobile suit platoon).

Also, finished a Gouf Custom in the office. It's the 08th MS Team's nemesis.

A very bad-ass looking mobile suit, with equally bad-ass pilot.
Last edit: 21 May 2018 20:34 by Sevej.
The following user(s) said Thank You: barrowdown

More
22 May 2018 10:42 #273867 by barrowdown
The Gouf Custom is a very nice looking model. The color scheme is great and a nice contrast to the usual hues.

More
22 May 2018 10:58 #273871 by Josh Look
Replied by Josh Look on topic Who is into GUNPLA?
I’ve got an HG Gouf sitting in my backlog along with HG Gyan and MG Freedom 2.0. Love the Gouf colors.

My MG Char’s custom is coming along. Just got the body all together this morning, still need to do weapons, panel lines, stickers, and any painting I want to do. I’ve slowed down a bit on building, but I’m still very much enjoying it!

I do think MGs are just right for me, but I’d like to try an RG out.

More
22 May 2018 11:31 #273874 by Michael Barnes
Replied by Michael Barnes on topic Who is into GUNPLA?
Yeah, we have that Gouf Custom. Definitely a favorite.

More
22 May 2018 13:56 #273891 by barrowdown

Josh Look wrote: I’ve got an HG Gouf sitting in my backlog along with HG Gyan and MG Freedom 2.0. Love the Gouf colors.

My MG Char’s custom is coming along. Just got the body all together this morning, still need to do weapons, panel lines, stickers, and any painting I want to do. I’ve slowed down a bit on building, but I’m still very much enjoying it!

I do think MGs are just right for me, but I’d like to try an RG out.

What are you looking for in an RG? (Tons of detail opportunities, cool gimmicks, interesting builds, etc.)

More
22 May 2018 20:40 #273908 by Sevej
Real Grade - Small parts, great detail, great color separation (means no incorrect color, also it may have several tone of a color--3 whites, 2 blues, etc), articulation gimmick (armor pieces moving when you move the joints), tons of realistic stickers.

Build could be interesting, but since the core inner frame are semi pre-built, it's not as involving.

The downside is that it tends to be fragile. Broken parts and white tension marks are not uncommon.

More
23 May 2018 10:59 #273925 by barrowdown
I've only broken one piece in an RG (part of the ankle guard in the MKII), yet I have had less white tension marks than I have had with some of the MGs. They are a little more fragile, but the most extreme cases are usually the transforming ones and those are also bombs as MG kits.

The line has been kind of moving away from the 100% pre-built inner frame and many of the later ones only use about half of it.

More
07 Jun 2018 20:05 - 07 Jun 2018 20:10 #274942 by Sevej
Half-done with my Mk-II! Need to sand and several stuff hasn't been panel lined (my black gundam marker decided to bail on me--it's missing its point). And then, stickers! Still not sure what top coat to use.

This is a really great kit! Anyone who's ever interested in building plastic kits should try real grade gunpla at least once.

Ok the funny thing with this grade... the build is somewhat complex, so it's good to have some experience on plastic kits or other gunpla. BUT. The end result is soooo good with minimal work, the out-of-the box appearance already awesome without painting etc (a lot of nubmarks were hidden), so in this regard it's great for beginner!
Last edit: 07 Jun 2018 20:10 by Sevej.

More
13 Mar 2019 04:10 #293733 by Sevej
So, yeah... back into gunpla since my daughter seems to enjoy the original series very much when I was watching it.

RX-78-2 HG from Gunpla Starter Set vol 2. Picked this instead of the newer revive because of the panel lining (and, ahem, gundam hammer).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Vysetron

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds