Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Talk about other nerd culture stuff in here.

TOPIC: Who is into GUNPLA?

Who is into GUNPLA? 18 Apr 2018 18:31 #267780

Naah, I've always liked the grunts best! That's why I picked 08th MS Team... even the Gundams are just line fighters. Elite, but not special or prototypes. The two unique mobile suits are not even that special. The Ez8 just had some extra power and armor, and the Gouf Custom a shield and multi-barreled machine gun (and a kick as pilot!)--the Apsalus doesn't count!

If I had my way, I'd pick 4 Zaku II and 1 Zaku I before I even touched Char's Zaku II. Or even some Rick Doms before I get Char's Gelgoog.
  • Sevej
  • D8
  • Thank you received: 843
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Who is into GUNPLA? 18 Apr 2018 18:49 #267781

I hear ya, I love the grunts myself, especially 08th MS Team, but I went and bought a MG Char’s Custom for a song today. They didn’t have a psycho, or the new HG Origin one, but I had a coupon that had to get used before it expired. This will be my first MG kit.

Definitely thinking the Freedom will be my next MG.

Sevej, you see this was coming out? I think it’s due this week.
  • Josh Look
  • D10
  • Thank you received: 1454
I'm ok with Ben Affleck playing Batman. At least there will be a better director on set.
Last Edit: 18 Apr 2018 18:55 by Josh Look.

Who is into GUNPLA? 18 Apr 2018 23:39 #267795

I know :(. It's so sad I'm not getting that one.

The thing is I already have 1, and the Ez8 (not yet completed).

(an attempt to have two-tones white and metallic frames)

And the next one I'm going to get is the ground war set for the command APC, for the GM-head, to complete the squad. And then Gouf Custom. And then Zakus, then Ground GM. Aaaargh... Other then the 08th MS Team & the Gouf... I think they'll just be panel lined and sprayed flat. But the four will definitely be re-painted.
  • Sevej
  • D8
Last Edit: 18 Apr 2018 23:43 by Sevej.
The following user(s) said Thank You: barrowdown

Who is into GUNPLA? 19 Apr 2018 10:23 #267821

Josh Look wrote:
Definitely thinking the Freedom will be my next MG.

Freedom 2.0 is a great MG. I'd recommend getting a water-slide decal set. The stickers that come with it (not the dry transfers, which are fine) are very thick and have trouble going over some of the angled surfaces and keep popping up.
  • barrowdown
  • D6
  • Thank you received: 341

Who is into GUNPLA? 19 Apr 2018 12:11 #267842

anyone else into ASSPLA?
  • Black Barney
  • D20
  • Thank you received: 3265
"We must let go of the life we had planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us." - Joseph Campbell

Who is into GUNPLA? 20 Apr 2018 11:26 #267911

Black Barney wrote:
anyone else into ASSPLA?

Apparently Ronnie the limo driver.
  • allismom3
  • D4
  • Thank you received: 76
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

Who is into GUNPLA? 21 May 2018 18:23 #273848

Done with the 08th MS Team. Need to finish painting it.

Foremost is the Ez8, which is a Gundam Ground Type armored-up after suffering massive damage when tackling the Apsalus II, piloted by Ensign Shiro Amada, the team commander. On the back right is Chief Petty Officer Terry Sanders, the team's big gun. On the back left is Master Chief Petty Officer Karen Joshua. Her Gundam lost the head in an encounter with a Gogg, and replaced with a GM's. That earned it the nick name GM-head.

Not shown on the picture is the ground sonar-equipped hover truck crew, Petty Officer Eledore Massis & Petty Officer Michle Ninorich (they actually gave 2 of the hover trucks... so I probably need to collect another mobile suit platoon).

Also, finished a Gouf Custom in the office. It's the 08th MS Team's nemesis.

A very bad-ass looking mobile suit, with equally bad-ass pilot.
  • Sevej
  • D8
Last Edit: 21 May 2018 18:34 by Sevej.
The following user(s) said Thank You: barrowdown

Who is into GUNPLA? 22 May 2018 08:42 #273867

The Gouf Custom is a very nice looking model. The color scheme is great and a nice contrast to the usual hues.
  • barrowdown
  • D6

Who is into GUNPLA? 22 May 2018 08:58 #273871

I’ve got an HG Gouf sitting in my backlog along with HG Gyan and MG Freedom 2.0. Love the Gouf colors.

My MG Char’s custom is coming along. Just got the body all together this morning, still need to do weapons, panel lines, stickers, and any painting I want to do. I’ve slowed down a bit on building, but I’m still very much enjoying it!

I do think MGs are just right for me, but I’d like to try an RG out.
  • Josh Look
  • D10
  • Thank you received: 1454
I'm ok with Ben Affleck playing Batman. At least there will be a better director on set.

Who is into GUNPLA? 22 May 2018 09:31 #273874

Yeah, we have that Gouf Custom. Definitely a favorite.
  • Michael Barnes
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Mountebank
  • HYPOCRITE
  • Thank you received: 7500

Who is into GUNPLA? 22 May 2018 11:56 #273891

Josh Look wrote:
I’ve got an HG Gouf sitting in my backlog along with HG Gyan and MG Freedom 2.0. Love the Gouf colors.

My MG Char’s custom is coming along. Just got the body all together this morning, still need to do weapons, panel lines, stickers, and any painting I want to do. I’ve slowed down a bit on building, but I’m still very much enjoying it!

I do think MGs are just right for me, but I’d like to try an RG out.

What are you looking for in an RG? (Tons of detail opportunities, cool gimmicks, interesting builds, etc.)
  • barrowdown
  • D6

Who is into GUNPLA? 22 May 2018 18:40 #273908

Real Grade - Small parts, great detail, great color separation (means no incorrect color, also it may have several tone of a color--3 whites, 2 blues, etc), articulation gimmick (armor pieces moving when you move the joints), tons of realistic stickers.

Build could be interesting, but since the core inner frame are semi pre-built, it's not as involving.

The downside is that it tends to be fragile. Broken parts and white tension marks are not uncommon.
  • Sevej
  • D8

Who is into GUNPLA? 23 May 2018 08:59 #273925

I've only broken one piece in an RG (part of the ankle guard in the MKII), yet I have had less white tension marks than I have had with some of the MGs. They are a little more fragile, but the most extreme cases are usually the transforming ones and those are also bombs as MG kits.

The line has been kind of moving away from the 100% pre-built inner frame and many of the later ones only use about half of it.
  • barrowdown
  • D6

Who is into GUNPLA? 07 Jun 2018 18:05 #274942

Half-done with my Mk-II! Need to sand and several stuff hasn't been panel lined (my black gundam marker decided to bail on me--it's missing its point). And then, stickers! Still not sure what top coat to use.

This is a really great kit! Anyone who's ever interested in building plastic kits should try real grade gunpla at least once.

Ok the funny thing with this grade... the build is somewhat complex, so it's good to have some experience on plastic kits or other gunpla. BUT. The end result is soooo good with minimal work, the out-of-the box appearance already awesome without painting etc (a lot of nubmarks were hidden), so in this regard it's great for beginner!
  • Sevej
  • D8
Last Edit: 07 Jun 2018 18:10 by Sevej.
Time to create page: 0.398 seconds