Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Talk about other nerd culture stuff in here.
  • Page:

TOPIC: NYE 2017 War Stories

NYE 2017 War Stories 30 Dec 2017 10:29 #259845

This is where you can post the stories of debauchery, gaming, lovemaking, furryism, or whatever crazy stuff happened this New Year’s Eve Weekend.

I shall begin.

Last night I drank my stocking stuffer, 90 proof Basil Hayden’s. Now, my wife drank everything else. I mean, blackout drunk. We FaceTimed my buddies in California and started planning on the April Bender Jamboree in Vegas. The wife was being obnoxuously drunk and it was hilarious. We discovered that its impossible to harmonize over Facetime...they were playing some Kenny Loggins on an acoustic Taylor and a mandolin, and I was on my strat on my end and singing along. Dumpster fire...they were hearing my side maybe a half second after I was hearing them. So, that didn’t work. They were smoking weed on their side as well as murdering a bottle of Angel’s Envy, so it devolved into a 30 minute discussion on what service we can find that has almost lagless video so we can play together. We discussed rolling fiber cable from my house to his and determined that to be impractical.

The wife disappeared after arguing with me about the fact that her math skills are negligible at best due to her misunderstanding that 650 per person doesnt mean she has to pay 1100 and I pay 650. It was hilarious.

I played some Comfortably Numb to honor her, then went to bed, to find her passed the fuck out. Unfortunately, in my stumblydrunk state, I forgot that I had moved the lounge chairs in our sitting area in the bedroom, and managed to simultaneously smash my ankle, shin, and balls, which led me to fold like a cheap lawn chair. I got up, stumble-limped to bed, and woke up 6 hours later (this morning at 10) to make the kids breakfast and take my oldest to the Taco factory for work. And drop stuff off at Goodwill. And get some firewood. And replenish the bourhon supply the wife so kindly depleted.

Wife got up as I was leaving, with a raging hangover, so I crannked the amp up and completely crushed her brain with the first Comfortably Numb solo. She did not remember half the night (It’s been YEARS since she got legit blackout drunk) but she did know that I was a white hot cunt for turning up the amp.

DAY 2 later tonight, or tomorrow morning.
  • SuperflyTNT
  • Harmless Potty-Mouth
  • SMH
  • Thank you received: 4529
youtube.com/watch?v=ZkHxIlNZTk4
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cranberries, Jackwraith

NYE 2017 War Stories 30 Dec 2017 15:27 #259854

I'm in deep. Post post party on the foist.
  • Pat II
  • D6
  • Thank you received: 110
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuperflyTNT

NYE 2017 War Stories 30 Dec 2017 16:42 #259856

We're going out on the eve to stargaze in the forest and then go hiking on the day. So... yeah not so much war stories.
  • Gary Sax
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Shelf Toad King
  • Thank you received: 3287

NYE 2017 War Stories 30 Dec 2017 16:50 #259857

Gary Sax wrote:
We're going out on the eve to stargaze in the forest and then go hiking on the day. So... yeah not so much war stories.

NAKED.
  • stoic
  • NOW ONLINE
  • D8
  • Cobra Kai!
  • Thank you received: 915
The following user(s) said Thank You: Not Sure, SuperflyTNT

NYE 2017 War Stories 30 Dec 2017 16:52 #259858

Using your junk as a sundial FTW
  • SuperflyTNT
  • Harmless Potty-Mouth
  • SMH
  • Thank you received: 4529
youtube.com/watch?v=ZkHxIlNZTk4
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

NYE 2017 War Stories 30 Dec 2017 17:09 #259860

« But Officer, i was lost. »
  • Black Barney
  • NOW ONLINE
  • D20
  • 10k Club
  • Thank you received: 3337
"We must let go of the life we had planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us." - Joseph Campbell
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuperflyTNT

NYE 2017 War Stories 31 Dec 2017 04:51 #259873

Tonight, I'll be tearing it up with seltzer water, watching the NFL, and going to sleep at 9:30. Not a huge party guy anymore.
MWChapel wrote: Euro's are trying to bring gaming to the level of competitive sports. Competition based on skill outweighs the basic theme driven escapism. Sport over entertainment.

Jeb wrote: If...

NYE 2017 War Stories 31 Dec 2017 06:17 #259874

We just bought a couch at Ikea that is normally $900, but it was marked down to $400, and then 25 percent off of that on Wednesday's "as is" discount day, to $300, paid for in part with boardgame sales. So we are going to watch a movie as a family, probably. We might have some cans of La Croix left over from Christmas.

Guess which family member lives in another state and never gave us a photo to use.

family_christmas_card2017-2_final.png
  • cranberries
  • NOW ONLINE
  • D10
  • Wait, are you sure?
  • Thank you received: 1493
Last Edit: 31 Dec 2017 06:18 by cranberries.

NYE 2017 War Stories 31 Dec 2017 06:24 #259876

LOL great photoshop!

And that’s some hairstyle you got there, I love it. « Barber, give me the Tommy Lee Jones from The Fugitive »
  • Black Barney
  • NOW ONLINE
  • D20
  • 10k Club
  • Thank you received: 3337
"We must let go of the life we had planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us." - Joseph Campbell
Last Edit: 31 Dec 2017 06:25 by Black Barney.

NYE 2017 War Stories 31 Dec 2017 08:28 #259880

When I drove home from gaming late last night, it was -10F. When I walked to the nearby grocery store this morning, it was -16F. Fortunately, I have no plans to go out tonight, and will be doing the netflix and chill thing with my girlfriend. Tomorrow, I am hosting boardgames, with a science-fiction theme.
  • Shellhead
  • NOW ONLINE
  • D20
  • Thank you received: 3554

NYE 2017 War Stories 31 Dec 2017 09:44 #259889

My daughter is having some of her friends over, and I'm having my brothers' families over for a semi-party sort of thing. Probably play some game or the other before ringing in the New Year. No nude nature hikes or anything - it's 2 F out there - not Shellhead cold, but cold for Columbus.
  • RobertB
  • NOW ONLINE
  • D6
  • Thank you received: 522

NYE 2017 War Stories 31 Dec 2017 10:22 #259891

I'll be pulling up a laminate floor, along with the particle board sub floor, sanding sheetrock mud, texturing it, then once my wife's friend arrives, be forced to play some games said friend received for Christmas (Settlers of Catan and Killer Bunnies). We'll probably go see a movie to avoid playing the latter, then tomorrow I get to continue ripping our house apart.

NYE 2017 War Stories 31 Dec 2017 10:27 #259892

Killer Bunnies is one of the very worst games that I have ever played.
  • Shellhead
  • NOW ONLINE
  • D20
  • Thank you received: 3554

NYE 2017 War Stories 31 Dec 2017 10:37 #259893

Shellhead wrote:
Killer Bunnies is one of the very worst games that I have ever played.
Yeah, despite having never played it, I assumed as much. My wife suspects that whoever bought her those games heard she was interested in board games and just gifted her what was the most visible, and not stuff she actually requested, so that's something.

NYE 2017 War Stories 31 Dec 2017 10:40 #259894

Due to shenanigans of last year where I blacked out and passed out on the bathroom floor, I am staying in to celebrate quietly tonight. My wife is fairly introverted, so the fewer celebrations the better in her mind. lol
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.297 seconds