October 09, 2023
2290 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2506 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about other nerd culture stuff in here.

NYE 2017 War Stories

More
31 Dec 2017 13:15 #259903 by Gary Sax
Replied by Gary Sax on topic NYE 2017 War Stories
It is depressing drought and record high temps in Flagstaff, which should have tons of snow right now. Hope my house doesn't burn down this summer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Dec 2017 16:50 #259911 by Not Sure
Replied by Not Sure on topic NYE 2017 War Stories
For the past few years, it's been "stay in with the kids and watch inappropriate movies".

This came about a few years ago when I discovered that Big Trouble in Little China was leaving Netflix on January 1, and said "we're watching this tonight!", despite my kids being a bit young (by my wife's iffy judgement on these things). I think it might still be among my younger son's favorite movies.

So each year we ratchet up the age level a bit and watch something new (usually some favorite from my mostly unsupervised early teens). I haven't quite decided on tonight's selections, though.

My wife mostly doesn't drink, and is on antibiotics for a sinus infection anyway. But I bought a new bottle of barrel aged Peychaud's bitters, so I'll be making myself a cocktail or two. I might even still have some absinthe for a proper Sazerac.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries, stoic

More
31 Dec 2017 17:53 #259916 by stoic
Replied by stoic on topic NYE 2017 War Stories

Not Sure wrote: For the past few years, it's been "stay in with the kids and watch inappropriate movies".

This came about a few years ago when I discovered that Big Trouble in Little China was leaving Netflix on January 1, and said "we're watching this tonight!", despite my kids being a bit young (by my wife's iffy judgement on these things). I think it might still be among my younger son's favorite movies.

So each year we ratchet up the age level a bit and watch something new (usually some favorite from my mostly unsupervised early teens). I haven't quite decided on tonight's selections, though.

My wife mostly doesn't drink, and is on antibiotics for a sinus infection anyway. But I bought a new bottle of barrel aged Peychaud's bitters, so I'll be making myself a cocktail or two. I might even still have some absinthe for a proper Sazerac.

I totally approve of the Sazerac cocktail. It's smooth as glass.

Salud!
à votre santé!
Huzzah!

More
31 Dec 2017 19:05 #259921 by SuperflyPete
Replied by SuperflyPete on topic NYE 2017 War Stories
My buddy Jay and the Fort’s own Brewmiester came over and played a game of BlackFleet; now I’m cutting up a pallet to burn in the fireplace...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Brewmiester, stoic

More
31 Dec 2017 19:12 #259923 by Black Barney
Replied by Black Barney on topic NYE 2017 War Stories
Im sitting in a McDonalds freezing my butt off, Emily is playing nicely in the play area. I feel like I’ve been staving off a second round of stomach flu for days now so just been taking it easy at home since everyone I know is really sick.

Tonight will have a nice snuggle with my little girl when she goes to bed since this is the last night of almost a week together for Xmas break, really nice.

I doubt I’ll be awake as the new year gets rung in and that’s okay with me :)

Happy new year you FAT basterds
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries, stoic

More
31 Dec 2017 23:14 #259928 by Brewmiester
Replied by Brewmiester on topic NYE 2017 War Stories
I survived the trip to TNT palace, met the lovely misses TNT and spawn, ate some excellent pizza, got my ass handed to me in Black Fleet by TNT buddy Jay. saw some beautiful terrain, and survived the trip back to the frozen north.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stoic

More
01 Jan 2018 00:14 #259929 by Michael Barnes
Replied by Michael Barnes on topic NYE 2017 War Stories
Went to an Indian restaraunt, came home and set off the best $19.99 fireworks box I have ever seen in my life, had donuts and Martinellis. Everybody but me fell asleep watching Michael Jackson’s Moonwalker. I’m about to go downstairs and make either a Corn n’ Oil or a Zombie. Maybe both.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Brewmiester, stoic

More
01 Jan 2018 00:52 #259931 by blatz
Replied by blatz on topic NYE 2017 War Stories
It’s a ball-shrinking -11 in Minneapolis so staying inside is the best way to stay alive. I cooked up some scallops for the wife and I and we put together a cheese and chocolate plate for dessert. Gonna relax in front of the TV and drink some nice wine until we pass out and wake up at 6 AM to the kids fighting about who’s allowed to play with whose Christmas presents.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stoic

More
01 Jan 2018 01:19 #259933 by Gary Sax
Replied by Gary Sax on topic NYE 2017 War Stories
Stayed home and played games all day today, a game of Eldritch and a game of Xia. Good NYE, only had one beer but had some good coffee this evening. Now she's asleep and I'm just chilling, it's a good life.

I love that my wife and I have a similar distaste for big NYE stuff. God, when I think back to how stressful NYE was with my ex-wife...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brewmiester, stoic

More
01 Jan 2018 09:35 #259950 by Msample
Replied by Msample on topic NYE 2017 War Stories
I can't remember the last time I went to a NYE "party". Its been at least 10 years.

Went over to a friend house, played Combat Commander all day and was home by 8PM. In bed around 11. It was so cold out most of the rednecks in my area didn't have their usual outdoor bonfire or set off fireworks. Or if they did, the wind and dampening effect of the snow muffled them because I didn't hear any.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brewmiester, stoic

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds