October 09, 2023
2454 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2655 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Buy your army to crush your enemies.

Games Workshop - Dread Fleet

More
28 Sep 2011 15:27 #104577 by OldHippy
Well, I'm just waiting. I'm assuming it will be in stock in the GW store near my home and I can just walk in there one day and buy it. If not, I guess I don't get one but I don't see why it would sell that quick. I did the same with Space Hulk and it had way more momentum.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Sep 2011 16:22 #104584 by Dogmatix

NeonPeon wrote: Hmm, interesting - www.thoughthammer.com/advanced_search_re...tegories_id=&x=0&y=0

I've received emails from a couple of the bigger online minis dealers like The War Store that indicated that they'd be stocking the game. I didn't investigate further, but they *may* be pushing it out at their standard 15-20% discount on GW products. Could be worth a look for those looking to save a few bucks.

More
28 Sep 2011 16:29 #104586 by Sagrilarus
Space Hulk went out to independent retailers.

S.

More
28 Sep 2011 16:53 #104588 by SuperflyPete

moofrank wrote: Pete. It isn't THAT bad.

It isn't like GW is selling to discounting retailers who are receiving shipments over the next few days and immediately selling them to customers so that those of us who ordered it direct from GW have to pay more AND end up getting it later.

Get later, I'm OK with. Pay more? Not so much.

And it isn't like GW witheld the option of nipping over to the new GW Atlanta store which opens on October 1st, so I could just pick it up there on Saturday.

Frank, you're blessed to have a great gaming area. Not so much here. In Kentucky, GW is most commonly associated with Bush! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fallen

More
28 Sep 2011 18:30 #104593 by moofrank
No kidding. The only places I EVER found to buy games when I was young were Thornbury's Toys (Lexington and Louisville) (They carried a bit of D&D and AH stuff), and one craft/hobby store out near Turfland Mall in Lexington that stocked a shelf or two of wargames.

That was IT. For all of Kentucky. And since my dad was a building product sales rep, he looked for hobby stores anywhere.

Only think I miss is Ma Blakeman's and the bourbon.

More
28 Sep 2011 18:32 #104594 by NeonPeon
Some news, or to rub salt in Superfly's wounds: Miniature Market has it on pre-order for $86.25, shipping not included, cited at $7 for me (in New York), free shipping threshold at $99. Call or email them as it's not on the web site for some reason.

More
28 Sep 2011 19:39 #104595 by Dogmatix

NeonPeon wrote: Some news, or to rub salt in Superfly's wounds: Miniature Market has it on pre-order for $86.25, shipping not included, cited at $7 for me (in New York), free shipping threshold at $99. Call or email them as it's not on the web site for some reason.

Generally speaking, if you discount GW products, you can't list the price on the website. Most places I've dealt with have you put the product in the cart and then they email you back with a price quote.

More
29 Sep 2011 00:10 #104613 by Brewmiester

moofrank wrote: No kidding. The only places I EVER found to buy games when I was young were Thornbury's Toys (Lexington and Louisville) (They carried a bit of D&D and AH stuff), and one craft/hobby store out near Turfland Mall in Lexington that stocked a shelf or two of wargames.

That was IT. For all of Kentucky. And since my dad was a building product sales rep, he looked for hobby stores anywhere.

Not sure when you were a "calf" but there was a store in Bowling Green that we used to make a pilgramage to from the hills and hollers of TN. They didn't have a regular store, just a house on the east side of town.

More
29 Sep 2011 13:48 #104644 by NeonPeon

Dogmatix wrote: Generally speaking, if you discount GW products, you can't list the price on the website. Most places I've dealt with have you put the product in the cart and then they email you back with a price quote.

MM seems to circumvent this restriction by listing all GW items on a downloadable Excel spreadsheet. Whether that would actually hold up should they get sued, I don't know. At any rate, Dreadfleet wasn't even on that spreadsheet.

More
30 Sep 2011 16:04 #104712 by sydo
Just got the game yesterday. Looks awesome but I don't know when I am going to play it as I am not a particularly fast painter :(

More
30 Sep 2011 16:08 #104713 by Matt Thrower

sydo wrote: Just got the game yesterday. Looks awesome but I don't know when I am going to play it as I am not a particularly fast painter :(

How did you managed that two days before the official release date? Let us know how it is ...

More
30 Sep 2011 16:10 #104714 by VonTush
I'm waiting for my copy myself - Traded a friend some Warmachine stuff and he ordered through The War Store, so I don't expect to see it until next week sometime...But how well do the pieces snap together? I have no ambition or time right now to actually paint the set but want to play ASAP. So I hope the pieces snap together without glue so I can take apart to paint at a later time to paint.

More
30 Sep 2011 16:12 #104715 by sydo
Sssh, that is a secret. I have good friends :)

More
30 Sep 2011 16:14 #104717 by sydo

LordVonTush wrote: I'm waiting for my copy myself - Traded a friend some Warmachine stuff and he ordered through The War Store, so I don't expect to see it until next week sometime...But how well do the pieces snap together? I have no ambition or time right now to actually paint the set but want to play ASAP. So I hope the pieces snap together without glue so I can take apart to paint at a later time to paint.

I haven't got the pieces out of their sprues yet but they look like they will click just like Space Hulk did. What surprised me that you have to paint the measuring tape as well :)

More
30 Sep 2011 16:45 #104724 by Almalik

Well, I'm just waiting. I'm assuming it will be in stock in the GW store near my home and I can just walk in there one day and buy it. If not, I guess I don't get one but I don't see why it would sell that quick. I did the same with Space Hulk and it had way more momentum.

Fatties repping the V6B (Jonjacob, Mabuse) might want to talk to our mutual friend Tao, as he should be able to get some copies in (the line forms behind me).

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.316 seconds