October 09, 2023
2290 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2507 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Buy your army to crush your enemies.

More Silver Tower Stuff

More
21 Sep 2016 00:21 #234648 by 40 oz
Not sure if this is where to post, but I saw that GW will be releasing some more Silver Tower stuff next week. Looks like Arcane Heroes (which is probably a 4-pack of minis like Mighty Heroes) and Hero Cards (which is probably cards for your heroes).

www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/09/gw-next-...ces-confirmed-2.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Sep 2016 08:47 #234654 by charlest
Replied by charlest on topic More Silver Tower Stuff
Word is Hero Cards are cards for the characters in the app.

More
21 Sep 2016 09:47 #234662 by hotseatgames
I would probably love that website if it wasn't so riddled with ads.

More
21 Sep 2016 10:01 #234666 by barrowdown
Replied by barrowdown on topic More Silver Tower Stuff

hotseatgames wrote: I would probably love that website if it wasn't so riddled with ads.

You could always use their general sources:

War of Sigmar
Faeit 212

Both are generally way ahead of Bell of Lost Souls. They also do not break the same rumor up into five threads to drive page clicks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: metalface13, hotseatgames, Frohike, Colorcrayons, wadenels

More
21 Sep 2016 10:03 #234667 by barrowdown
Replied by barrowdown on topic More Silver Tower Stuff
Arcane Heroes is supposed to be a five-pack (Sorcerer Lord, Grey Seer, Knight-Heraldor, Skink Starpriest, and Sorceress).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colorcrayons

More
21 Sep 2016 11:49 #234672 by Matt Thrower

barrowdown wrote: Arcane Heroes is supposed to be a five-pack (Sorcerer Lord, Grey Seer, Knight-Heraldor, Skink Starpriest, and Sorceress).

Fuck. And there's me having just this minute ordered a Sorceress figure.

Charging $25 for some stat cards is reverting to typical GW assholery, though. Just put them in the box with the fucking figures.

More
21 Sep 2016 13:09 - 21 Sep 2016 13:25 #234675 by Colorcrayons
Gw got a pass from me not including cards in mighty heroes.

They will not get the same from me if they pull that shit with arcane heroes, however.

Gw need to get back into our good graces. Nickel and diming us by "forgetting" to include them then selling it to us later is a bitch bastard move. Call it what it is.

Edit, that said, the rumored contents sound great. The skink, gray seer, and the sorceror lord are especially nice models.
Last edit: 21 Sep 2016 13:25 by Colorcrayons.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
21 Sep 2016 14:24 #234682 by Michael Barnes
Yeah, that is some grade A "we don't really understand the market or our consumers" bullshit right there. Someone there doesn't get that you package and sell board games differently. There is no good reason to NOT include the cards with the figures.

I still don't have Mighty Heroes, I was thinking about getting them and then the GWpocalypse hit. I'll probably get both sets but Burning of Prospero and Blood Bowl are ahead of it.

A Skink, yay. One day I'm going to do a Lizardman Mordheim warband.

More
21 Sep 2016 14:31 #234683 by Shellhead
Replied by Shellhead on topic More Silver Tower Stuff
It seems very late in the game to complain about GW business practices. They are who they are, and pretending otherwise is silly.

More
21 Sep 2016 15:38 #234690 by Gary Sax
Replied by Gary Sax on topic More Silver Tower Stuff

Michael Barnes wrote: Yeah, that is some grade A "we don't really understand the market or our consumers" bullshit right there. Someone there doesn't get that you package and sell board games differently. There is no good reason to NOT include the cards with the figures.

I still don't have Mighty Heroes, I was thinking about getting them and then the GWpocalypse hit. I'll probably get both sets but Burning of Prospero and Blood Bowl are ahead of it.

A Skink, yay. One day I'm going to do a Lizardman Mordheim warband.

I love Lizardmen in WHFB. They let you get out the bright colors, and their lore is completely different than you think it's going to be (they're part of the Good Guys).

More
21 Sep 2016 15:52 #234693 by Michael Barnes
Ok, let's stop talking about it before I order this:

Lizards riding dinosaurs. What a glorious time to be alive.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shellhead

More
21 Sep 2016 16:05 #234696 by Dr. Lao
Replied by Dr. Lao on topic More Silver Tower Stuff
My estimation is that the biggest reason why cards will not be included is that it would require them to ditch their multi-language packaging and create a language dependence which would require a redesign of their worldwide distribution model. Second to that is that their customer base largely do not play their board games so cards included in the package would be a waste, which would also rule out including multiple copies of the card in various languages.

Third, I will spin this as a positive. Now, for less cost than many of their heroes, you can purchase a few dozen heroes, not have to mess with an app and proxie as you desire. The Knight Questor can now by a Knight Azyros, Knight Heraldor, Knight Venator or Knight Vexillor. Or a Lord Castellant, Lord Celestiant or a Lord Relictor. They're all Sigmarines and so what if one doesn't have a horn or his sword in his right hand. Or unwieldy angel wings.

I would rather have it that way, otherwise there would be complaining that the only way to get a physical card is by buying a $50 miniature.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Barnes, Mr. White, Columbob, sornars, JEM

More
21 Sep 2016 16:37 #234698 by Michael Barnes
Wrong, Lao. It is CORPORATE GREED. They are milking it while personally raping the wallets of every customer. GW are evil incarnate, they install kittens in all of their office toilets so the senior leaders can piss and shit on them. They FORCE you to buy this stuff and they don't care about the FANS, man.

Anyway...yeah, you are absolutely correct about the cards on every point...and frankly, the figures can double for other characters without making a big deal out of it.

More
21 Sep 2016 17:00 #234703 by metalface13
Replied by metalface13 on topic More Silver Tower Stuff

Michael Barnes wrote: Ok, let's stop talking about it before I order this:

Just imagine if they released a 40k codex for Eldar Exodites ... Space Elves riding dinosaurs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: JEM

More
21 Sep 2016 22:55 #234745 by Mr. White
Replied by Mr. White on topic More Silver Tower Stuff

Michael Barnes wrote: Ok, let's stop talking about it before I order this:

I see round bases, so assume these are official minis from the AoS era, is this correct? If so, AoS lizards don't look much different than WFB lizards. I also liked the look and background of WFB Lizardmen, but I guess I thought everything would get a new look in AoS.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds