October 09, 2023
2290 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2507 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Buy your army to crush your enemies.

More Silver Tower Stuff

More
21 Sep 2016 22:59 #234746 by Gary Sax
Replied by Gary Sax on topic More Silver Tower Stuff
IIRC, AoS basically ported over tons of their old models and stuff by making it sort of a bizarro multiverse that WHFB models could all randomly get into, so it isn't super surprising those are still legal. They just don't rank up or anything anymore, and now they have to fight fake-ass space marine knights.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Sep 2016 23:08 - 21 Sep 2016 23:09 #234747 by Mr. White
Replied by Mr. White on topic More Silver Tower Stuff
Yeah, i think GW wanted to keep all previous models still viable, but I thought some races were getting new looks: those yellow orks, fire dwarves, and those beetle riding tree spirits.

So, I guess i'm curious as to whether or not lizards are getting new looks. Maybe these are just the old models until the new aesthetic is released? Or maybe there won't be any new look lizzys.

I dunno.
Last edit: 21 Sep 2016 23:09 by Mr. White.

More
21 Sep 2016 23:29 #234748 by metalface13
Replied by metalface13 on topic More Silver Tower Stuff
I think GW is just taking their time in rolling out new stuff for Age of Sigmar. There hasn't been anything for the new aelfs (high elves or dark elves), lizardmen, undead (but they got a ton of stuff during the End Times), skaven (though I think they got some newer stuff during end times too), ogre kingdoms, or beastmen, either. There were a lot of factions in Warhammer and Age of Sigmar has only been out for about a year.

More
21 Sep 2016 23:35 #234751 by Michael Barnes
They release stuff...Every. Single. Week. They have to spread it out.

But yeah, that photo is the Age of Sigmar Seraphon Start Collectinf box. $85 ($65 from my source).

More
21 Sep 2016 23:36 #234752 by Mr. White
$65!

Dan?

More
21 Sep 2016 23:37 #234753 by Mr. White

metalface13 wrote: I think GW is just taking their time in rolling out new stuff for Age of Sigmar. There hasn't been anything for the new aelfs (high elves or dark elves), lizardmen, undead (but they got a ton of stuff during the End Times), skaven (though I think they got some newer stuff during end times too), ogre kingdoms, or beastmen, either. There were a lot of factions in Warhammer and Age of Sigmar has only been out for about a year.

I thought the beetle riders where the new elves...

Is there going to be a new empire or is that what the sigmarines are?
The following user(s) said Thank You: metalface13

More
21 Sep 2016 23:45 #234754 by metalface13
Replied by metalface13 on topic More Silver Tower Stuff

Mr. White wrote:

metalface13 wrote: I think GW is just taking their time in rolling out new stuff for Age of Sigmar. There hasn't been anything for the new aelfs (high elves or dark elves), lizardmen, undead (but they got a ton of stuff during the End Times), skaven (though I think they got some newer stuff during end times too), ogre kingdoms, or beastmen, either. There were a lot of factions in Warhammer and Age of Sigmar has only been out for about a year.

I thought the beetle riders where the new elves...

Is there going to be a new empire or is that what the sigmarines are?

The "beetle riders" faction is really more like advanced ents and dryads. Apparently the queen of the high elves woke up in this nature realm that's besieged by Nurgle and she's become the incarnation of a life force goddess. So they're more like a replacement for the wood elves.

But what has become of the more traditional elves and the dark elves who have apparently reconciled and merged has yet to be seen, except for the two characters in Silver Tower.

More
21 Sep 2016 23:58 #234755 by Michael Barnes
That Sylvaneth figure is just incredible. All polystyrene too. I'd like to paint that sometime when my skill level is higher. I think it's like $125.

Yeah, Dan's Discount Game Store. You should not buy GW products anywhere else. His prices are the best and shipping is free. He messed up an order on me the first time I shopped there and he gave me like $50 worth of product to make up for it. Great business. I get all my Zombicide stuff there and he stocks Mantic too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr. White

More
22 Sep 2016 10:11 #234766 by barrowdown
Replied by barrowdown on topic More Silver Tower Stuff

Mr. White wrote: So, I guess i'm curious as to whether or not lizards are getting new looks. Maybe these are just the old models until the new aesthetic is released? Or maybe there won't be any new look lizzys.

I think it is highly unlikely that Lizardmen will get a new look. They were the only legacy faction to be wholesale ported over to the AoS with a faction book. Other legacy factions were moved over in the High Alliance books or broken apart into smaller subfactions with their own books (Flesh Eater Court, Clan Skrye, etc.).

More
22 Sep 2016 14:22 - 22 Sep 2016 14:22 #234785 by Michael Barnes
Dan's has an Arcane Heroes/card pack bundle for $57.99 shipped. That's two dollars more than retail on the figures alone.

See what I mean?
Last edit: 22 Sep 2016 14:22 by Michael Barnes.

More
22 Sep 2016 14:51 #234789 by Mr. White
But how can we know this? How can we tell he's got a bundle deal? Do we email him every time we're interested in product and ask if he'll bundle?

More
22 Sep 2016 15:33 - 22 Sep 2016 15:37 #234793 by Mr. White
I think I found his website, but the listings are all screwy.

Here's three Silver Tower pre-orders. the one one the left looks to be the Arcane Heroes combo. the other two look to be the same Mighty Heroes item but at two different prices. The product description text is the same for all three, no matter which you click on, and the description lists the contents of the base game.

www.vendio.com/stores/Docs_Games_Store/c...io.com/catId=4535867
Last edit: 22 Sep 2016 15:37 by Mr. White.

More
22 Sep 2016 19:44 #234809 by wadenels
Replied by wadenels on topic More Silver Tower Stuff
I sent him an email asking for some price lists and to get on his newsletter. He sent me a few lists (specify what you're looking for if you want a specific list) and I got the Arcane Heroes prices in the email today.

More
23 Sep 2016 08:28 #234844 by Mr. White
Does our man Dan stock any Mantic products?

I need a line on Dungeon Saga stuff...

More
23 Sep 2016 08:40 #234847 by Michael Barnes
He does. Don't bother with the Web site, just get on the mailing list. He sends out a price sheet with it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mr. White

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.360 seconds