October 09, 2023
2511 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2708 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Buy your army to crush your enemies.

Song of Blades and Heroes

More
24 Sep 2013 20:48 #161782 by msears

luckyb0y wrote: I don't know about the original Song of Blades and Heroes, but these two are supposedly based on the same ruleset an both are super cool:

Songs of Our Ancestor

Deep Wars

Deep Wars has a great mini line, if you haven't seen it you should check it out! Lots of deep sea divers vs cthulhu monsters to be found there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Sep 2013 21:35 #161787 by SuperflyPete
I saw deep wars and took some pics but forgot the name of the company so it didn't end up in my reporting from GenCon. Great board, though...wowsa. Awesome.

I play Blades/Heroes and use Ravenloft tiles for the Gold/Darkness Expansion. Good times. Can't wait until my wee Dwarven Forge terrain shows up. Holy shit is that going to be an eyefeast.

Incidentally, Bistro was the one who turned me onto this system and subsequently I played it and several variants (Mutants and Death Ray Guns) until I found something better for post-apoc, which was Wastelands 3: Total Meltdown. It's nearly the perfect game, and it's free. I found one better, but they haven't got their book done yet although I'm privy to the rules due to my "media big shot" status. LMAO Seriously, though, when the poster above me (msears) gets his partner to stop writing and start printing, it will be the best post-apoc system in existence.

More
24 Sep 2013 21:44 #161789 by msears

SuperflyTNT wrote: I saw deep wars and took some pics but forgot the name of the company so it didn't end up in my reporting from GenCon. Great board, though...wowsa. Awesome.

I play Blades/Heroes and use Ravenloft tiles for the Gold/Darkness Expansion. Good times. Can't wait until my wee Dwarven Forge terrain shows up. Holy shit is that going to be an eyefeast.

Incidentally, Bistro was the one who turned me onto this system and subsequently I played it and several variants (Mutants and Death Ray Guns) until I found something better for post-apoc, which was Wastelands 3: Total Meltdown. It's nearly the perfect game, and it's free. I found one better, but they haven't got their book done yet although I'm privy to the rules due to my "media big shot" status. LMAO Seriously, though, when the poster above me (msears) gets his partner to stop writing and start printing, it will be the best post-apoc system in existence.

You had as much of a shot at that as I did. I am ready to have that book out, believe you me. Thanks for the kind words though Petey.

More
24 Sep 2013 21:46 #161790 by SuperflyPete
Didn't you guys just launch a new box set in prep for the book release? I read it on Lead Adventures or something but I didn't click any links or anything.

I've been so damned busy. Ugh.

More
24 Sep 2013 21:52 #161793 by msears
Stitchers are out now yeah, with the Reclaimers greens finally in our hands in the next week or so... They had an epic customs delay compounded by needing conversions to be casted and are only about a year later than we expected ha ha.

But yeah Stitchies are out and ready to knock you out, drag you into the night, and harvest your organs.

More
24 Sep 2013 22:55 #161795 by SuperflyPete

msears wrote: But yeah Stitchies are out and ready to knock you out, drag you into the night, and harvest your organs.

They can harvest my "favorite" organ with their maws. I don't care if they're 200 years old or not...I'll knock the wrinkles off them lips LMAO

More
25 Sep 2013 12:41 #161810 by stormseeker75
So how about a link so I can share in the revelry?

More
25 Sep 2013 12:53 #161811 by SuperflyPete
Normally it's Ganeshagames.net but their site appears to be dead today. Just go to LULU.COM and buy the book via PDF. You spend more on protein bars.

www.lulu.com/us/en/shop/andrea-sfiligoi/...roduct-20403746.html

There's about 10 variants of this game, and a bunch of expansions for Blades and Hereoes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stormseeker75

More
25 Sep 2013 17:33 #161827 by Count Orlok
These look like interesting rules. Would they work with my Reaper Bones? I'm trying to find good use for them, beyond role-playing.

Does anyone know anything about Red Sand, Black Moon? I'm also considering that one, since I could throw together gladiator fights between disparate reaper minis.

More
25 Sep 2013 21:16 - 25 Sep 2013 21:17 #161860 by SuperflyPete
YES. YES. YEEEES.

This game system is EXACTLY perfect for Bones. That's what I'm doing with the core Bones set and some of the stretch goals. I

Never heard of Red Sand Black Moon, in fact. Will peruse.

EDIT:
Ah, Two Hour Wargames makes that. It's probably a little over-complex for my tastes in light skirmish games. I'm not super keen on them, aside from ATH.
Last edit: 25 Sep 2013 21:17 by SuperflyPete.

More
26 Sep 2013 00:21 #161869 by Sevej
Replied by Sevej on topic Re: Song of Blades and Heroes
If anyone want to try something a little different, try the Ganesha Games' new product: Battlesworn.

This is a very gamey game. There, I've warned you.

The game is based on bidding mechanisms. Everything is based on that. Activation, you bid a number, 1-6. Lowest bidder goes first, but activate as many as he bids. The higher bidder activates as many models as the difference. On equal, both players dice off and winner activate 1 model.

Combat is no different. Both players bid a number a roll that many dice, low bidder goes first. The catch is, combat hits on 5-6, but every 1 you roll cancels a hit. So bidding high is not without risk (think of making really powerful but reckless attack if you bid 6).

Movement requires no ruler and table size and scale are irrelevant. Only terrain matters. You can move on a straight line as far as you want until a different terrain type or another model stops you.

The downside is, no campaign.

You make a band of around 10 heroes, based on 14 class, 4 of which must be fighter. 14 class, no tweaks.

A little bit crazy design, but I think this is quite innovative and daring.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds