Coming the Week of July 15th (12 Jul 2019)

Seal Team Flix and Campy Creatures Reviews, a second look at Tiny Towns, Brainwaves Podcast on Megagames, Tank & DPS News and more TBA.

× Talk about collectible card here.

Hearthstone Players!

More
12 Jul 2019 13:39 #299605 by Jackwraith
Replied by Jackwraith on topic Hearthstone Players!
This is Kibler's model. I think he cut down to one Doctor because between the Applebaum's, Broodmothers, and Ziliax, a vanilla 8/8 who "just" heals you is cool when it happens, but kinda subpar, otherwise. I don't think there's any way to play the deck without Dorian, though. I keep seeing people asking him: "Replacement for Dorian?" There isn't one. If you take out Dorian, you're relying on one combo of two cards. If you don't draw them in time, you're kinda screwed. Dorian gives you another reason to Plot Twist, since you can at least get a 1/1 Taunt that heals you for 4 and so on.

I have won games by playing this as straight up Handlock, like if Morrigan grabs your Betrug and he gets removed, or simply by winning games without ever laying the combo down, like against that Paladin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2019 12:10 #299610 by Jackwraith
Seriously, I've been playing this game since the closed beta and this may be the funnest deck I've ever touched. I keep playing in Casual because I'm usually playing when I might have to run out the door, but I think I'm going to take it into ladder and see how far I get. I've played a dozen games with it and haven't lost yet.

hsreplay.net/replay/DydUuLZWP3Z2zZQCfPGDUa

This is standard Conjurer's Mage, although I've now seen the dragon version more than once. You can say I made a mistake on turn 5 by not just trading Giants and you're probably right. But I gambled on him not having the Conjurer's and lost (plus, I had the "Play 12 minions that cost 5 or more" quest and I wanted games to last longer.) Mages also don't have a good way to heal, so I wanted to get hits where I can. The first Twist was looking for Shadowflame, though, which was my second thought about not trading right away, as I could get rid of Giants and Conjurer's that way. Of course, I draw it the turn after it would've been useful.

hsreplay.net/replay/7tqG4UxY995qc7SNhnJYBE

This guy had the perfect big creature elimination draw, with both Spider Bombs and both Fireworks Techs. But the Giants are there to provide a threat. They're really not crucial to how the deck functions, so the fact that he wiped both of them and I subsequently cleared both boards with Hellfire is perfectly within expectations. What I wondered about was why he didn't Magnetize the first one to make board clears more difficult (He was a gold Hunter, so decent player, but perhaps not familiar with Mech Hunter.) I finally activated the Rat Trap on turn 9 with Sn1p-Sn4p. That card is so good. Let me set up a Safeguard to clear both and still not take damage. Didn't need to activate the second one. I played the Godfrey late because I kind of wanted him out of my hand/deck. He's perhaps the least useful of the minions. These guys probably think people are ready to concede when Zul'jin arrives. I usually think people are when Betrug does.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
15 Jul 2019 15:37 #299665 by Jackwraith
www.hearthpwn.com/news/6798-new-card-revealed-plague-of-murlocs

"OMG! Pleeeeeease play Murlocs!"

Cool card, though. Quite the answer to Conjurer's and big creature decks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
15 Jul 2019 17:10 #299668 by jeb
Replied by jeb on topic Hearthstone Players!
That's pretty devastating for all KINDS of decks. All the Mechs, all the cheated-out Giants, all the Walls that need multiple turns to win. It pollutes Deathrattle too. There's a lot to like and hate about this card.

Moderators: Gary SaxFrohike
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds