Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Talk about collectible card here.

TOPIC: Pokemon TCG with my son

Pokemon TCG with my son 09 Mar 2018 14:16 #265206

Today is my son's eighth birthday, so we bought him a Trainer's Starter Kit and a couple of Theme Decks from Pokemon TCG, since he's shown a huge amount of interest in the game itself and in Pokemon in general up until now. I played through the starter kit with him, using the little tutorial with him, and then I had to go do some other work. Just a couple of minutes ago he came and told me that he was teaching his five-year-old brother to play, and that they were enjoying themselves with it.

It was really great. I'm excited to play with him, but I'm really happy that it's a way for them to connect as brothers.
Subscribe to my game blog, The Rumpus Room.
sanildefanso.wordpress.com
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sagrilarus, Colorcrayons

Pokemon TCG with my son 09 Mar 2018 14:28 #265208

Pokemon has been a fantastic voyage the past 4-5 years in our house.

Look forward to some great times!
  • Mr. White
  • D12
  • Thank you received: 2522
Life & Death & An American Chainsaw
Last Edit: 09 Mar 2018 14:29 by Mr. White.
The following user(s) said Thank You: san il defanso

Pokemon TCG with my son 09 Mar 2018 15:24 #265209

I've played 44 games with my boys, because in spite of not liking it a whole lot it was a part of all three of my boys' lives for quite a period of time. I always enjoyed spending the time with them.

I taught 16 eight-year-olds how to play simultaneously at one of my twins' birthday parties. I consider this one of the most challenging success stories of my life.

S.
  • Sagrilarus
  • D12
  • Thank you received: 3158

Pokemon TCG with my son 09 Mar 2018 16:19 #265215

Enjoy the time with your son.
My Pokemon journey started with my nephew. He had some cards and didn't know how to play, so I picked up a deck or two at Kay-Bee Hobby and read the rules. This would have been late '90's/early '00's. He and I played quite a bit and then when my boys were of age, I introduced them to the game. Lots of games, though not a lot of cards bought. When another nephew came of age, I introduced him to the game. The power creep in the cards was amazing. I was using cards from the early '00's and he was using cards from 2012. It was a bloodbath. We then started using either two old-school decks or two of his new-school decks. The nephew that I introduced to Pokemon introduced me to Magic. Full circle.
  • Mantidman
  • D4
  • Thank you received: 38
Last Edit: 09 Mar 2018 16:21 by Mantidman.
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds