October 09, 2023
2218 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2438 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about collectible card here.

Some of Netrunner's last expansions are now impossible to find.

More
11 Oct 2018 19:13 - 11 Oct 2018 19:14 #282992 by Erik Twice
A few months ago I warned about the very low print runs of the last expansions of Android: Netrunner and scarcity has gotten even worse.

First, the Reign & Reverie reprint is not happening. This is hands down the best big box expansion and it has only had an extremely low print run. I managed to snatch a copy for me and a friend yesterday before the bad news hit.

Kitara cycle is mostly available. Mostly. Down the White Nile, which has some extremely important, versatile cards (NGO Front, SSL Endorsement) seems to be out of stock everywhere. I'll probably have to look for a German copy because English ones seem impossible to find.

The revised core set is uncommon but demand is lower because old players don't need them to complete their collections. Hopefully they remain common so the game can easily be played on a casual level.

It's a real shame because these are, hands-down, the best Netrunner expansions and the combination of Revised Core Set, Kitara and Reign & Reverie is the best for casual play. They were meant to be the new "foundations" of the game after rotation and so they contain an unsually high level of quality design and staples.
Last edit: 11 Oct 2018 19:14 by Erik Twice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Bernie, BaronDonut

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Oct 2018 01:42 #283003 by Dr. Mabuse
I picked up both the revised and R&R. I'll have to track down Kitara. I sold all my original sets a couple of years ago and wanted to get back after hearing about the revised set.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
12 Oct 2018 09:37 - 12 Oct 2018 09:38 #283010 by Legomancer
I suspected this when the end was announced. Scalpers gonna scalp, and idiots are going to buy from them and encourage it. (I had a ide on BGG not long ago tell me that scalpers aren't bad for the hobby and I didn't feel like listening to his defense of that.) I'd like to get Reign and Reverie, but at the time I bought the revised core set (at normal price), it already was scarce and going for ridiculous prices. I'm not a big deck construction fan, but I like A:N and figured I should get some before it headed solely to Scalp City. I can live with only the core set; I don't play it often enough that I'll get bored with just that any time soon.
Last edit: 12 Oct 2018 09:38 by Legomancer.

More
12 Oct 2018 10:09 #283011 by Colorcrayons
That reminds me. Eric, since you are our resident neteunner lover, I have a card I'd like to send you.

I ran demos for Asmodee at GenCon, and the demo team got 1 copy of each promo that was being given out at GenCon.

I don't recall the card name, or if it is just an alt art card. (I don't play netrunner so my apologies for lack of info)

But I figured since you're located in Spain, that you'd be the fan least likely to have access to such a thing, therefore, you're the fan that should have it.

PM me your address, and I'll throw it in the mail for you, free of charge.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries, Not Sure, Brewmiester, sornars, Erik Twice

More
12 Oct 2018 15:45 #283024 by Erik Twice

Colorcrayons wrote: That reminds me. Eric, since you are our resident neteunner lover, I have a card I'd like to send you.

You are really kind. Like you say, it's impossible to find this stuff around here so I truly apprecite it. Thanks a lot mate.

Dr. Mabuse wrote: I picked up both the revised and R&R. I'll have to track down Kitara. I sold all my original sets a couple of years ago and wanted to get back after hearing about the revised set.

They are truly great products, I think you'll be very happy with them.

Legomancer wrote: I suspected this when the end was announced. Scalpers gonna scalp, and idiots are going to buy from them and encourage it. (I had a ide on BGG not long ago tell me that scalpers aren't bad for the hobby and I didn't feel like listening to his defense of that.) I'd like to get Reign and Reverie, but at the time I bought the revised core set (at normal price), it already was scarce and going for ridiculous prices. I'm not a big deck construction fan, but I like A:N and figured I should get some before it headed solely to Scalp City. I can live with only the core set; I don't play it often enough that I'll get bored with just that any time soon.

While there's some scalping going on, the issue is pure availability. As in, entire countries didn't get any copies and there was far more interest than FFG though, because people were returning to the game.

Still, the Core Set is good so I think you'll have fun with it :)

More
13 Oct 2018 09:53 #283038 by Chaz
Sounds very much like FFG was going to have a hard date to cease sales of Netrunner due to the expiring contract, so did shorter print runs of the last releases so they wouldn't be left with a warehouse full of stock that they were legally unable to sell. I'm sure retailers wouldn't be subject to the same restrictions, but they wouldn't want to risk overstocking either, so there was gonna be a limit to how much product FFG would be able to sell into the distribution chain before the stop sell deadline.

Really sucks, but makes sense from a business sense.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries

More
20 Oct 2018 14:16 - 20 Oct 2018 14:17 #283649 by boothwah
I have one core set, genesis and spin, and the first three box expands. We go through spurts of playing it a ton for a few weeks and then shelving for a couple of months. I'll be looking to add to the pile when/if the dust settles and stuff hits the clear out bins.

Any suggestions/tips on which packs/sets I might see in the bargain bin would be appreciated. Any that are worth paying almost retail for? I keep seeing draft packs listed in blow out lots, anything useful in them?

A related issue : any decent options to fill out the 1 offs and 2 offs in the core set without buying another? I would have hoped they would reprinted a few of those cards in later sets?
Last edit: 20 Oct 2018 14:17 by boothwah.

More
20 Oct 2018 18:15 - 20 Oct 2018 18:17 #283659 by Bernie
Unless your local store is well stocked, It may be buy what you can find when you find it.

Core set 2 would get you a lot of good stuff. If you are going to play by rotation. The only other way to find the singles from core would be if they are in a world champ deck.
Last edit: 20 Oct 2018 18:17 by Bernie.

More
22 Oct 2018 07:19 #284121 by Erik Twice
Nothing will improve your play experience more than a second core set. It's necessary to have a full playset of some agendas and key cards and can probably be found for cheap. Keep in mind it should be the original set, the Revised Core is redundant if you have Genesis and Spin.

Practically everything would be nice to have, though I recommend to pick up whatever you can of Kitara and Reign & Reverie. You may also have fun with the box set that includes all three minifactions. In general any big box would be a good idea.

Drafting is fun, but those carsd are only useful for drafting and it was never a popular way to play the game. Most people just play constructed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, boothwah

More
Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds