October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2508 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Talk about collectible card here.

Netrunner - looking for some lists

More
03 Mar 2019 20:39 #293360 by boothwah
Extremely greedy ask on my part:

I'm looking for some deck lists or at least some general themes to make a well rounded cube of decks to play with with a newly interested group of 4.

My card pool : 2 Core sets and a set of the data packs for the first two cycles, and each of the first 3 deluxe expacs (honor/profit, order/chaos, whatever the Haas/ shaper thing was called. We gave already agreed to proxy anything we dont have sufficient copies of (12 Jackson Howard proxies already printed)

I have a couple pet decks (weyland big money and Noise net deck from wayback) but I'm finding my ability to build decks for a game I'm getting back into severely lacking, and I don't want to give these guys a horrid experience playing sort of functional decks.

I remember the base set Haas having a pretty good straightforward play style. Kate was cool, but I never built for her. Or Andromeda, and I know they were good.

Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Mar 2019 08:37 #293371 by Vysetron
Watching this thread because I have no idea what a good Netrunner deck looks like now. I've still got a bunch of tournament winners on NetrunnerDB but there are probably better ways to kill people with Jinteki these days.

More
04 Mar 2019 10:42 - 05 Mar 2019 08:18 #293385 by Gary Sax
Erik Twice is iirc our biggest resident netrunner junky, maybe he can poke his head in.
Last edit: 05 Mar 2019 08:18 by Gary Sax.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boothwah

More
04 Mar 2019 13:49 - 04 Mar 2019 13:50 #293391 by boothwah
Eric was definitely someone I hoped might offer some input - There are a bunch of sites I've found that have net deck lists but I haven't found one that lets me wade through the years of new stuff and find a a 5 or 6 year old "meta." Even being pointed to which types decks I should be considering would be helpful in my goal of at least 4 runners and 4 corp decks for my group.

Like Right now I'm thinking I need a Kate deck for shaper, Andromeda for Crim, I have Noise deck,.......then what?

On the corp side, there a couple of different builds - I know I want a Jinteki horizontal deck, and there needs be a Weyland body bag deck, because new players need to learn to respect tags...is there a NEH deck from that era that would not be an NPE for the group?
Last edit: 04 Mar 2019 13:50 by boothwah.

More
05 Mar 2019 10:01 #293411 by Erik Twice
Hey, sorry for taking so long.

The best resource for decks is NetrunnerDB. The problem is that you can't search by date to find a similar card pool the one you have. CardgameDB is not going to help you much, either. So yeah it's not just you, wading through is difficult. KnowTheMeta has links to decklists but they start by the end of the third cycle so that's also difficult.

The best place is probably the "hall of fame" list at NetrunnerDB. Lots of iconic decks there and most of them are old.
netrunnerdb.com/en/decklists/halloffame

As for what to look for, at a glance.
Weyland Tag'n Bag "Supermodernism" is the most classic version, but I think Blue Sun decks are cooler
netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/15621/the-go...mes-london-2nd-place
netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/10206/tourna...cklist-keystone-v2-0

HB Glacier "Redcoats". Classic. You can find hundreds of similar decklists. Note that this list is older than the previous ones.
netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/5438/the-red-coats

Jinteki PE . This is worse than Biotech variants, but I find Biotech variants to be difficult to play.
netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/28992/yin-world-s-top-ranked-pe

NBN is harder to choose because it has had many different identities. You don't have an asset spam deck so I think one of those could be cool. I think the focus on being fast prevents these from being "NPE".
netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/8916/n-e-a-r-p-a-d

If you want a horizontal but asset-based Jinteki deck try Jinteki RP and its variants.

For Runners:

Noise Pawnshop. This deck isn't the easiest to play but is very iconic. If you want 4 Runner decks and don't have the minifactions, try having 2 Anarch decks, this one and another that is "reg-ass" (normal).
netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/24158/good-t...e-plano-tx-regionals

Any other Anarch of the time would be cool. For example, this one:
netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/18233/qimpos...ie-s-family-games-sc

Criminals
are easy to find. Any Andromeda or Leela deck will probably be great. The latter is more fun but also requires the Corp to play around a bit more. Here's a Gabe:
netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/11014/the-so...d-place-runner-deck-

Shapers should also be easy to find. I love good old "Congress Kate"
netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/23925/congress

However, if you want lots of programs and tricks and the whole deal, try this one:
netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/16055/dumpst...games-store-champion

I don't think this is truly helpful advice but I hope it can give you a good starting point. Either way, consider asking on Stimhack or r/Netrunner because I know you'll get solid decklists there.

Hope that helps.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, boothwah

More
05 Mar 2019 20:10 #293437 by boothwah
Thank you so much. That is exactly what I'm looking for. I'm a better tweaker than a builder, and I can adjust the decks to suit our play group. Not knowing where to start puts me in analysis paralysis.

I forgot about Redcoats. I had a version of that built at some point.

I'll post some game reps when we play. Thank you so much.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Erik Twice

More
06 Mar 2019 11:03 #293456 by Da Bid Dabid
My favorite deck back in the day was Tag Me, anarch using Data Leak Reversal. But a lot of people hate mill style play so keep that in mind.

More
06 Mar 2019 11:11 #293457 by Vysetron
I played 3x Account Siphon in everything. Every color. It was a running gag at our locals. Won some tournies with 3x Siphon tag me Chaos Theory because it could afford to do everything it ever wanted and no one ever expected it.

Corp-side it was Jinteki murder of every kind. By far the most fun I had competing was going 7-0 with Biotech at 2015 regionals way before Biotech became a thing. It ran 3x Data Mine, even.

netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/23884/fugu-v...egionals-undefeated-
The following user(s) said Thank You: Erik Twice

More
08 Mar 2019 04:11 #293525 by Erik Twice

Da Bid Dabid wrote: My favorite deck back in the day was Tag Me, anarch using Data Leak Reversal. But a lot of people hate mill style play so keep that in mind.

You are evil and I say this as the guy that built the first playable Genomics lol.

Vysetron wrote: Corp-side it was Jinteki murder of every kind. By far the most fun I had competing was going 7-0 with Biotech at 2015 regionals way before Biotech became a thing. It ran 3x Data Mine, even.

Biotech is always hilarious. There's a recording of a game where the Runner is 6-0, suddenly gets upset and says "That's the stupid thing with this deck, I'm 6-0 and he can still win next turn". Then the camera moved over his opponent, who had two 5/3 agendas installed on the table and yet had the most neutral, bored looked in his face I've ever seen.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.312 seconds