October 09, 2023
2506 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2705 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Any events, cons and meetups can be posted here. There is a link to our Member Map in your PROFILE menu.

What my SECRET SATAN sent me!

More
26 Dec 2010 23:22 #83038 by iguanaDitty
Dogmatix wrote:

Hah. You played it yet?

That would require me to get through the rules first!
...honestly I haven't tried yet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Dec 2010 10:26 #83041 by Rliyen
dan daly wrote:

I got a copy of COUP from Steve Jackson games.

I'd never heard of this game before. A quick perusal of the few reviews on TOS reveals comments like:

Yes I know this game was advertised as a 'Beer & Pretzels' game, but even drinking 2 pitchers of beer won't make you like this game more. Trust me.

and

Coup went out of print quickly and copies are not sought after energetically.

This game looks awesome! Seriously, the box art is great and it looks like a fun little down and dirty wargame with ample opportunity for bad 3rd world dictator accents to be used. I'll have to read over the rules and get it on the table this week.

Thank you!

This was a lot of fun, and I'm already plotting out next year's delivery.

Glad you enjoyed it, Dan. I liked it, but I couldn't find anyone else to play. Hope the extras were up your alley, too. When I got mine, I felt downright terrible that I didn't send you more. Merry Christmas, just the same!

More
27 Dec 2010 10:33 #83042 by dan daly

Glad you enjoyed it, Dan. I liked it, but I couldn't find anyone else to play. Hope the extras were up your alley, too. When I got mine, I felt downright terrible that I didn't send you more. Merry Christmas, just the same!

Well if it will make you feel better, you still have my address, so feel free to send more stuff :)

I finished reading the rules for Coup yesterday but haven't started pushing counters around yet. I'm kind of on gaming system overload right now. I got coup from you and a bunch of games from my wife from Christmas, so I've got lots of new stuff to play around with but haven't had much time to do so yet since I've had to work. Finally have a couple days off now, so I'll get to try this stuff out. I got some gift cards and money too that will probably go for a couple other games, but right now I just need to "work" through the ones I have.

I'll have to try out the computer games too. Do you know if they'll run on a mac?

Thanks again!

More
27 Dec 2010 10:36 #83043 by Rliyen
dan daly wrote:

Well if it will make you feel better, you still have my address, so feel free to send more stuff :)

I finished reading the rules for Coup yesterday but haven't started pushing counters around yet. I'm kind of on gaming system overload right now. I got coup from you and a bunch of games from my wife from Christmas, so I've got lots of new stuff to play around with but haven't had much time to do so yet since I've had to work. Finally have a couple days off now, so I'll get to try this stuff out. I got some gift cards and money too that will probably go for a couple other games, but right now I just need to "work" through the ones I have.

I'll have to try out the computer games too. Do you know if they'll run on a mac?

Thanks again!

Sunsabitches..... I'll have to check, but I don't think they do. So, extra packages AWAY! *goes into his lair to check out what diabolical E-VIL to send to Dan* *Insane Zim laughter*

More
27 Dec 2010 10:56 #83044 by dan daly
Oh no. What I have set myself up for!

More
27 Dec 2010 15:53 #83060 by mads b.
My SS has been nefarious indeed. Fist he waited for everyone to write about all the cool stuff they were getting to get my hopes up, then he arranged (according to his letter) for a Dutch postal strike so that I wouldn't get it until after christmas, and finally he sent me SUPER DECK. The game is rated a "weak 2" by my Satan which means he likes it better than the average TOSser since they only rate it 1.88. It honestly looks like shit, but that's not the worst part. The worst part is that you need two decks to actually play it. So if I want to try it I have to scour eBay for an extra copy. I'm not sure I will.

My only consolation is that I had my target in The Netherlands, so I hope my Satan gets my gift of crap which suddenly isn't as bad as it seemed.

More
27 Dec 2010 15:59 #83062 by Michael Barnes
BWWWWWWAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

SUPER DECK? That is fucking EVIL of a Hilterian scale! That is AMAZING. I didn't expect something THAT bad to change hands through this.

I declare Mads' SS the WINNER, hands down. He even beats Branham.

Although, if Branham had actually sent that Dooky Dog thing or whatever it's called to somebody, that would have to be the winner.

More
27 Dec 2010 16:44 - 27 Dec 2010 16:46 #83065 by Dogmatix
Damn, I was so hoping that the Dr. Ruth's Game of Good Sex (published by Victory Games...yea, THAT Victory Games) that I sent out would top the list of uber crap.

If only I could have have fit this copy of Electronic Dream Date Phone into a normal box...
Last edit: 27 Dec 2010 16:46 by Dogmatix.

More
27 Dec 2010 17:39 #83069 by Space Ghost
My SS is still biding their time....which maybe should be terrifying.

More
28 Dec 2010 10:24 #83093 by username
My secret satan sent me three separate boxes.

The first contained a double set of Dragon Strike the TSR psudo rpg/dungeon crawl game.

The next contained the previously mentioned copy of the Doctor Ruth's good sex game, as well as outdoor survival, halftime football, abalone, Dukes of Hazard season I on dvd, some LotR RPG stuff licensed by the movie, a Warhammer novel anthology ....among other items.

Box three contained the Death Angel card game!

More
28 Dec 2010 10:29 - 28 Dec 2010 10:30 #83094 by Rliyen
dan daly wrote:

Oh no. What I have set myself up for!

Prepare yourself, filthy human, for a barrage of penultimate e-VIL!

HA HA... HA HAHAHA.... HAHAHAHAHAHA!

p.s.: Get yourself a PC... the games I sent work only on one - iz sad - =o(
Last edit: 28 Dec 2010 10:30 by Rliyen.

More
28 Dec 2010 10:52 #83095 by SuperflyPete
Squigherder wrote:

My secret satan sent me three separate boxes.

The first contained a double set of Dragon Strike the TSR psudo rpg/dungeon crawl game.

The next contained the previously mentioned copy of the Doctor Ruth's good sex game, as well as outdoor survival, halftime football, abalone, Dukes of Hazard season I on dvd, some LotR RPG stuff licensed by the movie, a Warhammer novel anthology ....among other items.

Box three contained the Death Angel card game!

Getting Dragonstrike makes up for all failures. While the game itself is not so shit-hot, although not bad at all, any game that can forment THIS...

...is an epic win. This guy puts Nicholson and Vasel both to shame. Shit, he's almost as good as Robert Florence.

More
28 Dec 2010 10:54 - 28 Dec 2010 10:55 #83096 by dan daly
The Dragon Strike vhs is priceless. Although finding a vcr to play it on might be an issue for some people now. They spared no expense. It filmed in HYPER REALITY for pete's sake!
Last edit: 28 Dec 2010 10:55 by dan daly.

More
28 Dec 2010 11:30 #83098 by Notahandle
dan daly wrote: " I'll have to try out the computer games too. Do you know if they'll run on a mac?"
Rliyen wrote: " p.s.: Get yourself a PC... the games I sent work only on one - iz sad - =o("
Set up Boot Camp, download XP, get an activation code from someone, install, and tell it not to update once you're set up. That worked for me to try Left4Dead.

More
28 Dec 2010 19:14 #83128 by ozjesting
UPDATE: Seems my SS is not done! After inflicting me with RFtG I have spent days trying to work out the little pictures...still haven't vetured into the rule book for Twilight Struggle yet...but today a package arrives with the book "Labyrinths of Reason" by William Poundstone. I fear SS is trying to take advantage of my euro softened mind to inflict the death blow!

Thanks Again SS!

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds