Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What BOARD GAMES are you TRADING?

What BOARD GAMES are you TRADING? 16 Nov 2018 07:22 #286248

Well, the art certainly looks better in the board game. It's about double the price though ($80 to $40), so I'll have to think about it.

Has anyone ranked the Legendary titles? There's a bunch of them at this point, and only having played the Marvel one I'm curious how they all compare to one another.
  • Mr. White
  • D12
  • Thank you received: 2568
Life & Death & An American Chainsaw
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What BOARD GAMES are you TRADING? 29 Nov 2018 20:08 #287132

Traded CIA vs KGB for Remnants. I had been interested in Remnants from descriptions I read around the Web, but had cooled on it recently from a few comments that Pete had made about how it felt forced in a couple ways. It was going to be part of my big Descent trade, but I went with other things. As much as I LOVE the Cold War theme of CIA vs KGB, every time we'd tried to play it, we got bogged down in reading the instructions and realized that it wasn't going to be a "filler" game and opted for something easier, like Shadows over Kyoto. So, when someone offered the trade, I took it. It's the first time someone else has made me an offer in a couple years.
  • Jackwraith
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Ninja
  • Thank you received: 1497

What BOARD GAMES are you TRADING? 05 Dec 2018 09:10 #287520

It turns out that trading isn't as simple as I thought it would be.

I saw on BGG someone is running a local no-ship math trade. Considering a few of the games I'd like to trade away are fairly big and heavy, I thought this was a perfect opportunity to offload them without the high shipping costs.

Well, 375 items later and I don't see a single game I'd be interested in getting. In fact, I've never even heard of 90% of the entries in the list. Maybe they are all newer games so it's not surprising I don't know them? I know the Portland area (probably every area, if I had to guess) is heavy on euros, but there is just nothing here. While there are a couple of Unlock/Escape the Room titles I am interested in trying, those trades would be too lopsided for my perceived values.

Maybe it's due to the fact that the two main games I am trading are games I actually like and I'm only trading them because they don't see much play, so I'm okay with keeping them. Also the fact that there are 5-7 want requests on each of my games that make it even worse since I know there is demand.

Or maybe I just think too highly of my games and their value...
  • Disgustipater
  • D8
  • Dapper Deep One
  • Thank you received: 984
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, CranBerries, Msample

What BOARD GAMES are you TRADING? 05 Dec 2018 10:14 #287525

Jackwraith wrote:
Traded CIA vs KGB for Remnants. I had been interested in Remnants from descriptions I read around the Web, but had cooled on it recently from a few comments that Pete had made about how it felt forced in a couple ways. It was going to be part of my big Descent trade, but I went with other things. As much as I LOVE the Cold War theme of CIA vs KGB, every time we'd tried to play it, we got bogged down in reading the instructions and realized that it wasn't going to be a "filler" game and opted for something easier, like Shadows over Kyoto. So, when someone offered the trade, I took it. It's the first time someone else has made me an offer in a couple years.

It’s fun and you should dig it OK as long as you know going in that it’s a very light dice-based resource management game.
  • SuperflyTNT
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Salty AF
  • SMH
  • Thank you received: 4741
youtube.com/watch?v=ZkHxIlNZTk4
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jackwraith

What BOARD GAMES are you TRADING? 05 Dec 2018 10:22 #287527

Yep. Got that right away. I'm thinking about how I can convince some members of my group to play a "real time" dice game...
  • Jackwraith
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Ninja
  • Thank you received: 1497

What BOARD GAMES are you TRADING? 05 Dec 2018 10:30 #287528

It’s only real time for like 20 seconds of a 5 minute turn
  • SuperflyTNT
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Salty AF
  • SMH
  • Thank you received: 4741
youtube.com/watch?v=ZkHxIlNZTk4

What BOARD GAMES are you TRADING? 05 Dec 2018 10:50 #287529

Disgustipater wrote:
It turns out that trading isn't as simple as I thought it would be.

I saw on BGG someone is running a local no-ship math trade. Considering a few of the games I'd like to trade away are fairly big and heavy, I thought this was a perfect opportunity to offload them without the high shipping costs.

Well, 375 items later and I don't see a single game I'd be interested in getting. In fact, I've never even heard of 90% of the entries in the list. Maybe they are all newer games so it's not surprising I don't know them? I know the Portland area (probably every area, if I had to guess) is heavy on euros, but there is just nothing here. While there are a couple of Unlock/Escape the Room titles I am interested in trying, those trades would be too lopsided for my perceived values.

Maybe it's due to the fact that the two main games I am trading are games I actually like and I'm only trading them because they don't see much play, so I'm okay with keeping them. Also the fact that there are 5-7 want requests on each of my games that make it even worse since I know there is demand.

Or maybe I just think too highly of my games and their value...

I see more and more Facebook sale posts consisting of a huge pile of games offered for sale and I've heard of none of them. It's as if people are finally realising they were buying to buy instead of actually play them
  • Msample
  • D8
  • Thank you received: 875
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Mabuse, CranBerries, Jackwraith
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds