October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2507 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

What BOARD GAMES are you TRADING?

More
16 Nov 2018 09:22 #286248 by Mr. White
Well, the art certainly looks better in the board game. It's about double the price though ($80 to $40), so I'll have to think about it.

Has anyone ranked the Legendary titles? There's a bunch of them at this point, and only having played the Marvel one I'm curious how they all compare to one another.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Nov 2018 22:08 #287132 by Jackwraith
Traded CIA vs KGB for Remnants. I had been interested in Remnants from descriptions I read around the Web, but had cooled on it recently from a few comments that Pete had made about how it felt forced in a couple ways. It was going to be part of my big Descent trade, but I went with other things. As much as I LOVE the Cold War theme of CIA vs KGB, every time we'd tried to play it, we got bogged down in reading the instructions and realized that it wasn't going to be a "filler" game and opted for something easier, like Shadows over Kyoto. So, when someone offered the trade, I took it. It's the first time someone else has made me an offer in a couple years.

More
05 Dec 2018 11:10 #287520 by Disgustipater
It turns out that trading isn't as simple as I thought it would be.

I saw on BGG someone is running a local no-ship math trade. Considering a few of the games I'd like to trade away are fairly big and heavy, I thought this was a perfect opportunity to offload them without the high shipping costs.

Well, 375 items later and I don't see a single game I'd be interested in getting. In fact, I've never even heard of 90% of the entries in the list. Maybe they are all newer games so it's not surprising I don't know them? I know the Portland area (probably every area, if I had to guess) is heavy on euros, but there is just nothing here. While there are a couple of Unlock/Escape the Room titles I am interested in trying, those trades would be too lopsided for my perceived values.

Maybe it's due to the fact that the two main games I am trading are games I actually like and I'm only trading them because they don't see much play, so I'm okay with keeping them. Also the fact that there are 5-7 want requests on each of my games that make it even worse since I know there is demand.

Or maybe I just think too highly of my games and their value...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, allismom3, Cranberries, Msample

More
05 Dec 2018 12:14 #287525 by SuperflyPete

Jackwraith wrote: Traded CIA vs KGB for Remnants. I had been interested in Remnants from descriptions I read around the Web, but had cooled on it recently from a few comments that Pete had made about how it felt forced in a couple ways. It was going to be part of my big Descent trade, but I went with other things. As much as I LOVE the Cold War theme of CIA vs KGB, every time we'd tried to play it, we got bogged down in reading the instructions and realized that it wasn't going to be a "filler" game and opted for something easier, like Shadows over Kyoto. So, when someone offered the trade, I took it. It's the first time someone else has made me an offer in a couple years.

It’s fun and you should dig it OK as long as you know going in that it’s a very light dice-based resource management game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jackwraith

More
05 Dec 2018 12:22 #287527 by Jackwraith
Yep. Got that right away. I'm thinking about how I can convince some members of my group to play a "real time" dice game...

More
05 Dec 2018 12:30 #287528 by SuperflyPete
It’s only real time for like 20 seconds of a 5 minute turn

More
05 Dec 2018 12:50 #287529 by Msample

Disgustipater wrote: It turns out that trading isn't as simple as I thought it would be.

I saw on BGG someone is running a local no-ship math trade. Considering a few of the games I'd like to trade away are fairly big and heavy, I thought this was a perfect opportunity to offload them without the high shipping costs.

Well, 375 items later and I don't see a single game I'd be interested in getting. In fact, I've never even heard of 90% of the entries in the list. Maybe they are all newer games so it's not surprising I don't know them? I know the Portland area (probably every area, if I had to guess) is heavy on euros, but there is just nothing here. While there are a couple of Unlock/Escape the Room titles I am interested in trying, those trades would be too lopsided for my perceived values.

Maybe it's due to the fact that the two main games I am trading are games I actually like and I'm only trading them because they don't see much play, so I'm okay with keeping them. Also the fact that there are 5-7 want requests on each of my games that make it even worse since I know there is demand.

Or maybe I just think too highly of my games and their value...

I see more and more Facebook sale posts consisting of a huge pile of games offered for sale and I've heard of none of them. It's as if people are finally realising they were buying to buy instead of actually play them
The following user(s) said Thank You: allismom3, Dr. Mabuse, Cranberries, Jackwraith

More
31 Dec 2018 09:08 #288923 by Jackwraith
Arkham Horror
Kingsport Horror
Miskatonic Horror
Game of Thrones, 1st ed.
Clash of Kings
Storm of Swords
X-Wing
(base set)

for

Rising Sun
Starship Samurai

That's the last of my AH stuff. It was fun for many years, but it was time to move on. In contrast, I really loved GoT and would probably have still played it, if there weren't so many similar, newer games to play; one of them being Battle for Rokugan, which also plays more quickly. That's only one of my X-Wing base sets and I have an assload (HT: Master Shake) of 1st Ed stuff just waiting to be sold or traded, so if you know anyone interested, feel free to point them to my BGG profile.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
12 Jan 2019 20:46 #289867 by DukeofChutney
Out - Empire of the Sun & Quarter Master General Victory or Death (Peloponnesian War)

In - reacquired Hannibal Rome vs Carthage and got Paths of Glory

So two shelf toads out and two shelf toads in.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, allismom3, Jackwraith

More
13 Jan 2019 08:53 #289878 by Ah_Pook
Trading Runebound 2e and a couple expansions for Merchant of Venus 2e. I like Runebound fine, especially with an array of variants, but at this point I would never reach for it over Dungeon Degenerates or Talisman so why keep it around?

More
13 Jan 2019 09:58 #289882 by Jackwraith
That's a decent trade, especially if you like Talisman or DD more. I have a full set of Runebound 2e and will likely never part with it, just because of the awesome variety that it provides for adventure games. I favored it over Talisman 2e for exactly that reason. I sold my copy of MoV at one point because it wasn't getting played and I was trying to cull the collection. I kinda regret it, but I also have Firefly and Merchants & Marauders, so I'n not lacking for that type of game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike, Ah_Pook

More
13 Jan 2019 10:07 #289883 by Ah_Pook
If I had more of the big box expansions for Runebound is probably keep it, but they're all prohibitively expensive at this point so yknow. I had mists of xanaga which was neat, but I've played that and the base game a bunch at this point. Plus I have most of the expansions for Talisman 2e, so we usually reach for that to fill our way too long adventure game needs ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jackwraith

More
27 Jan 2019 22:15 #290770 by Jackwraith
Two big ones; one by size and one by quest goal.

The quest goal was: A Study in Emerald (2nd edition) for The Others: Men of FAITH.

I'd been trying to trade for Men of FAITH for-evah. It's always on Ebay for something north of $90 and typically for $125 or more. I liked the first edition of Study, but the 2nd just seemed so drained of life that it was never going to come off the shelf. That made trading a full game for a small expansion totally worth it. Now my set of The Others is complete.

The size was:
Small World, plus Be Not Afraid, Cursed!, Grand Dames, and Tales & Legends.
X-Wing TIE Fighter x3, Millennium Falcon, A-Wing x2, B-Wing x2, Slave I, TIE Advanced, TIE Bomber x3, TIE Interceptor x2, Y-Wing x2, HWK-290, Lambda Shuttle, Imperial Aces, Rebel Transport, E-Wing x2, TIE Defender x2, TIE Phantom x2, Z-95 Headhunter x2

for

Cry Havoc
Hammer of the Scots
Ultimate Warriorz
Firefly - Card Pack
Firefly - Crime and Punishment
Firefly - Wash's Lucky Dinosaurs
The Bloody Inn
The Downfall of Pompeii

Small World was never going to come off the shelf again. There are just too many other DoaM style games that would take precedence. I really enjoyed it, but immediately losing your position just because the next turn came around is not something that ever sat well with me. And once I stopped any kind of collectible games, I stopped X-Wing. All of it had just been sitting in the basement. The opportunity came up to expand Firefly a bit, as well as retrieve a copy of Hammer, which I'd sold years ago when I was out of work; try another Michael Oracz game in Cry Havoc; introduce my group to Downfall of Pompeii after Uba reminded me of it a few weeks ago; and try out two games I've never played in Ultimate and Bloody Inn. Pretty good haul, if I do say so myself.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike, DukeofChutney

More
28 Jan 2019 09:24 #290783 by hotseatgames
You will like Bloody Inn. It's fun.

More
29 Jan 2019 12:15 #290888 by lj1983
I just traded for Hammer again, then I realized it's my third time owning it. sometimes I shoot mysef in the foot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, Cranberries

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.322 seconds