Coming the Week of November 18th (18 Nov 2019)

We have reviews of Horrified, Kingdomino Duel, Dragon Market, Flesh & Blood, and Rolled West. "Why Do I Own This" and "Beyond the Veil" returns. And more TBA

What BOARD GAMES are you TRADING?

More
05 Nov 2019 11:00 - 05 Nov 2019 11:02 #303135 by charlest
Skies Above the Reich looks great, been wanting to try that but got caught up in other stuff (I have a personal 1 wargame at a time limit and I'm currently exploring Tank Duel).
Last edit: 05 Nov 2019 11:02 by charlest.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Nov 2019 11:32 #303138 by Gary Sax
oh my god, are they doing another edition of totaler krieg? I need to get rid of my old one for good and not come back, what a dud, the rules were impossibly dense and then 3 weeks later there's constantly a new rules edition.

Fuck that.

More
05 Nov 2019 11:40 #303139 by barrowdown

Gary Sax wrote: oh my god, are they doing another edition of totaler krieg? I need to get rid of my old one for good and not come back, what a dud, the rules were impossibly dense and then 3 weeks later there's constantly a new rules edition.

Fuck that.

It was originally supposed to be an expansion/upgrade kit. It was going to add an expanded Random Setup Generator like Flames of War has with Day of Decision, expanded air/naval stuff for people wanting more detail, and then fixes to rebalance Dai Senso! They now decided it's just going to be a completely new edition combining Totaler Krieg!, Dai Senso! and the originally proposed expansions with new rulebooks and scenarios.

More
05 Nov 2019 12:21 #303140 by Gary Sax
lol, god, I remember that expansion plan!

More
08 Nov 2019 15:23 #303934 by barrowdown
Well I got rid of Axis Empires: Dai Senso! along with Panzer Battles for a copy of Red Storm. Red Storm is the new GMT Downtown series game covering a hypothetical Cold War air conflict in 1987. I think it's a big win for me!

More
12 Nov 2019 23:10 #304171 by Jackwraith
Traded Wingspan and Honshu for a complete Kickstartered copy of 878 Vikings, including expansion.

As noted in a couple threads elsewhere, Wingspan just did not do it for me. I played it three times and each time sat in mild wonder that so many people decided that this was the game of the year. It just doesn't do that much that so many engine builders do right now and/or have done before. I like the concept of Honshu and it seems like a good travel/camping game, but it just didn't draw enough interest to come off the shelf more than a couple times.

878 wasn't a must-have on my trade list, but I love historical wargames and I was willing to make a trade based on a willingness to try something to replace two games that I was unlikely to play again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WadeMonnig

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds