October 09, 2023
2494 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2697 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

What BOARD GAMES are you TRADING?

More
23 Feb 2022 14:32 #330997 by southernman
From the bi-monthly UK math trade:

Out:
Sub Terra collectors edition
Hunt for the Ring
Nexus Ops
& Risk:SWOT (sorry Rliyen, it has not been getting any plays for a while now :whistle:)

In:
Cthulhu Death May Die
Forgotten Waters
Maximum Apocalypse
+ a couple of expansions
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Mabuse

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Feb 2022 15:13 #331038 by Jackwraith
Kinda hefty trade again for the first time in many months:

Out:
Vast: The Crystal Caverns w/Vast: The Fearsome Foes
Champions of Midgard, Jarl Edition w/Valhalla, Dark Mountains, the extra characters, the rooster ship, the whole nine yards
Robo Rally
Legendary Encounters: Predator
Legendary Encounters: Alien
For the People
Black Fleet
Doom, 2nd Ed.
Fury of Dracula, 3rd Ed.

In:
Heroes of Land, Air and Sea, full Kickstarter edition (i.e. all of the retail expansions and more)
Vast: The Mysterious Manor w/Vast: The Haunted Hallways

That's nine games going out for only two coming in, which is a good thing. The nine going out were games that ranged from decent (For the People) to good (Doom) to great (Fury of Dracula), but they just weren't getting played. I like Crystal Caverns, but it got a lukewarm response from two different groups that I've played it with and Mysterious Manor is kind of Caverns, 2nd Ed., with a lot of improvements made to the different roles, so I figured I'd foist that on people and see if the response is better. Tiny Epic Kingdoms, which is the small version of Heroes, is among my favorites of the TE line so I figured I'd give the larger version a try and see how it works out. I'm a little pained at sending Doom out the door because it was a drastic improvement over the original and I liked the mechanics of it. But if we're going to play a many vs one these days, it's going to be The Others or TMNT, so it just wasn't going to see table time. I blame Wade ;) for suggesting I get into Champions of Midgard. Despite acknowledging that Valhalla (and Mountains, kinda) complete the game, it just never worked for me. If I'm going to play Vikings, I'm playing Blood Rage or 878. If I'm going to play worker placement, I'm playing Chimera Station or Tiny Epic Western. Champions was just too fiddly for too little payoff, in my experience. And I liked Black Fleet but, man, no one else around here did.

Anyway, not much left on either the to-be-traded or to-be-traded-for lists anymore. I'm still trying to schlep my copy of Supremacy w/many expansions off on someone...
The following user(s) said Thank You: dysjunct, hotseatgames, sornars, WadeMonnig, DarthJoJo

More
28 Feb 2022 22:53 #331169 by Cranberries
Someone offered this trade but I no longer have BGG forwarded to my email so I missed it:

BoardGameGeek Trade Proposal

The user wamsp is proposing a game trade with the following details:

Game(s) From wamsp
1. Federation Commander: Briefing #1
2. Federation Commander: Klingon Border
3. Federation Commander: Romulan Space

Game(s) From craniac
1. Android

More
09 Mar 2022 13:41 #331498 by dysjunct
Just sold a lot of 82 different games and expansions to Noble Knight. Feels liberating.

I now have 47 board games and 70 RPG items (counting core books, expansions, GM screens, dice sets, etc.).

Typing that out still makes me feel a little gross. But it's a start.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jpat, Msample, mezike, hotseatgames, Nodens, n815e

More
09 Mar 2022 17:54 #331502 by n815e
Amazing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dysjunct

More
10 Mar 2022 20:25 #331517 by DarthJoJo
Shipping games isn’t much worth the effort anymore, and I don’t live near any local math trades, so I just donated a pile to the library. They’re trying to get family game nights rolling and hope my additions can give them a boost.

Most interesting donations are PitchCar, Splendor, Kingdom Builder, 1st and Goal, Big Book of Madness and Era: Medieval Age. None of them are bad (except maybe Big Book), but they were never the first or second games I reached for. I even like Era and Kingdom Builder a lot and can still play them this way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, dysjunct, Cranberries, Sagrilarus, Gregarius, Nodens, BillyBobThwarton

More
10 Mar 2022 20:41 #331519 by Gary Sax
Those are pretty good games for a library.

More
10 Mar 2022 22:27 #331522 by Sagrilarus
Full size Pitch Car? If I got rid of mine my friends would disown me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gregarius

More
10 Mar 2022 22:49 #331523 by DarthJoJo
It’s full size, yeah. Surprisingly easy choice. At home it’s competing with ICECOOL for the same weight and SEAL Team Flix for heft, and I seeded a copy of Bisikle, which is basically the same thing, at my parents’.

PitchCar is probably at its best if you build a dumb elaborate track and have a full complement of racers. The second, at least, will be easier to pull off at the library.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames

More
14 Mar 2022 09:06 - 14 Mar 2022 09:09 #331586 by Sagrilarus
PitchCar -- just the base game is fun, but you really need the funny-shaped pieces in Extension 2 in order to build elaborate tracks. The blunt ends on a couple of the pieces mean that all of the geometry restrictions in the original parts goes out the window. You can largely build however you like.

I have two base games, one Extension 2 and one Extension 5 (all but the last purchased years ago before MAPP pricing which almost doubled the cost of getting the game). As far as I'm concerned you either need to bump up to more pieces, or do without. This is one of those rare games where the base package isn't worth the price of entry on its own.
Last edit: 14 Mar 2022 09:09 by Sagrilarus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Msample, DarthJoJo

More
05 Apr 2022 11:08 #332082 by jpat
Out: Miskatonic School for Girls plus expansion (a gift); Hostage Negotiator and the first set of KS expansions

In: Talisman rev 4e, Brass: Lancashire (deluxe)

I'm hoping the other fellow is happy with this (and he initiated it). I am.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, Msample, hotseatgames, sornars, Ah_Pook

More
07 Apr 2022 12:35 #332149 by Ah_Pook
Getting copies of Empires of the Void 2 and Runewars+Banners of War in some trades. EOTV2 had been on my vaguely interested list for a while. I can't tell if it looks great or not but I'll try it. Runewars I think realistically I will play once ever if I'm lucky, but hey I'll take it in a trade and play it that one time and then sell it someone else. I think my teenage nephew might get a kick out of it, and if so maybe it'll get some traction.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, jpat, Msample

More
27 Apr 2022 11:27 #332601 by jpat
Out
The two Space Empires 4x expansions

In
Stellar Horizons

I still have the SE4X base, which (apart from once using the terrain tiles from Replicators) is the only thing I've played. This was something of a trade of convenience, since the guy proposing it was going to be in my area and we could avoid shipping, but I've had thoughts about SH on and off for a while.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, n815e

More
27 Apr 2022 15:21 #332613 by n815e
Stellar Horizons is so tempting at times, until I see the play time commitment of like 60 hours and realize I don’t have the friends to play it with or the space to keep it safely set up over time.

More
27 Apr 2022 17:00 #332616 by Msample
And it’s Compass so the rules/execution are probably shite.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.517 seconds