October 09, 2023
2507 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2706 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

Buy my games!

More
29 Oct 2021 13:57 - 03 Nov 2021 11:35 #327543 by san il defanso
Alright peeps, I have to get ready to ship my collection to a new country, so I need to unload some merchandise. This time you will be supporting two great causes. The first is the "Don't Make Nate Ship His Unplayed Games To Africa" Fund. The second benefits both me and jpat, which is the "Help Nate Buy jpat's Marvel Champions" Fund. You can help two of our regulars with your purchase!

- Duel of Ages II + Master Set + Collector’s Bundle + Codex: This is ALL of Duel of Ages II, one of the greatest epic games ever made. While the original core set occasionally appears in the wild, the Master Set is extremely out of print. This whole thing can be yours for the EXTREMELY reasonable price of $250 shipped. I just can't do it.

- Clash of Cultures 1e + Civilizations expansion: This is the first print run from early 2012/late 2013. I replaced the yellow pieces with the ones available from Z-Man back in the day, so they don’t sweat out that gross oily stuff. The Civilizations expansion is also extremely out of print. There’s a monumental edition on the way soon, but what could be more monumental than owning the first edition for just $100 shipped?

- Shadows of Malice + Seekers of the Hidden Light expansion: Jim Felli’s bizarre adventure game is a true original, and one that could be part of your collection! These are packaged in a single box, and can be yours for $60 shipped.

- Zimby Mojo: Another Felli fever dream, this is a game that can start some fights that will go long into the night. $50 shipped.

- Earth Reborn: Enormous two-player tactical game by Christophe Boelinger. This one came all the way from the Philippines with me, and I even painted the minis with a pretty-good paint job. You can have a taste of my handiwork for $60 shipped.

- D&D Adventure Game lot BARGAIN BIN: A plastic tub filled with the Castle Ravenloft, Wrath of Ashardalon, and Legend of Drizzt games. This one is priced to move, because some of the original minis are missing, having gone missing in a local D&D club. There are enough to play the games without problems, but you will need to let some minis stand in for others. As a result I’m selling this fella for $40 shipped.

- Betrayal at House on the Hill + Widow’s Walk expansion: Will your session of BaHotH be the best game experience ever, or be a stale fart that plops out and stinks for a while? The only way to find out is to buy my copy! The box on this one got smashed pretty hard in its transition back to the US. The components inside are all still in great shape though. Yours for $35 shipped.

- Dune: After the new version, I don’t see me playing this one anytime soon. Frankly that probably wasn’t going to happen anyway. This is the 1993 Descartes version, so it comes in a larger box and has the two original expansions already inside. One of the previous owners did a paste-up of the faction powers on the player shields, and there is an English print-out of the rules. $60 shipped.

- Bemused: More Felli madness! This little game has some vicious negotiation, and even comes in a little box making it easy to ship. $15 shipped

- Twilight Struggle: This is the 2011 reprint, so it has the mounted board. A great game that I may never play in person again. $35 shipped.

- Five Tribes + Artisans of Naqala expansion + Whims of the Sultan expansion + Thieves of Naqala expansion: Orientalism in board game form! This extremely Euro game is actually a really fun one for the right buyer. Everything comes packaged in the original box. It will set you back $70 shipped.

*edit* More games added!
- Doctor Who: Time of the Daleks, with my patented Pretty Good Paint Job - $30 shipped

- Warhammer Diskwars (two core sets, Hammer & Hold expansion, and Legions of Darkness expansion, along with a homemade green felt playmat) - $100 shipped

- Fearsome Floors - $25 shipped

- Sekigahara (the 3rd printing, with the bigger box) - $60 shipped

- Star Wars Epic Duels - $100 shipped

Feel free to bargain some, I really don't feel good about shipping these to Africa so they can sit on a shelf for another few years. Let me know if you are interested. No trades, unless it's for that giant Marvel Champions lot.

*edit* - These are now up on a BGG auction. If you want to pay more for them I guess you could always do it over there...
Last edit: 03 Nov 2021 11:35 by san il defanso. Reason: More games added
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Barnes, Gary Sax, jpat, Msample, Jackwraith, Ah_Pook

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Oct 2021 17:44 #327553 by Michael Barnes
Replied by Michael Barnes on topic Buy my games!
DOA2 is pretty much the only game I’ve ever regretted selling. If I weren’t looking at buying my wife a $2500 MacBook I’d be all over it at that price.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cranberries, san il defanso

More
29 Oct 2021 18:09 #327555 by san il defanso
Replied by san il defanso on topic Buy my games!
It's a wrench to sell it, but especially abroad, outside of FLGS or game club environments, it's just never going to get played.

More
29 Oct 2021 18:33 #327558 by hotseatgames
Replied by hotseatgames on topic Buy my games!
What is the DoA collector's bundle? I have the other 3 parts.

More
29 Oct 2021 18:45 #327561 by san il defanso
It's this one. If you ordered direct from Brett Murrell, you probably already got it, but it was only sold through the WorldSpanner website.

More
29 Oct 2021 19:56 #327563 by hotseatgames
I don't know. I think I have Josh Look's old set. Either way, I have more DoA than I will ever need.

More
30 Oct 2021 20:07 #327579 by mtagge
Replied by mtagge on topic Buy my games!
What percentage of the mini's are missing from the D&DAG set? I already have Ravenloft, but am mostly interested in the minis at this point anyway.

Surprised at that price no one has jumped.

More
30 Oct 2021 21:28 #327582 by san il defanso
I would say maybe 10% of it, but that’s just a guess. I would need to open it up and do a proper inventory. Let me get back with you.

More
30 Oct 2021 23:22 #327584 by Ah_Pook
Replied by Ah_Pook on topic Buy my games!

mtagge wrote: What percentage of the mini's are missing from the D&DAG set? I already have Ravenloft, but am mostly interested in the minis at this point anyway.

Surprised at that price no one has jumped.

its a great price for a great bunch of games for sure. i already have 2/3 of them sadly. even if i had just 1 of them id be all over it at that price.

More
31 Oct 2021 16:03 #327595 by san il defanso
If you want one of these, speak now or hold your peace. I'm going to put them up for auction on BGG this week, most likely tomorrow.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
31 Oct 2021 17:17 #327597 by Cranberries
Replied by Cranberries on topic Buy my games!

Michael Barnes wrote: DOA2 is pretty much the only game I’ve ever regretted selling.

This needs to be etched onto a plaque and put on the wall in the front foyer of the Duel of Ages hall of fame.

I so want this bundle, but someone at church told me just today, "I think we buy stuff for the person we want to be, not who we are"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, jay718, san il defanso

More
31 Oct 2021 17:29 #327598 by hotseatgames

Cranberries wrote: I so want this bundle, but someone at church told me just today, "I think we buy stuff for the person we want to be, not who we are"

Who you are is someone with no DoA. That's no way to live.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jay718, Cranberries, san il defanso, birdman37, n815e, Kmann

More
31 Oct 2021 17:54 #327603 by mtagge
Replied by mtagge on topic Buy my games!
ok, sent an email through the system. Just posting here in case it gets lost in the spam folder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: san il defanso

More
31 Oct 2021 18:50 - 31 Oct 2021 18:54 #327604 by san il defanso
Didn't see anything from you mtagge. Was this the D&D Adventure lot?

I think I got cold feet on Duel of Ages II. I'm getting rid of a lot of shelf-toads here, so maybe...maybe I'll play DoA2 in the next few years?

I went into storage today and fished out all of the games that I am posting to the auction, which includes some that I didn't include here, because I thought I'd go ahead and cut even closer to the bone. I added them to the original post. I'll hold off a couple more days on the BGG auction, since I have to inventory all the stuff I pulled anyway.
Last edit: 31 Oct 2021 18:54 by san il defanso.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
31 Oct 2021 22:04 #327606 by Gregarius
Replied by Gregarius on topic Buy my games!
Would you take $50 for Shadows of Malice?
The following user(s) said Thank You: san il defanso

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.326 seconds