October 09, 2023
2290 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2506 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

What were some of your best trades and why?

More
29 Aug 2009 01:13 #39802 by KingPut
lj1983 wrote:

I traded away Galactic Emperor for Warrior Knights
and Tomb for Twilight Struggle.
neither were great trades money wise, but awesome play-wise

Great Trades! I can't remember what I traded away to get a Twilight Struggle probably a some stupid Euro I bought to hit $100 and get free shipping.

Somebody on F:AT traded me Fury of Dracula with painted minis for Maneuver. I kind of miss Maneuver but a number of the guys in game group own it. Getting painted minis made that a great trade for me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Aug 2009 04:22 - 29 Aug 2009 04:24 #39805 by southernman
Merkles wrote:

I traded
1) San Juan
and in return:
GOT:
1) Star Wars: Epic Duels
2) Survive
3) Battleball
4) Scotland Yard
5) Dungeon
6) Master Labyrinth
7) Three other games, too--Phalanx, Snowball Fight and another that I can't remember.

Yup--all in one trade. It was a math trade.

Looks like a winner.

Merkles wrote:

I traded Tannhauser and I got a complete and great shape Dune

A worthy entry.

Haven't traded that much as most action happens across the pond and/or involves euros.

- War of the Ring for La Citta
- Tide of Iron for Mississippi Queen + Exp (A good game but couldn't resist - mini math trade at BGG)
- Betrayal at House on the Hill for El Grande (German version)
- RoboRally (WotC) for Magic Realm ([ducks] - c'mon, I was never going to get it played !)
- Memoir'44 for Stimmt So
Last edit: 29 Aug 2009 04:24 by southernman.

More
29 Aug 2009 04:36 #39806 by Rliyen
Here are some of mine:

Best one so far:

Traded: Monsters Menace America ( I already had Monsters Ravage, MMA was trade bait anyway. Spent $20 to buy it from TRU).

Received: Thunder's Edge, another set of Demonworld (in primo condition, will use other set for trading), Princess Ryan's Star Marines, and my next fave minis game: Gangs of Mega City One.

Some others:

Traded:
Nexus Ops ($20)

Received:
New copy of Runebound Second Edition
- Mind you, I still have a copy of NO. Bought the additional copy from TRU for the gamewhore price of $20.

Traded: Dust

Received: Marvel Heroes - I got Dust from Barnes (along with a mea culpa game for late shipping Tyranno Ex), but had the similar reaction to the DOAM. Bland and boring. So, I always wanted MH. The opportunity was there and I took it. I also agree with Skele's reaction to the official FAQ about the FF. FAQ? What FAQ?

And some special ones (these were simply to spread the love):

Gave: 80% complete set of Dune - It was sitting about, only to be used as a replacement parts game. RKFade was gushing on and on about how he had played it recently and it was like heroin to him. So, I sent it to him.

Received, but did not ask for:
Wreckage and Arena Maximus. I got them, despite the fact that I didn't want anything in return. His words (sic) "Too bad, you're getting them. They're already in the mail."

Bought and paid halfsies for shipping:
SW: Risk OT to Southernman. Tom was bitching at the time when the price for the game was going below a spider's navel and he couldn't get a copy around his neck of the woods yet. So, I went out and picked one up for him.

Received (after a very cryptic email):
Sauron expansion for LOTR. Thanks, Tom, for making LOTR nigh impossible to beat. To achieve the same feeling, I will just smash my testicles with a hammer next time.

Gave:
My entire MTG collection (with over $150+ worth of rare OOP cards) - KId's father wanted to get some extra cards for his son, who was just breaking into the habit. Wonderful parenting, there. :)

Received: Core set of Heroscape – Minus one figure (eaten by dog – nom nom nom) Later got the figure replaced from Vrykolas.

More
29 Aug 2009 07:15 - 29 Aug 2009 07:16 #39809 by southernman
Rliyen wrote:

Bought and paid halfsies for shipping:
SW: Risk OT to Southernman. Tom was bitching at the time when the price for the game was going below a spider's navel and he couldn't get a copy around his neck of the woods yet. So, I went out and picked one up for him.

And still one of my favourite games ! It has the distinction of supplying one the most incredible/amusing/fun gaming session I've experienced - three games finished in about 45 minutes where I had two turns total, yep never got a turn in the last game where (due to not paying attention much from laughing at the previous two games) the Hutt player set up well and grabbed his 10 planets easily.
Last edit: 29 Aug 2009 07:16 by southernman.

More
29 Aug 2009 07:48 #39810 by flim_flam
I traded a pile of eurocrap for TI3 last year and just last week I traded another pile of eurocrap for Starcraft. I guess this is how I get my coffin games...

More
29 Aug 2009 09:07 #39813 by KingPut
I forgot one of my favorite. F:AT's trade master Dogmatic sent me a stack of excellent Dead Bootlegs for hooking up with a guy selling a bunch on older games cheap.

And Dogmatic forgot his trade with Big Bien. Dogmatic got a box of 5 or 6 so-so older games. It did have Cold War and Baseball Strategy. And Dogmatic gave Big Bien $5.00 and 2 cigarettes. However, Big Bien had to carry the games to Dogmatic's car.

More
29 Aug 2009 09:15 #39814 by mjl1783

Best one so far:

Traded: Monsters Menace America ( I already had Monsters Ravage, MMA was trade bait anyway. Spent $20 to buy it from TRU).

Received: Thunder's Edge, another set of Demonworld (in primo condition, will use other set for trading), Princess Ryan's Star Marines, and my next fave minis game: Gangs of Mega City One.

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the games, Scott. That's better than having them just sit on my shelf unplayed.

More
29 Aug 2009 10:44 #39819 by southernman
flim_flam wrote:

I traded a pile of eurocrap for TI3 last year and just last week I traded another pile of eurocrap for Starcraft. I guess this is how I get my coffin games...

Why are all the stoopid boardgamers in the US :-(

;-)

More
29 Aug 2009 11:42 #39823 by Rliyen
mjl1783 wrote:

Best one so far:

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the games, Scott. That's better than having them just sit on my shelf unplayed.

Yep, playing the crap out of them. Haven't played Gangs, but have been brushing up on the rules. It's akin to Necromunda, but it's Judge Dredd, so that makes it better in my book. Dredd fan before GW schtuff.

More
29 Aug 2009 14:02 #39828 by Merkles
All of my trades have been math trades on BGG or here. Which is probably why I got some pretty great deals...and others (not posted) that may not seem so great. BUT---it is also why I love math trades. No one rips anyone off. I've built the bulk of my collection via math trades.

((like when I was 8 and traded the 5 year old down the street 10 1976 colorful Topps cards at a pop--usually a ton of Milt May--for 1956 Topps baseball cards) I still feel guilty for that.)

More
30 Aug 2009 03:48 #39844 by Stonecutter
Gave up Imperial and Galactic Emperor in a math trade for FoD and Tigris and Euphrates.

Imperial is one of the best Euros, but I could never get it to the table.
T&E is one of the best Euros and I've... yet to get it to the table, but the odds of it seeing play are far better. At worst this was a wash where I got the more expensive game.

Galactic Emperor is a giant turd and getting FoD for it was a steal.

More
31 Aug 2009 03:52 #39862 by Protoss
I'm just about to send out Modern Art + El Grande expansions (from the decennial edition, keeping the base game). And in return I will hopefully receive Fury of Dracula (new FFG edition). Sounds good to me.

More
31 Aug 2009 09:15 #39872 by san il defanso
Just last week I traded Thurn and Taxis for Cities and Knights of Catan. I feel like I'm getting away with something...

More
01 Sep 2009 10:56 - 01 Sep 2009 10:57 #39990 by Ken B.
Best trade: Sent Corey Konichiwakenizkia a small stack of SWCCG rares. He sent me his already punched, in beautiful shape Twilight Imperium 3rd Edition, with player aides to boot.

Another good trade: sent someone a pack of promo Anachronism cards from Scrye. Got Runebound 1st Edition. This made me happy.

Yet another good trade: Traded away a full set of WCW Nitro TCG + Hardcore expansion. Got AH Hannibal (unpunched, with light box wear), Fire & Axe (new version), En Garde (the little card game from the Kung Fu guys), and shit, one other nice game that I can't think of right off.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'm a moron. The other "nice" game was fuckin' BATTLESTATIONS. Sweet, sweet trade.
Last edit: 01 Sep 2009 10:57 by Ken B..

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.287 seconds