October 09, 2023
2220 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2440 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

F:AT Arms Trade #4 - Logan's Trade - RESULTS UP

More
26 Aug 2010 12:00 #72360 by Tevin
WHAT SORT OF SCAM IS THIS?

JFK, that's fine with me. I guess those little dwarfs will have to wait in their submarine purgatory a little longer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Aug 2010 13:54 #72376 by Ska_baron
Yeah, no worries - life's crazy and all that jazz.

I'm super stoked to FINALLY be able to play Cosmic Encounter (my number one want on this list). I'm guessing the only way I got it is because everyone else already friggin has it.

Also getting Mall of Horror! Always interested by it, but couldnt pull the trigger because I had no clue how it'd go over with my friends/family. This is a nice, low risk way of finding out since I'm pretty sure I could trade it off again if need be.

Thanks again to Matt and all participents. This was, as it always is, awesome!

More
26 Aug 2010 13:58 #72377 by Tevin
Oh, Ska, YOU were the one who got Cosmic, huh? Besides the long shot for Nexus Ops, that was my first choice.

*shakes fist*

Oh well, I'm very happy with Dominion and Red November.

Also, thanks to Matt for doing this whole thing!

More
26 Aug 2010 14:48 #72385 by MattFantastic
Just got back from the post office. It's kind of a mixed blessing when you trade 14 items. But next week is gonna rule.

And thanks to all of you for participating, if it was just me and Jeb we'd still get a few trades poppin, but not nearly as much haha.

More
26 Aug 2010 14:57 #72386 by Ska_baron
Heh, sorry Tevin. Hopefully I'll give it a good home!

Yeah, I have a copy of N.O. and figured lots of others would wanna get in on that anyway so I didnt even try.

Curious if anyone was really jonesing for my BaHotH though... kinda tough to gauge demand for something soon to come back into print.

More
26 Aug 2010 15:08 #72389 by san il defanso
MattLoter wrote:

Just got back from the post office. It's kind of a mixed blessing when you trade 14 items. But next week is gonna rule.

And thanks to all of you for participating, if it was just me and Jeb we'd still get a few trades poppin, but not nearly as much haha.

Thanks, Matt. You're almost as speedy as me! I got mine shipped today as well.

Also, let me express thanks for running it, and humble admiration at a man who's shipping 14 games.

More
27 Aug 2010 15:02 #72437 by MattFantastic
So, fun story, I am a total fuck nutter and didn't follow my own rules for the trade. I could have swore up and down that I still had a copy of Gulo Gulo but apparently I was wrong since when I went to pack it up and send it out it was nowhere to be found. Of course it also happens to be hard to find right now as the reprint is delayed so it wasn't like I could just order it and ship it off and just be out a few bucks.

I sheepishly let Liam (ANCIENT_OF_MUMU) know that I blew it and that I'd figure out a way to get him a copy (I started calling stores, trying to work out other trades with people and so forth). He gets back to me and says, don't worry about it, just send me something else instead. Color my mind blown.

So Liam, you are an awesome dude and the sort of person who makes me proud to be a part of the Fattie crew.

More
27 Aug 2010 17:28 #72459 by Michael Barnes
You should get that copy of FUCKING NEW ENGLAND from Jeb and send it to him.

On the balance sheet I totally got boned on this trade, to be honest. I spent $33 on shipping and got three video games that I'll maybe play for a while and then trade out for probably less than my postage costs alone, not including the value of the games.

But I'm not complaining at all. I like doing these because we get these games in circulation among us, and it gives folks an opportunity to get their hands on games they may not have otherwise been able to buy. And sometimes, folks take a chance on something they might not have been willing to buy. So I'm happy to effectively lose a couple of bucks to share some games with you guys that would otherwise be sitting in my closet gathering dust.

More
27 Aug 2010 23:14 #72490 by MattFantastic
I think Jeb got hosed the worst, though he did fuck up his list.

Also, forgot to add for anyone that cares, if you are on the BGG and newer to trading it helps to have some feedback points on there so go run your trades through that system and get your rep up.

More
28 Aug 2010 17:05 #72518 by Stonecutter
MattLoter wrote:

Also, forgot to add for anyone that cares, if you are on the BGG and newer to trading it helps to have some feedback points on there so go run your trades through that system and get your rep up.

Yeah Jeb did get really screwed

If anyone wants my copy of Hunting Party (mint condition) I'm willing to ship it off to you for free, so long as you send something to Jeb.

More
28 Aug 2010 23:18 #72543 by jeb
Stonecutter wrote:

MattLoter wrote:

If anyone wants my copy of Hunting Party (mint condition) I'm willing to ship it off to you for free, so long as you send something to Jeb.

Hahaha, oh man. That's amazingly thoughttful, but I don't think you'll get any takers on this site. FUCKING NEW ENGLAND would trade faster.

It's OK guys. I get a little queasy when I think about missing out on KING PHILLIP'S WAR and HAMMER OF THE SCOTS, but it's cool because my shipping costs are low. barnes is getting $5 worth of video game postage, one small Canada envelope, and then a big fucking box to Matt and i'm pretty much done. If I forked out STARCRAFT and TIDE OF IRON or something, i'd be more busted up.

Lesson learned, though, check those lists!

More
29 Aug 2010 21:03 #72580 by MattFantastic
Stonecutter wrote:

MattLoter wrote:

What do you want Jeb? I'll go for it. (something small though, I already sent you one giant box his week)

More
30 Aug 2010 12:28 #72629 by Tevin
What's the best way to start the week?

Having a Dominion-sized package dropped off in my office :-)

I love getting packages, especially ones that have games.

Thanks Loter!

More
31 Aug 2010 11:46 #72756 by jeb
If you want, I'll take ELDER SCROLLS, CHILDREN OF MANA, or HOUSE OF THE DEAD OVERKILL--set you back a padded envelope. ;)

Tevin's well backed CITADELS and THE CONDUIT came in, thanks! I'll add you to my list.

I have three envelopes in my car going out today: Michael Barnes, Dr. Mabuse, and Browncoat. Sorry for the delay--I was busy all weekend.

More
31 Aug 2010 15:18 #72771 by MattFantastic
Done, I'll ship it out tomorrow. I'll let you be surprised with what you get!

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds